2 Pages V  < 1 2  
We're In Trouble, According to this
Gary
Jan 10 2010, 03:17 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 9 2010, 01:58 PM) *
Why would the US get involved Militarily with one of the biggest oil reservations on the earth? Venezuela,

for democracy? to help Venezuelan people?

I'd go for oil, but that's only my opinion,

There are numerous reasons the U.S. may engage Chavez..and being an American I would admit that some of the reasons could be seen as selfish. That said, we are are a country that thrives on freedom and the proliferation of democracy..we have sworn to protect these two ideals both here and abroad and we have paid a tremendous price (in terms of both economics and lives) to support them.

You may have noticed that Chavez devalued the Venezuela currency today by 50% as compared to the US dollar. The impact of this will be severe to the common citizens there. This one move could very well be the beginning of the end for him. As for the oil..the US is in doubt nervous about how Chavez would use oil (and the nationized profits he makes from oil) to make political gains in South America.

Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gary: Jan 10 2010, 03:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 10 2010, 03:24 AM
Instructor
By they, I mean big companies and elite that earn money from the oil business. And oil business is the big business, there is no bigger business. If there is oil in the arctic, they will for sure melt it down and find a way to pump it out. They will do just about anything just to keep the oil pumping out, it's what moves the world ahead.
[irony] - If fighting a small local war and killing hundreds of people (both local people and army sent there) is a decision that had to be made, you can imagine, that melting some ice caps and drilling down the ocean is a piece of cake. [/irony]

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 10 2010, 03:26 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 10 2010, 04:19 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 10 2010, 03:24 AM) *
By they, I mean big companies and elite that earn money from the oil business. And oil business is the big business, there is no bigger business. If there is oil in the arctic, they will for sure melt it down and find a way to pump it out. They will do just about anything just to keep the oil pumping out, it's what moves the world ahead.
[irony] - If fighting a small local war and killing hundreds of people (both local people and army sent there) is a decision that had to be made, you can imagine, that melting some ice caps and drilling down the ocean is a piece of cake. [/irony]

i'm interested what do you mean by a small war
and did you not read oil profits are only 8 percent, of course don't trust me , research it your self

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 10 2010, 06:14 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 9 2010, 08:24 PM) *

The oil business is not the biggest business or the most profitable as has already been pointed out and they are not evil. These same oil companies spend more than you would think on research trying to find other alternate energy sources and ways to drill where you could not drill before without too much damage. I am pretty sure they won't decide that melting the arctic is the way to go. Bigger problems at least here in the US are Big School, Big (lying) Science (see global warming, global cooling, climate change, ozone hole frauds) and the worst Big Government.

QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 9 2010, 07:28 PM) *
I don't it's good to be paranoid with this type of stuff because you can't get anything out of that, but it's good to be conscious.

They guy that made that movie in my opinion is nut case. He is making money playing off of peoples worse fears and he is not even good at it.

QUOTE (Gary @ Jan 8 2010, 10:44 PM) *
[..]
I wonder why the US is building 7 military bases in Colombia!

Hmmmm... I wonder if it could have anything to do with the whack job that is running Venezuela..Chavez? At some point someone is going to have to whip this dudes arse. It will either come from within as citizens of Venezuela tire of his nationalization projects and take a run at a revolt, or the beating will come from the outside (U.S). It is not uncommon for countries to invite the US in when they start getting nervous about their neighbors.

Gary

But...but, Michael Moore, Sean Pean, Oliver Stone and other hollywood tools think he is just awesome. This Marxist tyrant will have to be dealt with sooner or later.

Thank God we have a Constitution in the US. No matter how hard they try to do as Chevez does they will never ever get away with it. But still they are trying daily.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 10 2010, 09:58 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Oil is not a business, it is a tool of manipulating global economy, and the 8% margin is a joke. The connection between $ and oil is what makes it possible for the USA to do what they do for the last 50 years, like bringing democracy to different places via warheads. And there is a contradiction between "don't believe anything" and "research yourself" because doing research is nothing else than reading some sources that You believe are right. The choice is between believing something that makes sense, and that which makes none.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jan 10 2010, 11:28 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 10 2010, 04:19 AM) *
and did you not read oil profits are only 8 percent, of course don't trust me , research it your self

The thing is that a percentage doesn't mean anything. 8% on billions of dollars will always be far more interesting than 95% on the money from GMC. And all that money isn't used to help people live, but to make more money from it. I think Kristofer uses his paycheck to live.

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 11 2010, 04:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jan 10 2010, 09:58 AM) *
And there is a contradiction between "don't believe anything" and "research yourself" because doing research is nothing else than reading some sources that You believe are right. The choice is between believing something that makes sense, and that which makes none.

yes, in the end you have to choose what to believe

QUOTE (Gary @ Jan 10 2010, 03:17 AM) *
There are numerous reasons the U.S. may engage Chavez..and being an American I would admit that some of the reasons could be seen as selfish. That said, we are are a country that thrives on freedom and the proliferation of democracy..we have sworn to protect these two ideals both here and abroad and we have paid a tremendous price (in terms of both economics and lives) to support them.

You may have noticed that Chavez devalued the Venezuela currency today by 50% as compared to the US dollar. The impact of this will be severe to the common citizens there. This one move could very well be the beginning of the end for him. As for the oil..the US is in doubt nervous about how Chavez would use oil (and the nationized profits he makes from oil) to make political gains in South America.

Gary

Interestingly enough I heard yesterday on French news radio that Chavez and Venezuela are using a different type of exchange "currency" that doesn't depend on the dollar to manage oil and derivative transactions.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:52 PM