An Original
sanders4617
Jan 5 2007, 10:10 PM
GMC:er
This is the first time I have ever wrote a song. I have tried many times and could never even get something to sound halfway right. I have no idea at all where these lyrics came from. Just for it to be my first song, I am happy. I could never even get a full verse written before.

For now... its my First Random Song... or... "Come Back Home"

http://www.myspace.com/sanderstheband

As you can tell.. this isn't professional quality.. and somewhat abstract(the song).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sanders4617: Jan 6 2007, 07:52 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Norven
Jan 6 2007, 12:48 AM
Nice song.
Nice voice too smile.gif

Man I liked it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
BiGBeN
Jan 6 2007, 12:57 AM
I really like. . . NO! i love it ! it makes me think of getting stoned when i was younger and letting my mind travell places i couldnt go. biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
bricktop
Jan 6 2007, 03:00 AM
QUOTE (BiGBeN @ Jan 6 2007, 12:57 AM) *
I really like. . . NO! i love it ! it makes me think of getting stoned when i was younger and letting my mind travell places i couldnt go. biggrin.gif

I really like it, great job! keep going!!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 6 2007, 11:26 AM
GMC Founder
Great! Lots of feel to it... biggrin.gif Some cool licks in it too!

Two great song contributions on one day!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Jan 6 2007, 12:46 PM
Your no longer a beginner
You made it
Your a pro

Well done

Great song by the way - really great.
Thats good enough to hear everyday on the radio

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jan 6 2007, 06:34 PM
I really appreciate it! I have had an overwhelming number of responses to this. Not only on this forum, but by people here locally. Everybody seems to think that it is really good, so I will go with that. I guess whenever any of us create our own music, we seem to be a lot harder on ourselves than everyone else.. so I didn't expect the great comments. =D

--------------------

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Jan 6 2007, 07:46 PM
Yeap, nice to see some multi-track work posted, nice tune thats for sure, good vocals too!

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jan 7 2007, 01:24 AM
dam that was good man. I loved it, i'd say thats definitly radio material.

good job man and keep it up

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jan 8 2007, 11:02 PM
I added a cover of a John Mayer song. I didn't really do much with spicing it up or anything.. just the acoustic and me... with some messups at the end, which I don't have down yet (learned it yesterday). Please critique if you may.. mostly the voice. Its a quiet song.. sort of like the title. =D

This post has been edited by sanders4617: Jan 8 2007, 11:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheProof
Feb 20 2007, 12:47 AM
wow awesome job i didnt think anyone could cover john mayer he's just overly incredibal and you did 90% of that song right although i still do prefer john mayers voice keep that influence but make it your own like your first song which is magnificent by the way

--------------------
People are strange, when you're a stranger.
Places look ugly when you're alone.

Where we start. Is where we end.

+Quote Post
Iscariott
Feb 20 2007, 01:40 AM
Your style is really outside of what I listen to, but in the guitar program I'm in at my college we focus on lots of different styles. One of the biggest thing my teacher hammers home is chord voicing, and I really like yours.

One suggestion, is lower the volume on the lead slightly. Let it kind of float through your vocals a little more at first. I really like what you played, but it overpowered the vocals which I also liked. If the lead was a little less in your face volume wise(which is weird for me to say...metal) I would have loved the way the vocal melody and the lead played together.

Great song.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 20 2007, 02:39 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (sanders4617 @ Jan 5 2007, 04:10 PM) *
This is the first time I have ever wrote a song. I have tried many times and could never even get something to sound halfway right. I have no idea at all where these lyrics came from. Just for it to be my first song, I am happy. I could never even get a full verse written before.

For now... its my First Random Song... or... "Come Back Home"

As you can tell.. this isn't professional quality.. and somewhat abstract(the song).

I liked it a lot - I can't fault the song, some great ideas in there and a nice acoustic style. With a little more care on the recording and production side it could go far!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 20 2007, 05:03 PM
This was really cool.

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Mar 5 2007, 07:32 PM
Been a while since I have been on here.. but thanks again for the comments.

Yeah I agree on the production of it and the lead guitar volume. I won't be able to improve sound quality much more until I get better gear. I can turn the lead volume down though, except I don't have the internet at home anymore. lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.J
Mar 17 2007, 07:25 PM
Just checked it out.. you're pretty good for a guy whos played seriously for pretty much a just over a year.
Nice song! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Sing. With your head up. With your eyels closed. Not because you love the song. But because you love to sing" - Copeland

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 17 2007, 11:00 PM
Loved it. smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
terryn0
Mar 18 2007, 07:40 AM
wow...that was awsome for your first real song

my first was a piece of.....well, i'll just say its not worthy of being posted

lol, and no, its not that im being hard on myself, i got that response from plenty of others too

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Mar 25 2007, 05:24 PM
wow awesome, thanks man, that was some inspiration for me:) im trying to finally get a song finished instead of 10000 riffs

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 AM