Been Gone For Awhile - But Looking To Come Back, But Don't Know Where To Start Again
Guitar1969
Feb 17 2012, 03:29 AM
GMC:er
Hello all:

I was with GMC way back when (I think 2006 - looks like my member number is 901) up until a few years ago when the prices went up quite a bit and I got busy with other things, and tried a few other learning programs.

I am looking to get back going but was wondering if there is a tutorial or a post for new members to help maximize my new experience with all the different features, such as video chat, mentoring(When I left the mentoring program was just getting going), and collaborations. To be quite honest, my first time around I felt overwhelmed by all the options and couldn't keep it all organized so I didn't use it much (had too many videos bookmarked- deer in headlights syndrome).

I don't have a lot of time (run my own insurance business), am probably older than most (put it this way, I am teaching my 12 year old son guitar and he will quickly be surpassing me - speed seems a lot easier for him). But I have learned there is no shortcut to guitar and practicing is required if you want to improve - I just get stuck on what I should be practicing at this point so a lesson plan would help. Guitar is theraputic for me, and I also play at my chuch a few times a month (rock worship like Hillsong United, Switchfoot, etc).

I was almost to the point of getting a teacher but it seems expensive for what it is so I thought I would see what GMC could do, maybe with a mentoring program to give me that one on one type experience with a customized lesson plan (which is what I think I need at this point).
I would say I am intermediate, but self taught, I have learned some bad habits, that are more beginner level. Style is definitely rock, but would want to get better at blues too (since most rock guitar is blues influenced).

Favorite guitarists are Slash, Edge, EVH, Hendrix).

So where do I start and how do I learn about all the hidden secrets of GMC?

Thanks for all your help,

Michael

PS - And on top of it all, looks like I can't spell very good from my title - "Ben rather than "Been" - unfortunately an edit won't allow me to change that - Sorry.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:24 AM