> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Hola Gabriel!, How to get out of the routine...
The-Levy
Sep 22 2007, 11:17 AM
GMC:er
Hey Gabriel. I am asking you couse you have such a variaty of lessons with different styles. I feel I am in a box. Cant get out of the same sound. I know Minor Petatonic and Aelian scales and I can mix them a little bit. Is there any advice about phrase construction what would help me get out of the same style of improvising?? Ayuda!!! Thanks man laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 24 2007, 09:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The-Levy @ Sep 22 2007, 07:17 AM) *
Hey Gabriel. I am asking you couse you have such a variaty of lessons with different styles. I feel I am in a box. Cant get out of the same sound. I know Minor Petatonic and Aelian scales and I can mix them a little bit. Is there any advice about phrase construction what would help me get out of the same style of improvising?? Ayuda!!! Thanks man laugh.gif

OK... I hope that I can give you some Ayuda!! laugh.gif
You could learn other scales and modes, but the most important thing for me is to began to listen other styles of music that open your mind. Listen to it and try to learn this music and to make improvisations over it. I don't know what music do you like but I will suggest you some albums (that I have in mind at this moment) that I really like in different styles:

Guthrie Govan - Erotic Cakes
Astor Piazzolla & Gary Burton - New Tango
Bullet for my Valentine - The Poison -
Vertú (Stanley Clarke, Richie Kotzen and Lenny White) album -
Juana Molina's albums (Argentinian Strange Singer)
Opeth - Damnation
Jeff Bluckley - Grace -
Pat Metheny - Beyond the misouri Sky
Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Chris Cornell's first soloist album

What music do you listen to?

gabriel.-

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The-Levy
Sep 26 2007, 08:10 AM
I dont really like have a preference but I like Rock and its many variations and everything that involves good guitar solo's. Lets say AC/DC, Anything with Slash playing guitar, ZZ TOP. Some comercial bands like All American Rejects, Santana...
I am always open to hear new stiles and bands so I really apreciate your sugestions. Let me try to post a short demo I recorded while learning how to record with my Pod.. Maybe if you hear you can give me some more advice.. just dont be to cruel... and a newbie.. =)

Here it is huh.gif laugh.gif

http://www.swfltech.com/testdemorazor.mp3

This post has been edited by The-Levy: Sep 26 2007, 08:10 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 26 2007, 04:29 PM
GMC Founder
Chris Cornell's first soloist album

I am glad to hear someone else likes this one - it's called Euphoria Morning and it's one of my all time favorites! biggrin.gif I can really recommend it!

Also - his new "Carry On" is really cool smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2007, 09:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 26 2007, 12:29 PM) *
I am glad to hear someone else likes this one - it's called Euphoria Morning and it's one of my all time favorites! biggrin.gif I can really recommend it!

Also - his new "Carry On" is really cool smile.gif

yes Kris! That album is so great! I didn't have its name in mind when I post it. I love his singing and his composing abilities. The harmonies that he uses in his songs are amazing and in the new album he continues exploring it. He also come back to some irregular rock riffs like in the Soundgarden music. My favourite songs of the new album are No such thing (What a beautiful verse and main riff) and You know my name.

I have a new Cornell's unplugged album recorded in Sweden. Have you heard it?

gabriel.-

QUOTE (The-Levy @ Sep 26 2007, 04:10 AM) *
I dont really like have a preference but I like Rock and its many variations and everything that involves good guitar solo's. Lets say AC/DC, Anything with Slash playing guitar, ZZ TOP. Some comercial bands like All American Rejects, Santana...
I am always open to hear new stiles and bands so I really apreciate your sugestions. Let me try to post a short demo I recorded while learning how to record with my Pod.. Maybe if you hear you can give me some more advice.. just dont be to cruel... and a newbie.. =)

Here it is huh.gif laugh.gif
http://www.swfltech.com/testdemorazor.mp3

Nice! smile.gif Good guitar sound. There is a problem with the sound of the drums... the phase is being canceled and that why it sound with a flanger effect.
My suggestion: You have to try creating more melodies. The solo sound like if you are walking in the scale. Try to create phrases (Check my firsts blues licks lessons where I talk about that).

Keep on practicing!! smile.gif

gabriel.-

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Sep 26 2007, 09:05 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 26 2007, 09:13 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 26 2007, 10:04 PM) *
yes Kris! That album is so great! I didn't have its name in mind when I post it. I love his singing and his composing abilities. The harmonies that he uses in his songs are amazing and in the new album he continues exploring it. He also come back to some irregular rock riffs like in the Soundgarden music. My favourite songs of the new album are No such thing (What a beautiful verse and main riff) and You know my name.

I have a new Cornell's unplugged album recorded in Sweden. Have you heard it?

gabriel.-

Ah no I haven't - thanks I will look for it!

I agree it's cool that he adds more and more of soundgarden riff to his songs. Let's just hope he does it because he wants to - and not because of record company directions! laugh.gif

I also like "killing birds" from that album - it's cool to practice vocals with blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 26 2007, 09:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 26 2007, 05:13 PM) *
Ah no I haven't - thanks I will look for it!

I agree it's cool that he adds more and more of soundgarden riff to his songs. Let's just hope he does it because he wants to - and not because of record company directions! laugh.gif

I also like "killing birds" from that album - it's cool to practice vocals with blink.gif

laugh.gif it's very possible... I'll check that song to practice my singing too... ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
The-Levy
Oct 4 2007, 06:33 AM
I have been working on the blues lessons you recomended. I totally understand what you mean. I could learn more scales but I need that melodic "thing" in my soloing... thanks for the advice, and please keep those blues licks comming!!! Gracias compañero.

This post has been edited by The-Levy: Oct 4 2007, 06:34 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 4 2007, 09:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The-Levy @ Oct 4 2007, 02:33 AM) *
I have been working on the blues lessons you recomended. I totally understand what you mean. I could learn more scales but I need that melodic "thing" in my soloing... thanks for the advice, and please keep those blues licks comming!!! Gracias compañero.

It's great to hear it compañero!! smile.gif
Keep on practicing!

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:36 PM