Rammstein
Frederik
Apr 2 2009, 03:15 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
What do you think of Rammstein? I dont usually listen much to heavy, only a little pain of salvation (used, ashes etc)
but im totally in love with rammsteins slow epic riffing and strings backing .and the german language just adds to the heavyness.

-Frederik

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Ramiro Delforte
Apr 3 2009, 06:26 AM
Instructor
It's a cool band. I have the Live Aus Berlin DVD and it's a great show.
I'm not a big fan but they have some nice songs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
AlexLion
Apr 3 2009, 07:08 AM
GMC:er
Well not bad for sure smile.gif Not a fan, but there are some cool songs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 3 2009, 07:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Reise Reise is so cool wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2009, 07:59 AM
GMC Founder
Definitely am a fan! laugh.gif All their song are masterpieces in terms of composition, arrangement, heaviness, lyrics and mood (the singer Till gives me chills everytime).

I had to start looking up/translating their lyrics though - before I could fully appreciate them. Their lyrics are extremely clever and thought out - which probably explains why they stick to their native language.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 3 2009, 08:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2009, 08:59 AM) *
Definitely am a fan! laugh.gif All their song are masterpieces in terms of composition, arrangement, heaviness, lyrics and mood (the singer Till gives me chills everytime).

I had to start looking up/translating their lyrics though - before I could fully appreciate them. Their lyrics are extremely clever and thought out - which probably explains why they stick to their native language.

Exactly how i feel about it too. the pronounciation and low register vocal is so nice. and i do know german. and yes lyrics are great

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 3 2009, 08:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
I guess a lot of the fame comes from the martial use of the German language and their shocking image but they are also great musicians who created their own style of music...

Inside news from Germany: There will be a new RAMMSTEIN album in 2009, they are recording since autumn 2008 and are propably mixing it right now. They said that it will be a lot harder than the last two records ROSENROT and REISE,REISE and sound more like their first records!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Apr 3 2009, 08:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Great group and superb live, seen them twice and they deliver big time.

Its great to have a group with their own identity which makes them stand out from the masses.

As Kris said the lyrics are well thought out and delivered perfectly by Till.

Can't wait for the next album

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post
Mr T
Apr 3 2009, 10:02 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Apr 3 2009, 09:06 AM) *
Inside news from Germany: There will be a new RAMMSTEIN album in 2009, they are recording since autumn 2008 and are propably mixing it right now. They said that it will be a lot harder than the last two records ROSENROT and REISE,REISE and sound more like their first records!

That's great news biggrin.gif

I've seen them live 3 times sofar. Their live shows are amazing, so I'll be there once they tour again.
Till's presence on stage is impressive... kind of hard to believe he is actually a shy person.

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Skalde
Apr 3 2009, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Rammstein are a great band. I didn't like their last albums too much, though.
The new album looks promising smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 3 2009, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Rammstein are great! Especially the first few albums.
The later stuff do sound a bit too repetative though. Hope the new album will be great!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 3 2009, 10:54 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2009, 03:59 AM) *

I agree 100% Kris.

Here in Canada the first song I ever heard was of course Du Hast. Still one of my fave's by them I must say. However it wasn't until I bought the album and heard their cover of "Stripped" by Depeche Mode that I really became a fan. But I must say now that I've taken the time to understand and translate the lyrics, I appreciate them that much more. Like you said the lyrics are so thought out and clever. A great band for sure. I'd love to see them live.

+Quote Post
sigma7
Apr 3 2009, 11:05 PM
i got hooked after seeingthem in the movie XXX

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 4 2009, 07:23 PM
I kind of grew up with Rammstein tongue.gif

I saw them when I was ten the only time I ever saw them live. They were not that famous back then. But it was an awesome show near berlin. Maybe 300 listeners.
It´s great to remember back every time smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Apr 4 2009, 10:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2009, 01:59 AM) *

Hey hey hey Kris posted tongue.gif I havent seen a post from you in a while.

Back to the subject. I love Rammstein. The song Amerika always makes me laugh. The first song I heard of theirs was Du Hast. I was hooked from there. Reise Reise is great too. They are great musicians. I had to take a break from the for a while. Their music became too literal and addictive to me. But all in all I still love them.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Apr 5 2009, 03:52 PM
Being dutch, I can understand a fair share of their lyrics, and I think their compositions are great. When they release their new album, I´m definately gonna give it a listen. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:09 PM