Falling Dream, a song i wrote
sentia
Mar 12 2011, 03:38 AM
GMC:er
EDIT: here is the "studio version", please listen and tell me what you think:

it turns out the wah pedal i'm using makes it almost impossible to hear... so you'll have to bear with me... x.x

umm please give me advices i guess

smile.gif

there's also a cover of a qotsa song on my channel but it's not very interesting

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sentia: Jun 19 2011, 07:42 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  falling_dream.wav ( 83.45MB ) Number of downloads: 153

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 12 2011, 12:58 PM
Instructor
There's some great ideas in there, Man smile.gif I like the combination of effects and strumming you've got.. it sounds very tribal. The guitar's a little out of tune so some of the chords don't sound as nice as they're meant to but still, you created a hypnotic atmosphere smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 12 2011, 02:30 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nice, sad and atmospheric. Sounds exotic too, in its own way.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 12 2011, 05:07 PM
Amazing work man, remind a bit of buckethead on albums like electric tears and Colma

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
sentia
Mar 12 2011, 05:21 PM
wow, thanks guys biggrin.gif

i will remember to retune my guitar before playing next time

did the main riff sound better with or without wah? i wasn't sure so i did both of them...

also, did you think the riff around 5:00 was boring? i actually came up with it right before i recorded this, so i tried to work it in, but i felt like the transition wasn't too good...

This post has been edited by sentia: Mar 12 2011, 05:22 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 12 2011, 08:41 PM
Instructor
Sounds excellent! smile.gif I like the dynamic contrast you make between verse and chorus, and melodies are excellent, very atmospheric tone too!

There are couple of suggestions I should mention:

- Try to record it again using a metronome, and record as tight as possible.
- when recording in tempo, insert some gentle drums, like hihats on quarter notes and build from there. in chorus, there can be even nice kick & snare groove
- don't forget to tune the guitar well before recording
- program some MIDI bass to follow the root notes of the chords.
- you can use same MIDI file for bass for adding some padding, some gentle atmospheric sample with low attack.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sentia
Mar 12 2011, 09:03 PM
thanks for the advice!

how do you go about making drum and bass tracks? i don't have any midi/recording software so i'm not sure where to begin...

+Quote Post
sentia
Jun 17 2011, 11:49 PM
see first post

This post has been edited by sentia: Jun 19 2011, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
sentia
Jun 19 2011, 07:42 PM
nobody listened yet? ;_;

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 19 2011, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Start with free software, so when you gain a routine proceed to more serious plug ins!
Try this one it's free - free drum

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 8 2011, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Sorry about late response mate. Yes, you will need a recording software! I recommend Reaper since it's free, and you can start from there.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 AM