30 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Creativity Workout 1, Improve your composing skills!
fzalfa
Jul 7 2015, 08:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Laurent! Nice take over this backing. Your submit has given a happy country feel to the picture. Your phrasing is very tasty and except by some sections in the beginning, the note choices are very nice to hear. I also think that some more mids in your tone can make this one fit better in the mix, as well as some little delay or reverb.

hi Gabriel

really recorded in less time than i take to write this,i had listen it again today, and i found it near to be awfull, i'm really shameless to dare showing you this !!!

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 8 2015, 02:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Haven't come up with much, time is a big issue.

Ok, my initial idea is the intro melody which could go on to be embellished into a main theme.

My idea from this picture is a lone cowboy, no horse, stranded in the desert with vultures circling overhead. He is looking for shelter, and is fearing the vultures as he weakens. The tone is supposed to be tense to represent the fear of the cowboy.I even thought of a mythical bird, The Cactus Vulture, I always think cacti could be animated to morph into other things, they have "that" shape wink.gif

No backing, just the initial idea.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/cactus-vulture-basic-intro-melody-in-progress-g-maj

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 8 2015, 03:18 PM
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 7 2015, 03:21 PM) *
hi Gabriel

really recorded in less time than i take to write this,i had listen it again today, and i found it near to be awfull, i'm really shameless to dare showing you this !!!

Laurent

Your track is what gave me inspiration to write mine, I don't see why you would think yours is bad. I believe is really good. Don't be so hard on your self brother.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 8 2015, 09:48 AM) *

Ok, my initial idea is the intro melody which could go on to be embellished into a main theme.

My idea from this picture is a lone cowboy, no horse, stranded in the desert with vultures circling overhead. He is looking for shelter, and is fearing the vultures as he weakens. The tone is supposed to be tense to represent the fear of the cowboy.I even thought of a mythical bird, The Cactus Vulture, I always think cacti could be animated to morph into other things, they have "that" shape wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/cactus-vulture-basic-intro-melody-in-progress-g-maj

Phil

Great sounding melody Phil, I think this is going to be an awesome take from you. Can't wait to hear your song.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 8 2015, 07:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jul 7 2015, 04:11 PM) *
Here is the extended version, Enjoy!!!!

Lets hear it brother!!!!

Cool follow up! It's interesting to see how the melody has given a sad direction to the tune. I honestly didn't imagine that it could become this, but I have to say that the surprise is positive. Cool stuff mate.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 7 2015, 04:21 PM) *
hi Gabriel

Laurent

Hi Laurent, I don't know why you say this. I don't think that your improvisation is bad, I think that your phrasing is tasty and inspiring. Why are you saying this mate?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 8 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Phil

Hi Phil! This is very interesting. I can really feel the story that you see behind this picture, however I feel that the melody would work much better with other instrument... maybe a wing instrument,,, something more like a recorder or pipe, I'm not sure... do you agree?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 8 2015, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 8 2015, 07:46 PM) *
Hi Phil! This is very interesting. I can really feel the story that you see behind this picture, however I feel that the melody would work much better with other instrument... maybe a wing instrument,,, something more like a recorder or pipe, I'm not sure... do you agree?

AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif I hate recorders laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm sorry I'm not doing as well with these latest pictures as I did with the first three sad.gif I guess I struggling to find a spark unsure.gif

This melody reminds me of some other piece of music but I can't think what, I played it to someone at work and they said it reminded them of Top Gun in a way, but I'm not sure.

My idea is that the camera is watching the struggling cowboy, then, just as the guitar starts it pans to the cactus and setting sun, zooming in on the circling predators.

I've tried to add a bit of atmosphere at the beginning, when you would be watching the cowboy wink.gif I need to come up with a rhythm, maybe that will help to inspire a new melody if this one is no good to build on smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/cactus-vulture-in-progress-2-gmaj

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 8 2015, 09:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Laurent, I don't know why you say this. I don't think that your improvisation is bad, I think that your phrasing is tasty and inspiring. Why are you saying this mate?

well
i'm (very) frustrated because i'm not good as i like to be now, i'm plenty of idea, melody etc, but i cannot materialise them.

frustration is good....a good motivation

you see what i mean ?

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 8 2015, 10:29 PM
Laurent,

I am the same, I have good ideas but can't get them into my fingers. That is why we are here. We will eventually be able to connect our mind to our fingers. Have patience mate. It will come smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 9 2015, 01:54 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 8 2015, 05:29 PM) *
Laurent,

I am the same, I have good ideas but can't get them into my fingers. That is why we are here. We will eventually be able to connect our mind to our fingers. Have patience mate. It will come smile.gif

Hi guys, Hopefully this little article guide you in the right direction. Hope it helps.

http://www.fretjam.com/how-to-mimic-the-vo...itar-solos.html

Also i redone this song let me know what you guys think. Enjoy!!!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 9 2015, 07:29 AM
Learning Roadie
i try to sing my solo when i play, but i'm not alone in the rom when i play so it's not really confortable for other.

but my guitar professor told me to do that, and when i can do it, that work !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 9 2015, 09:07 PM
QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jul 9 2015, 01:54 AM) *
Hi guys, Hopefully this little article guide you in the right direction. Hope it helps.

Thanks Ricky, I'll have to fit that into my weekend schedule. Much appreciated smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 10 2015, 01:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 8 2015, 05:16 PM) *
AAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif I hate recorders laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I'm sorry I'm not doing as well with these latest pictures as I did with the first three sad.gif I guess I struggling to find a spark unsure.gif

This melody reminds me of some other piece of music but I can't think what, I played it to someone at work and they said it reminded them of Top Gun in a way, but I'm not sure.

My idea is that the camera is watching the struggling cowboy, then, just as the guitar starts it pans to the cactus and setting sun, zooming in on the circling predators.

I've tried to add a bit of atmosphere at the beginning, when you would be watching the cowboy wink.gif I need to come up with a rhythm, maybe that will help to inspire a new melody if this one is no good to build on smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/cactus-vulture-in-progress-2-gmaj

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil! While I was listening to this new version, a drum groove came to my mind... check it out and tell me what you think... smile.gif

Attached File  rhythm_Phill.mp3 ( 314.83K ) Number of downloads: 64

QUOTE (Ricky9 @ Jul 8 2015, 09:54 PM) *

Also i redone this song let me know what you guys think. Enjoy!!!

That's so cool mate!! Now that I checked this tune, I can say that the groove that I suggested to Phil has some connection with the groove of the riff here, and also, the melodic section has some relation to Phil's melody.... we are all connected!! biggrin.gif

I really enjoyed your composition, it sounds modern, and interesting. Thanks for sharing it here.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jul 8 2015, 05:32 PM) *
well
i'm (very) frustrated because i'm not good as i like to be now, i'm plenty of idea, melody etc, but i cannot materialise them.

frustration is good....a good motivation

you see what i mean ?

Laurent

yeah, I see. So the ideas are in your mind, but you cannot transpose them to your guitar.... you need to do some more ear training. There are basically two things that has helped me a lot:

- Learning songs and solos by ear.
- Playing scales and phrases and singing at the same time.

Do this diary, and the connection between mind and guitar will be much smoother.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 10 2015, 01:20 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 11 2015, 10:16 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 10 2015, 01:28 AM) *
Hi Phil! While I was listening to this new version, a drum groove came to my mind... check it out and tell me what you think... smile.gif

Attached File  rhythm_Phill.mp3 ( 314.83K ) Number of downloads: 64

Thanks Gab, I'll give that a try later on today smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 11 2015, 08:52 PM
Hello Gab,

I just extended your rhythm a little and put it into the track. I'm not sure how it all fits together timing wise, it's sounds ok to me because I was thinking along the lines of the drums not being part of the musical piece so to speak but, another element of threat for the cowboy; the Indians a very near ph34r.gif !!!!!!!! I've also tried to add a bit of tension with the effects at the beginning by using l/r panning.

Had to do this in Reaper which I really don't know so lost some practice tonight, enjoyed doing this though, learning a little bit more in Reaper smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/cactus-vulture-in-progress-3-gmaj

Thanks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2015, 02:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil! I think that both things could go great together. The first part of the melody goes well with the groove, then the rhythm connection between both is lost. You should try to play the melody over the drums to make them go together... do you note what I mean?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2015, 12:43 PM
Thanks Gab, I understand fully what you mean smile.gif I'll do another take tonight. I've just tried to have a go but I'm struggling to play long slow notes over a quick backing rhythm. rolleyes.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 12 2015, 12:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 12 2015, 06:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2015, 08:43 AM) *
Thanks Gab, I understand fully what you mean smile.gif I'll do another take tonight. I've just tried to have a go but I'm struggling to play long slow notes over a quick backing rhythm. rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Great! Looking forward it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2015, 07:58 PM
Ok, I've had a try but for some reason I am struggling with timing. Playing longer notes over a beat like this is tricky for me, is this normal for a beginner? I keep wanting to replicate the beat when I play the notes on the guitar, I hope that makes sense. It's all part of the learning process I guess but it does feel odd to me. smile.gif I can't even hear if it is in time or not rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/cactus-vulture-in-progress-4-gmaj

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 12 2015, 09:22 PM
I put some chords on the backing track drums that Gab gave you, the chords are Bm, Amaj, Gmaj. Hope it serves you of ideas.

Attached File  Phil66.MP3 ( 442.45K ) Number of downloads: 83

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2015, 09:56 PM
Thanks Ricky

I'll try that out tomorrow wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ricky9
Jul 12 2015, 11:07 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2015, 04:56 PM) *
Thanks Ricky

I'll try that out tomorrow wink.gif

You welcome, please feel free to ask any question you have, I am by no means a "Rockstar" but i do know a little and if i don't know i will certainly guide to the right place. And i have all the time in the world since i retired from the military. I try to help Gabriel since his hands are full with like a million people, plus a full time band.

This post has been edited by Ricky9: Jul 12 2015, 11:09 PM

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:12 PM