Vasilije Vukmirovic Jazz Fusion Part 2 My Take, Your advice/feedbakc on my take pls!!
playaxeman
Jan 24 2009, 03:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi GMC

Because experience is the best practice i had give it a go at a new lesson by Vasilije Vukmirovic.

Here is my take: Attached File  Fusion_Jazz_Part_2_Vasilije_Vukmirovic.MP3 ( 3.36MB ) Number of downloads: 268

I liked the backing so i tried to jam along with this one.

Point is i never find myself good enough.

Sometimes you need the feedback and advice of other guitar players.

That why i posted this take just to improve yourself.

I am not good in scales so that what i have got to work on sometimes you can hear that. biggrin.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 24 2009, 04:15 PM
Instructor
I think since this is improvised a lot of things have to be taken in consideration when evaluating your playing and progress.

What comes to my mind is your phrasing (rhythmic placement) in the first part of solo is weak. As you got more into improvising it became more obvious where down and up beats were and melodies started to have structure to them more and more. My opinion - you should work on making that stronger , even if its improvising try to think of question and answer both in terms of melody and rhythm.

Regarding melodic devices or scale you used... It sound like you went with D minor pentatonic trough most of it. How about trying some modal soloing , arpeggios ?

That would definitely help in more ways then one as you would start to see your guitar neck differently wink.gif

Overall since its improvised I have to say it is good work but I am sure you can do even better - thats why I mentioned those advices above.

Thanks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 24 2009, 04:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Pedja,

Thx for taking the time to listen an analyse. biggrin.gif

That is all i needs to be a better player.

Yes i improvised all. You r right about that and also about the Dm pentatonic.

I am not familiar with other scales (yet biggrin.gif ) so that is what i need to work on.
Any recommendation to a lesson on scales an arpeggio's?

Yes your question and answer is also a part i have to work on.
Now i just play on and play to something that come up in my mind, there no real red line in way i am playing.
Any lessons in particular that are handling that subject?

Thanks for your feedback i appreciated it very much

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jan 24 2009, 06:08 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
It is definitely a good improv. There a couple of notes that sound a bit wrong, but nearly all of it is great. Well done. smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 06:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sounds good man. smile.gif You had some nice ideas that where developing. Your guitar tone fit the jam good also.

Is this backing posted somewhere? I might like to take a crack at this. cool.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 24 2009, 07:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jan 24 2009, 06:08 PM) *
It is definitely a good improv. There a couple of notes that sound a bit wrong, but nearly all of it is great. Well done. smile.gif

Thx Matt23 for your comment

I know there are a couple of notes that sound a bit wrong that is why i practice with recordings myself takes so i can learn form it

I must learn some scales the ovoid these wrong notes

Cheers

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Jan 24 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Sounds good man. smile.gif You had some nice ideas that where developing. Your guitar tone fit the jam good also.

Is this backing posted somewhere? I might like to take a crack at this. cool.gif

Hi UncleSkillet

Thx for your comment. I appreciate the meaning of fellow guitarist.

Cheers

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 24 2009, 11:59 PM
Instructor
I just listened to it, sounds great man. I love the tone, it reminds me of Santana a bit smile.gif As far as technique goes, I would advise better bending and vibrato control. Other than that it's pretty good, and there are some very interesting lines in there.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 25 2009, 12:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 24 2009, 11:59 PM) *
I just listened to it, sounds great man. I love the tone, it reminds me of Santana a bit smile.gif As far as technique goes, I would advise better bending and vibrato control. Other than that it's pretty good, and there are some very interesting lines in there.

Thx Ivan,

The bending and vibrato is something i will work on.

Maybe in a couple of weeks after i have worked on the lessons you and Pedja advised i will record it again to see if there is some progress made.

I love Santana he is very good, so this i a great compliment, thx.

The tone is (if someone is interested and has Line6 Gearbox or Podfarm:

1990 Brit J 800 with cab 4 x 121978 Brit Celest T75's
FX: Anlog Delay
& Medium hall Reverb
& Gate

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 25 2009, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Great mate, thanks for sharing! Will try the tone! Good luck with those lessons, and post something again soon! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 26 2009, 10:34 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Sounds pretty good

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 26 2009, 02:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (superize @ Jan 26 2009, 10:34 AM) *
Sounds pretty good

Thx mate

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2009, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Sounds good mate, needs a little bit of practice in some areas like Ivan said, but besides that it's spot on smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 27 2009, 08:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Jan 27 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Sounds good mate, needs a little bit of practice in some areas like Ivan said, but besides that it's spot on smile.gif

Hi Toni

Thx for taking the time to listen and give positive feedback.

I working hard on these parts.

Cheerio

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars

Amps

Effects

Recording

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 27 2009, 11:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Jan 27 2009, 09:36 PM) *
Hi Toni

Thx for taking the time to listen and give positive feedback.

I working hard on these parts.

Cheerio

No problem mate, and upload something again soon! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Toni Suominen: Jan 27 2009, 11:08 PM

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:37 PM