Not Dead Just In The Woodshed
Daniel Robinson
Jan 16 2010, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Hello everyone i just wanted to drop a line that lets you all know i am not dead. As some of you know i have had some nerve problems in my right arm, i am slowly getting my mobility back. I am still playing but have had to undo, and completely change the way i pick so i do not injure myself again.

I have been picking the way i do for almost 20 years, so its like having to learn all over. Like in the topic i just been in the woodshed trying to work out everything. Aside from relearning how to pick, i am also having to do extensive rehab to the tendons and muscles where the damage occurred so all my muscles have even tension across my forearm so i do not put strain on the injury. Basically shoring up the surrounding tissue so i dont get injured again.

Just a heads up missing you guys

Daniel

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 16 2010, 09:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
Feel sorry for You, and I hope the problems will be far away in the future. A friend of mine had the same problems (playing Upright bass), but it is now solved, he had to do some surgery and then rest for some months, but now he's back in full strenght! biggrin.gif
Take care!!!!

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jan 16 2010, 10:47 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Good to know that everything is on the right track Daniel smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrindGuer
Jan 16 2010, 11:47 AM
Experienced Rock Star & Challenge Star
Sad news. Take care Daniel !

--------------------
�Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten.�
― Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 16 2010, 02:35 PM
Instructor
I remember when you spoke about this issue. I'm glad things are getting better. You are a good player man, and I think you will recover your strength soon, just hang on! Wish you the best man. Take care.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 16 2010, 04:42 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Long time no see, thanks for the update on what's going on.
Hope you'll be alright soon!

If it's any comfort I changed my picking technique right before I came to GMC after 17 years, because I sucked - that and GMC was part of a full makeover.
Had, just like you, start from the very beginning with boring technique practice day after day after day.
In the beginning it felt like it would be impossible to unlearn a bad habit but it only takes a couple weeks before the brain and muscles have adjusted to the new approach.

Best of luck with your health and new technique. It'll all be sorted in time I'm sure smile.gif
Don't stress it!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 16 2010, 05:25 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hope you'll be alright soon mate smile.gif
Good to "see" you again smile.gif

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Jan 16 2010, 06:07 PM
GMC:er
what a coincidence man. I was just checking out your george lynch lesson a couple of days ago and I thought this daniel guy was good and it would have been interesting to see more stuff from him, but I saw you had only two lessons and probably left the site.

Good to know you are doing well!!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jan 17 2010, 11:53 AM
Jazz Instructor
I am glad everything is ok!

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 17 2010, 01:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good to hear from you Daniel! smile.gif
Hope your arm recovers soon!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 17 2010, 02:13 PM
GMC:er
Good to hear that you're making a recovery Daniel!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 17 2010, 04:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm glad that you are recovering Daniel! Its hard to learn that stuff allover again but its for good for the future to avoid similar problems! Hope you'll completely recover soon! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 18 2010, 06:28 PM
Instructor
Welcome back Daniel!

I know you are gonna get better. If I would have to relearn how to pick, I would, that's inevitable.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jan 21 2010, 10:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 18 2010, 01:28 PM) *
Welcome back Daniel!

I know you are gonna get better. If I would have to relearn how to pick, I would, that's inevitable.

No doubt, it is inevitable. If i wasnt able to pick with my hand i would figure out a way to pick with my face or something. Not playing guitar isnt an option, its just frustrating though. You always have expectations from yourself, and not being 100% is really a downer. But there is a silver lining though, not being able to alternate pick the way i want i am having to strengthen my legato playing alot! So my playing is improving in that respect and its all good since i was a really mediocre legato player so its adding a new element as i progress

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:51 PM