2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Kemper Rack Mount! With 600 Watts
osiris
Jan 24 2013, 10:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 24 2013, 10:24 AM) *
Here is OLA ENGLUND in the studio Profiling a MESA TRIPLE RECT. Towards the end they do an A/B and it's spot on. You can profile any amp, but you don't need to as they have mostly all been profiled and you just download the patch from the PROFILE EXCHANGE on the Kemper site smile.gif

Here is a vid of some guys profiling a Bogner.

Pro's all over the world have been flocking to this device. All of the live shows I attended last year seemed to have at least one kemper in the fx rack. The marshall stacks would be pointed at the audience, but looking behind them THEY WEREN"T EVER CONNECTED TO CABINETS! And I saw one or more Kempers right next to the monitor mix position every time. I see a lot of bands at a place called the Masquerade as that's where heavy bands play. And I kept seeing various Kemper setups.

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
Jan 24 2013, 09:12 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 24 2013, 10:24 AM) *
Here is OLA ENGLUND in the studio Profiling a MESA TRIPLE RECT. Towards the end they do an A/B and it's spot on. You can profile any amp, but you don't need to as they have mostly all been profiled and you just download the patch from the PROFILE EXCHANGE on the Kemper site smile.gif

Here is a vid of some guys profiling a Bogner.

The kemper always sounds a little bassier and has a bit less warmth. Btw i don't understand the need for a lot of amp models, since most pros have their trademark sounds and use those always.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jan 24 2013, 09:32 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Jan 24 2013, 09:12 PM) *
Btw i don't understand the need for a lot of amp models, since most pros have their trademark sounds and use those always.

Completely agree with this statement! I don't even change the settings on my amp, why would I have another amp ? If you look at the big names in music, they all have a trademark sound which they keep for their entire career, that's why when you listen to their music, you can immediately tell it is them..

--------------------

+Quote Post
ItSME3
Jan 24 2013, 10:03 PM
for some "great" and "distinct sound" guys, the idea is to be able to take "their" sound on the road in just one small box. Also its a great studio tool. Guys like Lukather or Morse use it. So there you got your "great" guys using that machine. BTW switching directly on the Kemper between Ref. Amp and Kemper is not really the best idea for A/B comparison. This is no guitaramp in the room sound. I got a friend who has a Kemper and AxeFx (see some other thread). If you profile your amp you best use an isocab and not a microphone in front of your real cab. The profile quality depends a lot on the way you place your mic etc.
If you make a make a profile and then play your original amp and compare this to a kemper through a good power amp with the same cab, you will be really astonished about the quality of the profile.

Try it out yourself if you find the thing in a store. It is really a great machine. BTW I have seen it a couple of times now on stage !

This post has been edited by ItSME3: Jan 24 2013, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jan 24 2013, 10:27 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
So then for those of us who are not traveling on tour or who are not in studio it is not so useful..

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 24 2013, 10:29 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 24 2013, 03:43 AM) *
Good question Bogdan - are there any Kemper users here that are willing to post some samples? smile.gif

I post you samples every time I give you my new practice take! laugh.gif

Edit:

http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/mix-testing-solos
http://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/wtf2

First 20 seconds is music. I was testing to see if I could capture computer footage as I played for the rest.

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Jan 24 2013, 11:59 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Jan 25 2013, 05:49 AM
I find it hilarious that it is the EXACT price of the AxeFX II. biggrin.gif

Although in theory I still find my AxeFX II way more appealing, I do want to try out the Kemper sometime. Seems like a great piece of gear!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2013, 07:37 AM
TEOWULF: Like any piece of gear, it's NOT EVERYONE"S CUP OF TEA, but that's the beauty of it smile.gif Some folks don't like amp modeling in general, some folks don't like amps, it's a big world and there's enough space for everyone to have their own cup.

QUOTE (TeoWulf @ Jan 24 2013, 03:12 PM) *
The kemper always sounds a little bassier and has a bit less warmth. Btw i don't understand the need for a lot of amp models, since most pros have their trademark sounds and use those always.

CONNOR: That's because, to some degree, these products serve somewhat similar segments of the market even though they are VASTLY DIFFERENT products. Now that the AXE FX supports it's own quasi kemper functionality, with Tone Printing, the fight is getting serious. Ideally, you could use both. Profile your fav amp/cab and not have to tote it around or catch it on a bad valve day, and still have the axe fx for nearly unlimited fx fun.

But that's 4 grand worth of gear. I doubt Ill be putting that much down, But a guy can dream!!

Todd
QUOTE (ConnorGilks @ Jan 24 2013, 11:49 PM) *
I find it hilarious that it is the EXACT price of the AxeFX II. biggrin.gif

Although in theory I still find my AxeFX II way more appealing, I do want to try out the Kemper sometime. Seems like a great piece of gear!

Well, it's still usefull for dialing up any tone you can think of no matter where you are playing, home, studio, the road, etc. and you can have it via headphones, usb, etc. without having create a noise violation. smile.gif

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jan 24 2013, 04:27 PM) *
So then for those of us who are not traveling on tour or who are not in studio it is not so useful..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:28 AM