In The The Market For A New Guitar ....
ntigner
Aug 23 2009, 08:58 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys, so im looking for a new guitar, and with all the selections out there its hard to know exactly what to buy.

i play alot of lead (or try to wink.gif ) ... i guess you could say i basically just like to play alot of diff. kinds of rock ... but every now i then i ditch all the distortion and like to play real bluesy stuff, so i guess i need a fairly versital guitar. also price is kind of a big deal ... id like to not spend much more than $500 USD. So any help you guys could give me would be greatly apprectiated.

Thanx!!

o right now my gear consists of ...

Greg Bennett Les Paul

Line 6 Spider III 30

Zoom G1X Effects Pedal

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 23 2009, 09:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
Lead? Rock? Blues? Versatile?
A Mexican Made Fender Stratocaster with a Humbucker in the bridge (Fat Strat) jumpes into my mind!

Can you be a bit more specific please? Bodyshape, sounds you want to achieve, etc...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
ntigner
Aug 23 2009, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 23 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Lead? Rock? Blues? Versatile?
A Mexican Made Fender Stratocaster with a Humbucker in the bridge (Fat Strat) jumpes into my mind!

Can you be a bit more specific please? Bodyshape, sounds you want to achieve, etc...

well to be honest i dont really care about body shape or what the guitar looks like, i dont want the guitar to look good i want it to sound good lol

when i play lead i guess my tone is almost like kirk hammett of metallica ... kinda like rip your ears off distortion lol. but alot of the time i try to get more of a zz top sound to.

as far as rhythem goes it varies from day to day, but id say sort of an AC/DC kinda feel alot of the time. I also have a tendancy to play anything acoustic through my pedal that way i dont need my piece of crap acoustic guitar ... ibanez talsman .. i hate it!! lol

so as i said, versatile is def a must

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 23 2009, 09:45 PM
Ibanez RG 350/370 or Yamaha Pacifica and as Zakk suggested a Mexi Fat Strat!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 23 2009, 10:38 PM
Instructor
I'm thinking something like Epiphone SG or Epiphone LP. Check them out when you go into the store.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Aug 24 2009, 12:14 AM
Godin Redline HB USA made 450 dollar guitar. Blows my $800 gibson away

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
axes
Aug 25 2009, 02:58 PM
I'll second Ivan, you should look for an Epiphone Les Paul. It can do everything you wrote you're looking for smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 25 2009, 09:39 PM
Instructor
Also, if you have a bit more money, check out in the store this guitar:

ESP LTD Viper 1000 White

Excellent bang for buck

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:28 AM