Ozzy .mama I'm Comming Home., Hello GMC ! I give a try to on Ozzy song.
Frank
Jun 12 2011, 08:02 PM
GMC:er
I give a try to this song,i did make a major mistake at on place in the solo,but the overal playing is ok.Let me know what you think. smile.gif

Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlRs9Dom7do

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 13 2011, 12:19 AM
Instructor
Can I be honest ?
What I noticed was - rhythmic disbalance! Mistakes in the wrong tone or chord are nothing compared with the wrong timing !
Working on it, use a metronome, and soon you'll see the difference...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frank
Jun 13 2011, 02:15 AM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 12 2011, 03:19 PM) *
Can I be honest ?
What I noticed was - rhythmic disbalance! Mistakes in the wrong tone or chord are nothing compared with the wrong timing !
Working on it, use a metronome, and soon you'll see the difference...

Thank you Sinisa!To get this done better going to take me a while.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 13 2011, 10:56 AM
Instructor
Only perseverance and patience, and the world is yours ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2011, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Frank.. yes Sinisa is right.. you need to pay closer attention to the count in the background.. it is absolutely essential because if you lose your place you can't just keep playing as if the backing hasn't moved on.. you either have to stop and practice it until you can do it 100% in time or you need to stop and listen to know when to come back in and with the correct part of the song.. I hope that makes sense ? smile.gif

For example, If I miss a chord whilst playing along to a backing track.. I have to just carry on and play the next part and forget about the chord I missed. But if you keep playing at your own tempo and try to fit in all the chords even though you've gone out of time then you will not be in synch with the 'count' or beat smile.gif

It's quite difficult to explain but I hope that helps smile.gif

+Quote Post
Frank
Jun 13 2011, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 13 2011, 03:02 AM) *
Hi Frank.. yes Sinisa is right.. you need to pay closer attention to the count in the background.. it is absolutely essential because if you lose your place you can't just keep playing as if the backing hasn't moved on.. you either have to stop and practice it until you can do it 100% in time or you need to stop and listen to know when to come back in and with the correct part of the song.. I hope that makes sense ? smile.gif

For example, If I miss a chord whilst playing along to a backing track.. I have to just carry on and play the next part and forget about the chord I missed. But if you keep playing at your own tempo and try to fit in all the chords even though you've gone out of time then you will not be in synch with the 'count' or beat smile.gif

It's quite difficult to explain but I hope that helps smile.gif

Thank you fore the advise Ben. Only in 2 Places i got out of tempo. The 1st started at the second part of the solo and the 2nd the entry after the solo. I been thinking what is wrong but i did found the problem . First of all i have to get my self on MP3 Stereo System and rerecord the backing tracks with a good quality recorder. Simply on this PC stereo what i got now is almost imposable to fallow the bit with out the headset .I don't see any where oust going out of rhythm,accept in this tow places. The overall playing is not bed i think. Talking about rhythm this song is very difficult to play.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 8 2011, 08:25 PM
Instructor
On some parts it was better then others. I think most problems are with strumming those chords! Keep practicing mate, it sounds cool! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:11 PM