5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Yngwie Malmsteen Collaboration, come on shredders sign up :)
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 12:52 PM
Instructor
Yes I can smile.gif I was thinking of that before and didn't really find any difference. If you think this thread is big then it wouldn't help you as we will end up with two big threads so that's even more confusing. I saw every Pedja's collab thread has 5 or 6 pages and people talking about the same thing on both of them. So what's the difference? I think it's easier to keep thngs in one place and open a new one for my final comments.

Let's see what other people think. Can you guys write if you would like another thread for upload?

So Kaz, are you in? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 15 2009, 01:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ehm.. I'l try wink.gif Malmsteen Arpeggios aren't the easiest things wink.gif But.. Owkay wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 15 2009, 01:06 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
superize
Mar 15 2009, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Yeah a seperate upload thread would be better i think.......

Anyway i am done writing my solo biggrin.gif but i cant really play it perfect yet.....

Got alot of two string diminished arpeggios i will practise it for the next two weeks untill i can play it perfect

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 15 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Ehm.. I'l try wink.gif Malmsteen Arpeggios aren't the easiest things wink.gif But.. Owkay wink.gif

Cool smile.gif I will try to upload some Yngwie exercises with tab that you can use in your solo.

QUOTE (superize @ Mar 15 2009, 12:09 PM) *
Yeah a seperate upload thread would be better i think.......

Anyway i am done writing my solo biggrin.gif but i cant really play it perfect yet.....

Got alot of two string diminished arpeggios i will practise it for the next two weeks untill i can play it perfect

Cool Superize. You have plenty of time to practice it.

I made an upload thread as you suggested

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor

On this thread you can find 15 licks in style of Yngwie which I hope you will find useful. There are 15 audio files and GP file.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...howtopic=25654

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 09:40 PM
Instructor
I uploaded my take on this thread. It's based on the licks I posted earlier today. I am now making the same GMC lesson.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 15 2009, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Awesome take Emir, lesson will be amazing I am sure smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 09:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 15 2009, 08:41 PM) *
Awesome take Emir, lesson will be amazing I am sure smile.gif

Cheers Pedja smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Branimir Habek
Mar 15 2009, 10:02 PM
GMC:er
i want to sign up biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Branimir Habek: Mar 15 2009, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 15 2009, 10:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Branimir Habek @ Mar 15 2009, 09:02 PM) *
i want to sign up biggrin.gif

Cheers Branimir, you're in smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 16 2009, 04:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi emir,

I still don't know if give it a try or not. 130 bpm is in the limit of my speed , I can play 16th notes sloppy at that speed. I'll try to come up with something if I see that it is worth it I'll sign up. I've been practicing those 3 string arpegios in 16th triplets but I can play them at 90 bpm , so I don't let's see what happends.

Your take was better than Yngwie , you rock Emir.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 16 2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Mar 16 2009, 03:21 PM) *
Hi emir,

I still don't know if give it a try or not. 130 bpm is in the limit of my speed , I can play 16th notes sloppy at that speed. I'll try to come up with something if I see that it is worth it I'll sign up. I've been practicing those 3 string arpegios in 16th triplets but I can play them at 90 bpm , so I don't let's see what happends.

Your take was better than Yngwie , you rock Emir.

You still have plenty of time. Don't need to shred non-stop if you can't. Make at least some nice melody

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 16 2009, 09:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Sign me up Emir. smile.gif I'll give it my best shot.....might even try some single string AP runs. Should be able to do some sweeps as well. smile.gif I'll probably sound more like Vai/Satch meets Yngwie. laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 16 2009, 09:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 16 2009, 08:06 PM) *
Sign me up Emir. smile.gif I'll give it my best shot.....might even try some single string AP runs. Should be able to do some sweeps as well. smile.gif I'll probably sound more like Vai/Satch meets Yngwie. laugh.gif tongue.gif

Thanks for joining Monte. It is great to have you back smile.gif You can sweep as much as you like. Yngwie does it a lot. Just keep it neoclassical and don't worry about AP to much smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Wim Novak
Mar 16 2009, 11:06 PM
GMC:er
Can i join the collab or is it to late

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 16 2009, 11:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sergei Polusmiak @ Mar 16 2009, 10:06 PM) *
Can i join the collab or is it to late

Never too late smile.gif You're in

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 16 2009, 11:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Emir am I counting right......8 bars of A5......8 bars of E5.....4 bars of B dim? Thanks. Cool backing BTW!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Mar 17 2009, 05:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
Emir,

Have been playing A LOT on this one. I'm at the moment attemptin to improvise with these new scales ONE STRING at a time. And so far, only done high E tongue.gif This is fantastic practice though as it includes all the interval notes so gets you used to the flavour of the scales...

I have one question, ok two I lie, here goes:

Is Phygian Dominant the same as Phrygian Major? I can't find Phrygian Dominant on the site I've been using to find scales.

And if so, does E harmonic Minor have the SAME notes as A Phrygian Dominant/Major therfore using the same patterns, just with the focus on a different route?

If that makes sense smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 17 2009, 06:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Mar 17 2009, 05:53 PM) *
Emir,

Have been playing A LOT on this one. I'm at the moment attemptin to improvise with these new scales ONE STRING at a time. And so far, only done high E tongue.gif This is fantastic practice though as it includes all the interval notes so gets you used to the flavour of the scales...

Is Phygian Dominant the same as Phrygian Major? I can't find Phrygian Dominant on the site I've been using to find scales.

And if so, does E harmonic Minor have the SAME notes as A Phrygian Dominant/Major therfore using the same patterns, just with the focus on a different route?

I had the Same question AJ....E phrygian Dominant is that Same as A harmonic minor. If you take the A Aeolian scale and play it with G# instead of G you will have "A harmonic minor/E Phrygian Dominant. Same scale, different root. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 17 2009, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 16 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Emir am I counting right......8 bars of A5......8 bars of E5.....4 bars of B dim? Thanks. Cool backing BTW!! smile.gif

Yes you are right smile.gif

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Mar 17 2009, 04:53 PM) *
Emir,

A harmonic minor is the same as E phrygian dominant not the other way around. Muris has it everywhere in his lessons. Extreme neoclassic or similar. I have done some lesson with that scale as well. Someone might call it Phrygian Major as it has a major 3rd but I don't really know. The most populat name of that mode is Phrygian Dominant (the 5th mode of Harmonic Minor).

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 17 2009, 05:04 PM) *
I had the Same question AJ....E phrygian Dominant is that Same as A harmonic minor. If you take the A Aeolian scale and play it with G# instead of G you will have "A harmonic minor/E Phrygian Dominant. Same scale, different root. smile.gif

Correct smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:24 PM