2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Jinkies! It's A Ngd
Darius Wave
Sep 13 2016, 12:43 PM
Instructor
Congrats on your new purchase smile.gif I's one of muste have for sure smile.gif Me and some of my friends used to say that tele is such an ungly guitar that it becomes beautiful in it's uglyness biggrin.gif I'm afraidn I'm not able to catch the meaning perfectly in english but...I hope you get what I mean smile.gif

I got "strat-old" at some point and now it's clear for me to start seriously thinking on some pro level strat. It has usually been a type of guitar that mostly pleasants some of my practise time at home but never worked for the projects I was collaborating with. At this point I feel like the strat neck single coil tone is simply perfect for many things I play currently. People change...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Sep 13 2016, 04:25 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Congrats Bleez! cool.gif She is looking sharp and sounding great man! Rock on!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 13 2016, 09:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
thanks guys smile.gif

I know exactly what you mean Darius. I used to think exactly the same way about teles smile.gif but I was wrong, turns out they are the coolest looking guitars this side of a Les Paul biggrin.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2016, 09:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 12 2016, 10:46 PM) *
yeah a kinda 'style of''. Im playing a few RHCP lessons at the moment. Theres a guy on youtube who does a really excellent indepth look at Frusciante's playing, he uses that progression in one of them. Its really good to play, Im trying to add lead and embellish on it. I'd like to be able to come up with stuff like that.

Cheers buddy.

How you getting on with the "ashtray" around the bridge? I couldn't deal with it when I tried one many moons ago.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 22 2016, 10:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2016, 09:16 PM) *
Cheers buddy.

How you getting on with the "ashtray" around the bridge? I couldn't deal with it when I tried one many moons ago.

No probs with the bridge at all smile.gif I actually find it much more natural to play than I do a strat. I really had to persevere with the strat and adapt to be able to play it but with this tele my hand position on the bridge is similar to my Les Paul so it feels quite normal to me. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2016, 10:15 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 22 2016, 09:09 PM) *
No probs with the bridge at all smile.gif I actually find it much more natural to play than I do a strat. I really had to persevere with the strat and adapt to be able to play it but with this tele my hand position on the bridge is similar to my Les Paul so it feels quite normal to me. smile.gif

I was more on about the ashtray around the bridge mate, the metal bit stands proud all around the bridge smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 22 2016, 10:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2016, 10:15 PM) *
I was more on about the ashtray around the bridge mate, the metal bit stands proud all around the bridge smile.gif

I dont have a cover for it if that's what you mean, I wouldn't get on very well with that but without the cover, its just a shelf I can rest the heel of my hand on smile.gif I like it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2016, 10:38 PM
Ahhhhh, the one I tried had the ashtray side very high, it was very uncomfortable. I'm going to get that hot rod one tomorrow smile.gif the bridge is always swappable so nothing to lose wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 23 2016, 08:20 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 22 2016, 10:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2016, 10:38 PM) *
Ahhhhh, the one I tried had the ashtray side very high, it was very uncomfortable. I'm going to get that hot rod one tomorrow smile.gif the bi trudge is always swappable so nothing to lose wink.gif

I played a 6 saddle one in the shop, much like the bridge on your hot rod, it was really nice to play. I just had a thing about getting a vintage styled tele.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2016, 08:21 PM
It had been sold when I got there, my fault I didn't put a deposit down. There will be others wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 23 2016, 09:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 23 2016, 08:21 PM) *
It had been sold when I got there, my fault I didn't put a deposit down. There will be others wink.gif

aw, man that's a pity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2016, 10:31 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, that gif doesn't fit buddy, unless I'm missing the point haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 24 2016, 09:56 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 24 2016, 09:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I wasnt the one who swooped in and bought that tele biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 24 2016, 09:57 AM
Ahhhhh, now I get it. I was being a total dodo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 24 2016, 10:09 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
TBH, stuff that makes sense inside my head doesn't always translate to the outside world biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 24 2016, 11:21 AM
It makes perfect sense mate, I was just being a total numpty rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:11 PM