3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
What Brought You To Gmc?, Outside of Learning To Play, What Media Outlet?
skennington
Apr 26 2008, 04:29 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Just curious as to what outlet convinced you to join. I see we are 25 members away from being 5000 strong! biggrin.gif

As for me, Freelicks.net which is owned by Kris, brought me here. I did'nt even know there was a forum til after I joined. Now, I spend alot of my time here with you guys and often wonder what promted you to join.

Ultimate Guitar, Youtube, Freelicks and any others out there that I may not know about.
I'm sure Kris and staff would enjoy the feedback as well.

On a side note, should we do something special for that 5000'th member?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 26 2008, 08:56 AM
Singing Instructor
My friend Ivan Milenkovic show me this place and,know I am lucky to be instructor with so many great instructors here and in beautiful community like GMC.smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 26 2008, 09:02 AM
Instructor
My friend Joe Kataldo show me the site, I have sent a demo and now I'm an Instructor, Wow!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 26 2008, 09:08 AM
Learning Roadie
I saw Kris's Bonkers intro video on Ultimate Guitar ARE YOU READY! DA DA DA DA DAA DA DA DA DA!!!!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 26 2008, 12:00 PM
GMC:er
I used this site since I saw Kris's video's at Ultimate-guitar, I guess I used this site since late 2006 and the beginning of 2007 But I joined since 8 january 2008, before that my parents didn't want to pay for it laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 26 2008, 12:56 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I found gmc more or less by accident, there was a link somewhere on youtube, and since I was curious I clicked on that link smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 26 2008, 12:56 PM
The Dark Canuck
I saw a video of Kris on UG and then joined that evening. Haven't looked back since smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 26 2008, 01:05 PM
Instructor
I saw a video of a this odd Guitartube guy trying to show us how to play with his bad motherfinger wink.gif Watched some more clips, and followed the link smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
fkalich
another what brought you thread, same answer.

In September of 2006 I felt that I had reached the point in life where I had three options...

1) A motorcycle
2) A younger woman
3) An amplifier

I went for option #3, cheapest, and least dangerous.

edit: oh, why am I hear, well, I've got an IQ of 140 and three masters degrees. I was fully capable of figuring that out with some research, the smart choice.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 26 2008, 01:09 PM

+Quote Post
Siggum
i was searching for some guitar scales, and via some links ended up here, subscribed the same day smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 26 2008, 01:10 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Two words : Curious Coincidence wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
jammer91
Apr 26 2008, 01:26 PM
I saw kris on UG, but never bothered downloading his vids (at that time there was no UG TV). I saw that kris' vids were like 70mb and i thought those lessons were a total waste of time (was a real idiot).

Later i tried Van Helens eruption and one of the only part i found doable was the tapping bit. Fact wass i couldnt tap for [toffee] (never understood the technique). Then a few weeks later i saw a free advert of Kris' tapping lesson on some site (think it was a gardening site). I LEARNT HOW TO TAP IN LIKE 10 MINUTES!!!!! I was totally blown away but the quality of that lesson. I immeadilty asked my dad for his creadit card, but my dad totally disagreed because:
1- This was happening last March when I was having my Exams
2-My dad is totally against spending online

So after my exams i was [totally] bored because I relocated countries (from Canada to Dubai) and there really nothing to do down here. So my dad let me sign up one day, right after we had a huge argument (to the point that he threw his car keys on the floor with frustration and chipped off the side plastic bit). Strangely, he agreed to let me sign up (he had the lets get it over with attiude and got me signed up in 5 minutes or less). As my dad came into my room later to apologize and see how im doing I had already got down the first vid of gabriels Iron Maiden 1 lesson and my mom came in was like "I hated Iron Maiden, Metallica and GNR when i was your age. they all used to sing so nasal."" I also went through Kris' 101 lessons and Pavels Alt picking and sweeping lessons. And for the next few weeks i was going haywire browsing this site till like 3 or 4 in the morning everyday. As my dad came into my room to apologize and see how im doing I had already got down the first vid of gabriels Iron Maiden 1 lesson. Gmc had an awesome charm last year (dunno why, i liked it when there were fewer members, Pavel and Andrwe scoring 40 posts a day, Kris with a totally different avatar (i think the one with the yacht behind him, me baffled by the world of shred, and the list goes on......

But there has been huge amount of advancement in this site since i joined. If you leave this site for a month and return youll notice a whole world of change (speaking from self experience here).

Edited for language - Smells

This post has been edited by Smells: Apr 26 2008, 08:47 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 26 2008, 01:32 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Apr 26 2008, 09:08 AM) *
I saw Kris's Bonkers intro video on Ultimate Guitar ARE YOU READY! DA DA DA DA DAA DA DA DA DA!!!!

+1

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 26 2008, 02:44 PM
Reason I asked, I was looking through some threads at HC and found people mentioning GMC. I found this one quite funny. Im sure most of you have seen it.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums...masterclass.net

Also I think they maybe talking about David here. 4th post down.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums...et#post23727077

By the way, nice story Jammer91

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 26 2008, 02:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hmm... I searched the web for online guitar lessons and I first was busy with Justinguitar.com (btw, that one is very very nice for a free site) and I just kept searching untill I found GMC!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 26 2008, 03:01 PM
Instructor
A good friend told me about the site,I contacted Kris and voila wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 26 2008, 03:03 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 26 2008, 09:53 AM) *
Hmm... I searched the web for online guitar lessons and I first was busy with Justinguitar.com (btw, that one is very very nice for a free site) and I just kept searching untill I found GMC!

Justin Sandercoe, he is pretty good but site is limited,but free.

QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Apr 26 2008, 10:01 AM) *
A good friend told me about the site,I contacted Kris and voila wink.gif

Thank You to that good freind!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Apr 26 2008, 03:06 PM
i saw a little add of kris' tapping video on UG so i clicked it and i was amazed and joined to long after

+Quote Post
Jenkinson
Apr 26 2008, 03:32 PM
Back in December of 2005 I was browsing YouTube for online guitar licks / lessons. I just wanted a couple of cool licks to play. Then I stumbled upon Kris' sweet child of mine, crazy train, and zakk wylde videos and I was blown away. I followed the links to GMC, which at the time had like... maybe 10 videos. I dont remember who, but there was only 1 other instructor than Kris.. either Pavel or Gabe. I decided this is just what I needed and signed up in January of 2006 and havent looked back. It was Pavel and Gabe running the site for a long time, I also liked it back then, but in order to get this big, and make this much money, Kris had to bring in other instructors. I will probably be a member of this site for the rest of my life. Hopefully I will be an instructor in a few years. I started playing about 4 months before I joine GMC... so I couldnt play much. Today, there isnt a single lessons I wont attempt because of my technical abilities. I owe alot of thanks to Pavel, Kris, and Gabe. Muris and Trond also help me out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Apr 26 2008, 04:37 PM
Long story short, i saw Kris teaching a in the style of Metallica lesson, which by the way had been really helpful. Followed the links or whatever and eventually signed up.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:09 PM