$2000 Dollars Worth Of Izotope Plugins $25 A Month
Todd Simpson
Apr 3 2021, 07:34 AM
GMC:er
I finally broke down and gave in to the dreaded "subscription plan" from IZOTOPE. After all, OZONE by itself is $500, not to mention the other plugins from them that I use all the time. I got tired of having to try to relicense everything each time I have a hard drive crash or my ilok starts acting funny. I saw that they had a $25 a month plan with basically all of their latest and greatest plugins. This is over $2,000 worth of software that I have been using for years but most of which has not been updated in a long time. I was still using ozone 6 for example and they are on version 9. So I bit the bullet and signed up for the package with RX pro (the repair suite) and ozone and just about every other plugin they make that I use. So far the install process has been a LOT smoother than trying to keep very old versions of software running. I recently had to do the same thing with ADOBE since my laptop drive died and when I restored it, auto update was on and it took me to CATALINA which won't run my old adobe software at all!!! No 32 bit software is supported. GUITAR PRO quit working as well!!! I had to upgrade it as well. IT was long overdue though. I was still on 6 and it's up to 7.5. So now I've got the FULL ADOBE suite, the full IZOTOPE suite, and the latest guitar pro. Both subscriptions run me $50 a month total. It's way less than buying the stuff would be and it will actually run on my new operating system. I've been stubborn about this a long time and refused to upgrade my operating system for years. Well here I am kicking and screaming in to updating smile.gif

Here is the link to the Engineers subscription bundle at izotope.
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/music-p...-suite-pro.html

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 3 2021, 07:36 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Apr 3 2021, 07:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've been running subscription based like that for a while for the plugins and VSTs that I occasionally use. I.e. EastWest Plugin that has Composer Cloud.

I know there are lots of services like that, from Waves to Sony Vegas. I know it can add up in the long run, but it works for me, instead of spending thousands of dollars at once.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 3 2021, 08:53 AM
Cool choice smile.gif

I highly suggest getting used to the tonal balance control when mastering or even during mixing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 3 2021, 09:01 PM
GMC Founder
$25 per month for all their plugins sure is tempting.

However it is a little annoying if you need to reactive the subscription just to export an old project. I might stick the logic pros stock plugins for yet some time.

Are there any specific plugins which you don't think are achievable at all with Logic Pro?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 5 2021, 05:26 AM
Ozone is a very handy mastering plugin with some very good presets that serve as a good starting point for using it on various instruments as well as entire busses, like the drum bus and entire mixes on the mix bus. You could probably build it yourself though just by stacking all of the things in does using the built in logic plugins as logic is just sooooo darn feature rich. Add a multiband compressor/etc. Probably about 4 plugins in a stack such as most folks do in mastering chains in logic x, and you can do pretty much the same thing. Of course, you gotta set each one of the plugins as well. Having a mix engineer create a patch that gets you most of the way there can sure save some time. The good news about the subscription is that you always get the latest version of each plugin and later on if you need to open an old project, you can download the legacy version of the plugin in question as long as your subscription is active. I used the logic plugins by themselves for quite a while before I found ozone. Ive only recently started trying the other plugins because they are now bundled in.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2021, 04:01 PM) *
$25 per month for all their plugins sure is tempting.

However it is a little annoying if you need to reactive the subscription just to export an old project. I might stick the logic pros stock plugins for yet some time.

Are there any specific plugins which you don't think are achievable at all with Logic Pro?

Same here. The prices to buy all this stuff is just insane. Subscription just makes more sense.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 3 2021, 02:43 AM) *
I've been running subscription based like that for a while for the plugins and VSTs that I occasionally use. I.e. EastWest Plugin that has Composer Cloud.

I know there are lots of services like that, from Waves to Sony Vegas. I know it can add up in the long run, but it works for me, instead of spending thousands of dollars at once.

Will do!!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 3 2021, 03:53 AM) *
Cool choice smile.gif

I highly suggest getting used to the tonal balance control when mastering or even during mixing.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 5 2021, 10:39 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 3 2021, 08:01 PM) *

I think Logic doesn't have a spectral comp./eq as of yet and I've been a big fan of that tech. since its baby steps. Izotope ozone (spectral shaper) and neutron (sculptor) has that and each serve different purposes.

None izotope alternatives are dseq and teote. These are very powerful tools and different strengths compared to each other but likely will take time for the ear to learn, let me know if interested I'll give quick tips for a headstart.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2021, 12:55 AM
It's very true. Of course, logic does have a very nice multi band compressor. Without being an "izotope snob", I do think the izotope bundle is a great value at $25 per month partially because of the bits like tonal shaping and such. here is a video where it's explained in some detail. I'm sure an advanced user of logic could get somewhat similar results. The Izotope suite just sets things up a bit quick and allow the user to focus on listening.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone/f...ral-shaper.html

A bit deeper dive in to ozone 9
P.S. EAR BUDS AND SMALL MONITORS MAY NOT LET YOU HEAR WHAT IS HAPPENING. TRY TO LISTEN ON GOOD MONITORS OR HEADPHONES WITH GOOD BASS RESPONSE

QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 5 2021, 05:39 AM) *
I think Logic doesn't have a spectral comp./eq as of yet and I've been a big fan of that tech. since its baby steps. Izotope ozone (spectral shaper) and neutron (sculptor) has that and each serve different purposes.

None izotope alternatives are dseq and teote. These are very powerful tools and different strengths compared to each other but likely will take time for the ear to learn, let me know if interested I'll give quick tips for a headstart.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 7 2021, 05:02 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 6 2021, 06:05 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks for the interesting feedback.

I agree that at the end of the day it's all about what gets the job done - and these tools are just there to help us. Most likely the izotope plugins will get the job done faster than stacking stock plugins.

Of course there are advantages to using less fancy plugins, in order to understand what's going on behind the scene. This will not only give you more control, but possibly also give you edge in terms of originality - as you learn to stack your favorite plugins in a way that is unique to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2021, 05:00 AM
Very true! I think it's important to take that approach no matter what you are using. After all, it gets easy to tell when someon is using a bunch of stock plugins and a bunch of stock presets. Stuff starts to sound the same. This can happen using just about any set of software that comes with it's own presets. it's important to try to find one's own sound no matter what tools are used. Throwing a quick preset on just to get moving is one thing, using the same preset all the way through and not changing a thing is how so much music starts sounding the same.

I hear a lot of CORE music that could all the same band. Sounds like superior drummer, guitar with one of the neural plugins, one of the newer vst bass plugins and some guy screaming with an octaver on his voice wrapped up with a mastering preset from ozone. This is what I hope people try to avoid. Sounding like stock presets and stock tools. it ends up sounding like a commercial for a plugin rather than music.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Apr 6 2021, 01:05 PM) *
Thanks for the interesting feedback.

I agree that at the end of the day it's all about what gets the job done - and these tools are just there to help us. Most likely the izotope plugins will get the job done faster than stacking stock plugins.

Of course there are advantages to using less fancy plugins, in order to understand what's going on behind the scene. This will not only give you more control, but possibly also give you edge in terms of originality - as you learn to stack your favorite plugins in a way that is unique to you.

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
Apr 7 2021, 05:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
I never tried the Izotope plugins, but I'm definitely tempted to try them out at some point. I use FabFilter a lot personally.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2021 - 03:24 PM