3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Intermediate Competition Mentor Trial Matchups!
skennington
Jan 8 2009, 04:23 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks guys and I'm very happy and honored at the same time to be a part of this. I think this program (and all involved) will take GMC to the next level of online guitar instruction. Thanks again and glad to be with you Jeff! Can't wait to get started!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
valentino
Jan 8 2009, 08:51 AM
GMC:er
Nice!! finally we have our mentors smile.gif

I'm happy with my mentor, I hope Tolek agree with the match up too.

Can't wait to start the lessons. ( Tolek, don't feel boosted with this smile.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If somebody finds a slice of finger call me please, surely is mine

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 8 2009, 08:53 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 8 2009, 03:02 AM) *
I'm firstly very happy and honoured to be chosen and I am very happy with my matchup. You are an awesome guitarist that is for sure. smile.gif Is it 2 times winner of advanced challenge smile.gif

So yeah I am going to put my all into this. You won't have any troubles with me smile.gif I am ready to work on stuff straight away and when you get the intro and session up I will work hard with it smile.gif

I will say hey when you start up the thread for us both smile.gif Thankyou for your time with this also.

Glad you are happy as well OC and thanks for the kind words smile.gif. You such an "institution" here, i don't have to mess up with you or i will be banned from here for ever .. laugh.gif
Great, you seems to be motivated, so lets not loose time smile.gif We don't have this Sylabus yet, but i guess my first proposition will fit in there somehow and later we can do a smooth transition ! I am working on to upload the first session. As i have a few things prepared last night it may take a while, but during the day it will be up. I'll let you know .. smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 8 2009, 08:58 AM
Instructor
This looks great !
Can't wait to see how you guys are doing together smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jan 8 2009, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Ahh i dident get choosen this time sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

But congratz to the ones who was chosen i will follow the progress on this...

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 8 2009, 02:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Ok guys, your guide syllabus is up and HERE

please have a good read, bear in mind that you can choose different lessons to the ones suggested, but keeping within the syllabus guide, just for the start of the MTP

Good luck with the second phase of the competition everyone! smile.gif

QUOTE (superize @ Jan 8 2009, 01:15 PM) *
Ahh i dident get choosen this time sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

But congratz to the ones who was chosen i will follow the progress on this...

dont worry mate, this is still the competition phase for the Intermediate mentors, there will be lots more spaces once the mentors are picked and we get fully underway smile.gif chin up smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 8 2009, 02:56 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 8 2009, 07:53 AM) *
Glad you are happy as well OC and thanks for the kind words smile.gif. You such an "institution" here, i don't have to mess up with you or i will be banned from here for ever .. laugh.gif
Great, you seems to be motivated, so lets not loose time smile.gif We don't have this Sylabus yet, but i guess my first proposition will fit in there somehow and later we can do a smooth transition ! I am working on to upload the first session. As i have a few things prepared last night it may take a while, but during the day it will be up. I'll let you know .. smile.gif.

You make me sound like a Mafia Boss laugh.gif I have many contacts in the underworld if this goes badly tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I don't even have any friends in the overworld lol laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 8 2009, 02:56 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 8 2009, 02:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 8 2009, 02:56 PM) *
You make me sound like a Mafia Boss laugh.gif I have many contacts in the underworld if this goes badly tongue.gif biggrin.gif

I don't even have any friends in the overworld lol laugh.gif

... but you did try to hide your identity in the intro video smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 8 2009, 03:00 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jan 8 2009, 01:59 PM) *
... but you did try to hide your identity in the intro video smile.gif

haha. Yeah biggrin.gif I forgot about that.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 8 2009, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
THis looka really promising guys, enjoy the experience smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Jan 9 2009, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
To Andrew or Smells,

Can I recommend we have two forum topics for each mentor? If the others agree.

One for structure and lessons, and one for questions and help? It's just I can see my thread becoming VERY confusing and all over the place! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Jan 9 2009, 05:32 PM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 9 2009, 05:37 PM
I had a question as well.

When this trial thing is up. Assuming it goes well and the mentor is continuing in his role, he'll have more students assigned to him correct?

Will we be staying with the mentor we have now? (assuming we want to)

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 9 2009, 05:57 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 9 2009, 05:32 PM) *
To Andrew or Smells,

Can I recommend we have two forum topics for each mentor? If the others agree.

One for structure and lessons, and one for questions and help? It's just I can see my thread becoming VERY confusing and all over the place! biggrin.gif

I kinda agree with this. Although, just thinking about this the practice agenda system is actually a bit better equipped for this. You have your new agenda item (the lesson/assignment) and you have the comments below that item. But of course I see why to put it on the forum at this stage.

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 9 2009, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 9 2009, 11:57 AM) *
I kinda agree with this. Although, just thinking about this the practice agenda system is actually a bit better equipped for this. You have your new agenda item (the lesson/assignment) and you have the comments below that item. But of course I see why to put it on the forum at this stage.

Maybe one general uploads thread for everyone here in on this board? May keep some of the clutter out.. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 10 2009, 01:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 9 2009, 06:03 PM) *
Maybe one general uploads thread for everyone here in on this board? May keep some of the clutter out.. laugh.gif

You mean one uploads thread for all 10 mentorees together or 10 seperate ones smile.gif? The latter may be ok, the first increases the clutter I guess tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Velvet Roger: Jan 10 2009, 01:58 AM

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 10 2009, 02:13 AM
QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 9 2009, 07:57 PM) *
You mean one uploads thread for all 10 mentorees together or 10 seperate ones smile.gif ? The latter may be ok, the first increases the clutter I guess tongue.gif

Yes Roger, an "uploads only" thread for each team. Like a collab, discussion thread and upload thread...Just a thought.

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 10 2009, 04:35 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Jan 10 2009, 03:13 AM) *
Yes Roger, an "uploads only" thread for each team. Like a collab, discussion thread and upload thread...Just a thought.

Well I surely stick with the major vote here about that subject, but I dont think we need multiple threads, as we are only 2 people posting to each other, and generally one doesnt reply unless other one has something to say so this format is kinda ok for me...

smile.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
big harry
Jan 12 2009, 12:57 PM
Learning Roadie - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (jer @ Jan 9 2009, 05:37 PM) *
I had a question as well.

When this trial thing is up. Assuming it goes well and the mentor is continuing in his role, he'll have more students assigned to him correct?

Will we be staying with the mentor we have now? (assuming we want to)

i would have asked the same question

What happens after this month ?

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 12 2009, 01:29 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Ok sorry a bit late on answering some of the questions.

on the subject of a different thread to put your mentorees takes in then yes, I think that would be a good idea, keeps things a little less cluttered and makes it easier for both parties to keep track of whats going on.

As was also mentioned I think the practice agenda is well suited for this purpose and when we get going full swing that is where the mentoring will be best placed, but purely for this competition stage we wanted to do it openly on the forum smile.gif

There will be 5 mentors picked to be mentored by Muris, after a short initial period then more mentorees will be assigned to them so the structure will be

Muris - 5 inters - 5 beginner mentorees assigned to each Intermediate

I see no reason (provided both parties agree) why the current assigned mentoree cant stay with the the current mentor, obviously there will be 5 beginner mentorees that will be "homeless" when the competition phase ends and they will be assigned new placements smile.gif

hope that made sense smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Jan 12 2009, 01:30 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 13 2009, 04:13 PM
Well I surely stick with the major vote here about that subject, but I dont think we need multiple threads, as we are only 2 people posting to each other, and generally one doesnt reply unless other one has something to say so this format is kinda ok for me...

I wouldnt want to be carrying on a conversation in one thread, but then have to go elsewhere (upload thread) to watch/upload the video. To me that will become cumbersome. These practice videos are just fine in each mentoree's single thread in my opinion. I think there is some value to it all being linear and in one spot.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:03 PM