21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Your Favourite Football Team
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 02:20 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
With Reading's away form Boro should walk away with three points...

Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 20 2008, 02:45 PM
Instructor
I used to be a great fan of Juventus but after all those court stuff,dunno...
I'm very pleased to watch Arsenal,not a fan but I do like the style,short quick passes etc. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 02:48 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 20 2008, 01:20 PM) *
With Reading's away form Boro should walk away with three points...

Cheers,
Tony

Are you originally from UK or not? How did you get into our football league here if not? Most people outside UK tend to like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Goliath
Feb 20 2008, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Feb 19 2008, 11:51 PM) *
laugh.gif that's the truth spoken right there!!! I love to watch soccer but I can't stand all the acting, I've got no respect left over for those acting monkeys. Crybabies.
While a rygby player can get hit real hard and just shrugs it off. If he lay down, he's hurt for real.

So from that aspect, soccer has some primadonnas but also fair players, let's call them men, while in rygby there's only one hundered percent men.

And sorry Goliath, I know you're playing american football, rygby or something and I wasn't implying you're a man or labeling you a man in any way. Certainly not in a primadona sort of way, if you get what I mean wink.gif

(that wink was to mark a joke, not a soccer primadona kind of flirt) wink.gif

(that one too) cool.gif

ph34r.gif

No worries, I play rugby union. When I said Eagles I meant US Eagles, since our "Super League" gets less coverage than soccer and there isn't a super league team in the area of the US I live in. I played soccer for 14 years but when I finally did start playing rugby it was incredible and I've played it now for almost 5 years.

After watching this last world cup and wanting to climb through the screen and kick each player that was challenged on a 50/50 ball then rolled around and grabbed their ankle because he didn't come away with it, the transition was pretty much complete.

This past rugby world cup they showed about half of pool play and all of bracket play in tape delay, so I watched every single match that was on TV. Only problem is now that we're into 6 nations and the only places that show it charge a $20 cover and it's at 9AM or 11AM on saturdays. Of the 6 nations, I'll take England. Tri Nations, flip a coin, all of those pacific rim teams are a ball to watch. Ultimately, my squad, the Atlanta Renegades RFC would be my favorite.

American football pretty much bores me to no end unless I'm there live. Phenomenal athletes, but it's a bunch of "hurry up and wait". You watch one minute of play and you've watched MAYBE 15 seconds off the total game clock, whereas with the other football/soccer and rugby, a minute of the clock is probably 50 seconds off the actual game clock (stoppage/injury time).

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 20 2008, 02:54 PM
Man I so want Borough to go down. Gareth Southgate is an idiot.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 03:00 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 20 2008, 01:54 PM) *
Man I so want Borough to go down. Gareth Southgate is an idiot.

I'm highly offended by this. One because it's spelt Brough, 2 because Gareth Southgate has brought in some awesome players and he is doing well for us and Gibson is happy with him and the fans are and we are way too good to go down. We're in 12th and doing well. Leave us alone tongue.gif

Why the hatred for Middlesbrough? sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 20 2008, 03:48 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 20 2008, 02:48 PM) *
Are you originally from UK or not? How did you get into our football league here if not? Most people outside UK tend to like Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool.

I was born in the middle east, with an Irish father/Chinese mother, and have lived in lots of different countries but went to school and university in UK and worked there most of my adult life. I spent a lot of my childhood in L'pool, did my first degree there and have a lot of paternal cousins and uncles and aunts there still majority of whom are Everton smile.gif . So as far back as I can remember I've been a Toffee. Left the Pool years ago for work and subsequently moved to Spain a few years ago.

Yes I know what you mean about where the fan base are located though. Liverpool University survey a few years ago demonstrated the same - majority of L'pool supports Everton and majority of Everton fans are from Liverpool. The same is not true of LFC (or the so called 'big three') rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 20 2008, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Feb 18 2008, 09:03 PM) *
mmm well, I like football, but I don't like the busines world that exists under this sport. I don't believe in any teams, so I don't have a favourite team... sorry tongue.gif

QUOTE (Muris @ Feb 20 2008, 02:45 PM) *
I used to be a great fan of Juventus but after all those court stuff,dunno...

Well, these posts representing very well my point of view.

I love rugby...

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 03:52 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 20 2008, 02:48 PM) *
I was born in the middle east, with an Irish father/Chinese mother, and have lived in lots of different countries but went to school and university in UK and worked there most of my adult life. I spent a lot of my childhood in L'pool, did my first degree there and have a lot of paternal cousins and uncles and aunts there still majority of whom are Everton smile.gif . So as far back as I can remember I've been a Toffee. Left the Pool years ago for work and subsequently moved to Spain a few years ago.

Yes I know what you mean about where the fan base are located though. Liverpool University survey a few years ago demonstrated the same - majority of L'pool supports Everton and majority of Everton fans are from Liverpool. The same is not true of LFC (or the so called 'big three') rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Nice background. smile.gif Like moving around biggrin.gif I'd move around more but I'm quite settled in Nottingham at the minute after moving here 2 years ago.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 20 2008, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 20 2008, 02:00 PM) *
I'm highly offended by this. One because it's spelt Brough, 2 because Gareth Southgate has brought in some awesome players and he is doing well for us and Gibson is happy with him and the fans are and we are way too good to go down. We're in 12th and doing well. Leave us alone tongue.gif

Why the hatred for Middlesbrough? sad.gif

Because you've played in some of the most boring games this season. You've won a fair few games that you didn't deserve to. And Gareth Southgate looks like a horse, and always goes on about team spirit, and staying together, which is very very annoying.

and also because I want Wigan to stay up because Titus Bramble is absolutely hilarious. I want Reading to stay up because I live there and want to watch premiership football.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 20 2008, 04:23 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 20 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Because you've played in some of the most boring games this season. You've won a fair few games that you didn't deserve to. And Gareth Southgate looks like a horse, and always goes on about team spirit, and staying together, which is very very annoying.

and also because I want Wigan to stay up because Titus Bramble is absolutely hilarious. I want Reading to stay up because I live there and want to watch premiership football.

I think we've deserved all the wins we've had as we've played well in the games we've won. I doubt we'll go down in this season or in the next ones to come as we are so much better than the teams below and we've proved it by beating them smile.gif We beat Arsenal and deserved to beat them. And we're gonna beat Reading in just over a weeks time tongue.gif Gareth is ace and has brought lots to the club. I'm a very happy content Boro fan and we are going up the table nicely. I don't think we are anywhere near as boring as Derby, Fulham, Wigan etc. Most boring game of the season was Chelsea/Liverpool.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 20 2008, 06:47 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 20 2008, 03:23 PM) *
I think we've deserved all the wins we've had as we've played well in the games we've won. I doubt we'll go down in this season or in the next ones to come as we are so much better than the teams below and we've proved it by beating them smile.gif We beat Arsenal and deserved to beat them. And we're gonna beat Reading in just over a weeks time tongue.gif Gareth is ace and has brought lots to the club. I'm a very happy content Boro fan and we are going up the table nicely. I don't think we are anywhere near as boring as Derby, Fulham, Wigan etc. Most boring game of the season was Chelsea/Liverpool.

Yeah I don't think you'll go down either, but meh. Yeah the Liverpool/Chelsea game was dire. Mind you, most Chelsea games are. I laugh loudly at every point Liverpool and Newcastle drop as well as I want them all to fail. Especially after Keegan said that Newcastle would finish in the top six. laugh.gif

Also it looks like Avram Grant has received anti-Semitic death threats, which is a real shame.

+Quote Post
stratman33
Feb 20 2008, 07:17 PM
Disregard this post i thought it was american football wink.gif

This post has been edited by stratman33: Feb 20 2008, 07:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 21 2008, 10:58 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Feb 20 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Yeah I don't think you'll go down either, but meh. Yeah the Liverpool/Chelsea game was dire. Mind you, most Chelsea games are. I laugh loudly at every point Liverpool and Newcastle drop as well as I want them all to fail. Especially after Keegan said that Newcastle would finish in the top six. laugh.gif

Also it looks like Avram Grant has received anti-Semitic death threats, which is a real shame.

Yeah. I think people are annoyed that Avram is succeeding at Chelsea. Still in 3 Cups and not fully out of the league yet. Looking forward to a good weekend of football here smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 23 2008, 11:05 PM
Good load of goals today in the premiership.

Savage challenge on Eduardo though. I advise the squeamish not to look:

http://bleh.ws/~sg/eduardo_1.jpg

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 23 2008, 11:11 PM
Another one here, with the bone hanging out:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9052/26...rbarclayza6.jpg

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 23 2008, 11:16 PM
Awful challenge. We played really well today. Unfortunately players like Torres can't be stopped when they were on form. At least we gave them a game. Wasn't a game we were expecting anything from. How useless are Newcastle biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Feb 23 2008, 11:22 PM
Instructor
liverpool

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 23 2008, 11:27 PM
I actually think Taylor should be banned for the same length of time it takes Eduardo to return to football.

Wenger said "Taylor should never play again"

It's sickening. Absolutely sickening.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Feb 24 2008, 12:51 AM
To be fair Wenger was over reacting. He retracted his statement earlier. Taylor didn't fly in, it was from a standing start. Horrific challenge yes, but at the same time it was more clumsy that malicious.

Newcastle were hilarious. Rooney's second was an absolute peach.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:37 PM