Not Around For A Day
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 30 2007, 12:57 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Guys,

I won't be on the boards for a day or so so no bad behavior!

Where will I be? Atlantic City to see

Steve Vai !!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 30 2007, 01:09 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 30 2007, 12:57 AM) *
Guys,

Steve Vai !!!

slacker!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 30 2007, 02:18 AM
GMC Founder
Thank god I can finally be my unbearable self for one day!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

No seriously I would like to see him as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 30 2007, 02:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 29 2007, 07:18 PM) *
Thank god I can finally be my unbearable self for one day!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 30 2007, 03:06 AM
Learning Roadie
Get him to come to GMC like Rusty wink.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 30 2007, 04:01 AM
The Dark Canuck
Have a great time Andrew....and don't gamble too much wink.gif

You'll have to do a concert review when your back so we can get the low down on how much Vai rocked!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 30 2007, 04:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
yeah that would really B.A !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
GroovinMastiff
Sep 30 2007, 04:14 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 29 2007, 08:57 PM) *
Guys,

Steve Vai !!!

Have a great time Andrew! I saw him just last week in Toronto, it was an amazing treat for the senses. I got to meet him too, he's a really cool, laid back guy.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the show cool.gif

--------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 30 2007, 04:37 AM
Instructor
Have a great time at the show Andrew and take few pictures if you can!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 30 2007, 05:03 AM
Enjoy Steve. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Sep 30 2007, 05:31 AM
Classical Instructor
Oh, I just noticed you are my neighbour. (in terms of this global GMC community)

I live in New York, and spend weekends in Baltimore, Maryland.

Enjoy the show!

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 30 2007, 07:29 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Enjoy the gig Andrew - hope you have a great time.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 30 2007, 07:58 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Have fun! Surely that will be a great show. smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 30 2007, 08:59 AM
dont forget to bring pics and a concert review! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 1 2007, 07:24 AM
Moderation Policy Director
It was awesome smile.gif

No pics I'm afraid, there was a big sign prohibiting photography, but I later found out that most people ignored it so I could have got some pics dry.gif

Anyway, it was my first time seeing Steve life, and the Borgata Music Box is a pretty small venue so it felt very immediate and Steve is great with the audience, feels very intimate. We were 5 rows back, about 20 feet from him, and he and his band were having a great time.

The newer stuff was interesting, at times with 2 violins verging on a Celtic feel, and some 4 part lead harmonies were pretty amazing. All the old SV magic was there, but I particularly noticed he was a lot more playful on the guitar than most of the (10 year old) videos you see on You Tube - I guess he has to keep it fresh for himself. He played my 3 favourites, Tender Surrender, Whispering a Prayer, and For the Love of God - that was the encore. And this part I really liked - after he finished playing, instead of just running off stage, he thanked everyone for coming and by the end of it you felt like he was your personal friend - a really nice guy. Then he shook hands with people at the stage and so did the rest of the band. The show was around 3 hours, amazing value as the tickets were only $35 - my wife isn't particularly a SV fan, but she also loved it not least because he was so entertaining.

If you ever get a chance, go see him!

@Kosei - glad to hear we are neigbours smile.gif

Regards,

Andrew

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 1 2007, 09:31 AM
The Dark Canuck
Sounds like you had a blast and that the show was great. It's always good when they play the songs you want to hear smile.gif

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Oct 1 2007, 09:40 AM
I wanted to see him on this tour so bad... sad.gif
But I'm glad someone got to enjoy it, even if it wasn't me! Can't wait until the day that I can see him and/or Satch live...

This post has been edited by Zephyr: Oct 1 2007, 09:41 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:51 AM