> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Doug's Blues Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2021, 06:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Doug! Welcome to your thread for Gab's Army!

Previous knowledge: Basic chords and concepts.
Next goals: Strumming + Learning licks.
Favorite style: Blues.

Please tell me a bit more about yourself, your influences and if possible share a video playing the guitar.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2021, 11:39 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dougj3
Nov 12 2021, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
Hi Gab, thanks for the video. I think I am really going to like this format. I’m a 63 year old man with arthritis in my hands and fingers. About 25 years ago I learned a few chords and dabbled with guitar. Never got anywhere. Then two years ago I gave it another try. Arthritis and all. I can play a few three fingered chords but the ones that are difficult I play with two chords. Some people would call them cheater chords. At this time in my life I don’t care if they are cheater chords. I’m not out for perfection I just want to play. As a result in the past this held me back. I just want to play and there are many different ways to play. My hands and fingers have loosened up the past months as I continue to play more.

Also in the past it was so confusing. Do I start with an acoustic or electric? Do I strum or do I fingerpick. Do I play with a pick or without? What style do I choose?
So many things that just add to the confusion.

I really want to learn the blues. Love it. I pretty much like any genre of music. I’m currently listening to Rory Block, Santana, SRV, Eric Johnson etc. Hope this helps. I’ll
Work on a video for you. I am playing on an electric guitar. I love the sound of an acoustic but the size of the electric works much better for my arthritis and body size.

Doug Johnson

Doug Johnson

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2021, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Doug! Thanks for the post. I think that you are at the right place. smile.gif

QUOTE (dougj3 @ Nov 11 2021, 09:15 PM) *
Also in the past it was so confusing. Do I start with an acoustic or electric? Do I strum or do I fingerpick. Do I play with a pick or without? What style do I choose?
So many things that just add to the confusion.

There is no one correct way to start. You can chose the one that is most natural for you. The decision can be based on your influences or on whatever is easiest for you.

QUOTE (dougj3 @ Nov 11 2021, 09:15 PM) *
I really want to learn the blues. Love it. I pretty much like any genre of music. I’m currently listening to Rory Block, Santana, SRV, Eric Johnson etc. Hope this helps. I’ll
Work on a video for you. I am playing on an electric guitar. I love the sound of an acoustic but the size of the electric works much better for my arthritis and body size.

Cool! I'll wait for your video.

Thanks and welcome!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dougj3
Nov 12 2021, 03:37 PM
Hi Gab, I need some help on how to post my video. Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2021, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dougj3 @ Nov 12 2021, 11:37 AM) *
Hi Gab, I need some help on how to post my video. Thanks

Ok, have you recorded your video? Do you have a youtube account?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dougj3
Nov 12 2021, 08:57 PM
I haven’t recorded my video yet. I do have a YouTube account.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2021, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Ok, please check out this video about recording videos and let me know if it gives you some ideas.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dougj3
Nov 14 2021, 04:41 PM
I know how to make a video on my phone, I just need to know how to download it to the site so you can see it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2021, 02:47 AM
Instructor
Hi Doug!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 15 2021, 02:50 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dougj3
Nov 19 2021, 07:45 PM
[attachment=53048:trim.A99...10B9D4AE.MOV]

Here is my video.

Doug Johnson

Attached File  trim.E6344486_0095_4E85_95B3_A60F84502C88.MOV ( 61.14MB ) Number of downloads: 88

Attached File  trim.842B83DC_0A5B_402C_92E7_3CD14A866202.MOV ( 61.14MB ) Number of downloads: 65

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2021, 10:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Doug! Thanks for the video!!

The audio and video quality is perfect for this purpose. I can see that you have a good sense of rhythm and that you already can make all those chords sound good.

I'd like to see you getting used to the pick so we can get into some blues rhythms and riffs.

Please check out this lesson to learn the best way to hold a pick:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Using-a-Guitar-Pick/

And then, start working on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Acoust...low-Blues-in-E/

You can learn the first 2 parts, and record a video at your comfortable tempo so I can check how it's going.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
dougj3
Nov 19 2021, 10:47 PM
Sounds good. Thank you

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2021, 11:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dougj3 @ Nov 19 2021, 06:47 PM) *
Sounds good. Thank you

Cool!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:45 AM