8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Pod Xt/x3 Q&a, Come here to ask about your POD XT/X3 related queries
Azzaboi
Oct 29 2010, 01:02 AM
GMC:er
Pod XT Setup

I thought I'll ask first before blowing something up by experimenting!

I have:
Les Paul Gibson Standard DC '98 - with Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom in the bridge and an Sh-1 59 in the neck
Laney Hardcore Max - HCM65R AMP
Pod XT

I original just used my Pod XT directly into the input of the AMP:
Guitar > Pod Input
Pod Left Output > AMP Input

This sounds alright, but I feel something's missing or been washed over. I just purchased the model packs for the Pod XT, those make a good difference in a lot of the tones specially the metal ones! However still something missing (maybe my ear's just getting really fussy)...

Second Setup:
Guitar > Pod Input
Pod Left Output > AMP FX Return

Loud! Hardcore sounding, had to turn it down and I play on very low volume to start off with. This was getting to the sound I wanted. So also tried...

Third Setup:
Guitar > AMP Input
AMP FX Send > Pod Input
Pod Left Output > AMP FX Return

This is the smartest way I guess to get the most out of the guitar tone right? Still loud and hardcore.

Fourth Setup:
Guitar > Pod Input
Pod Left Output > AMP Input
Pod Right Output > AMP FX Return

Insane! Double the beef, with the fear of noise control! Is this overkill or would it be safe at very low volumes? I'm also wondering if effects will overlap and become mucky with the duel input?

So now I'm wondering which is the best setup to use? I'm guessing FX loop?
I have the Pod XT for 'What are you connecting to?' on 'Studio Direct' will this be the same or changed?

EDIT:
You can call me dumb, I think I've worked out what was driving me nuts with the tone. Just changing the Pod's from the AMP's input to the FX feedback return make's the biggest difference. My Laney AMP adds a new layer of crunch (sounds cool but reduces the overall effect from the Pod), with the FX return it bypasses that getting the actual tone it should be louder and not washed over.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Oct 29 2010, 01:43 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 25 2011, 01:44 AM
Learning Roadie
How do I unzip the .RAR files properly? Thanks.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 25 2011, 08:17 PM
GMC:er
Hey Brandon, use WinRAR:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:55 AM