15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
How Have You Improved In The Last Week?
Juan M. Valero
Oct 30 2007, 05:45 PM
Instructor
I am working in my equipment so I improve my live sound biggrin.gif
I try to upload a video with my bestial equipment !!!! hehehee, I'm sooo happy !!!!!!
I spend lot of hours (I think I spend a month !!!!) but when I take my guitar and I play only a chord the sounds is really fantastic (just the sound that I want !!!)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 30 2007, 06:17 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Lester @ Oct 30 2007, 04:40 PM) *
i have finished learning the minor pentatonic scale, with the help of David Wallimans lesson and Andrews theory board, and im still trying to make nice improvisations with a metronome. after three years i start using a metronome so my timing is not that good but i am improving.
And thanks to Kris's metronome lesson i can now play 16th notes at a speed of 69 Bpm with a clean sound without missing or hitting a string half. thanks to Kris's metronome lesson

Good work Lester, keep it up wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 31 2007, 05:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks, I am going to try the major pentatonic and the major scale now too.
For more variety in playing solos. I have even a scheme for a minor pentatonic scale with all possible notes in between that sound good.
Im searching for it now so maybe I can post it somewhere these days.

This post has been edited by Lester: Oct 31 2007, 05:02 AM

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 11 2007, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
I started learning how to sweep, making good progress after watching Pavel's basics video.

Muting is now much better than it was, less noise from my guitar, my pinched harmonics are all the more consistant - I could do them easily already but I was having trouble combining them with the fist holding guitar pick technique.

Also learnt Fabians lesson fairly rapidly, I'm going to move on to something more challenging tapping wise fairly soon.

All in all a good week for me, my playing is developing at a good rate I feel and I'm trying to take ideas from all the stuff I learn and combining them into my playing. smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 19 2007, 01:05 PM
This week was of great improvement:
  • Learned the C Harmonic Minor Scale
  • Learned the Harmonic Minor Lesson by Walliman
  • Learned to Sight Read all the Open Strings thanks to Vinod
  • Learned all the note names in the fretboard for the High E string (1)
  • Speedpicking is getting faster and more fluid.
  • Sweeping is getting more cleaner and fluid as well.
  • Tapping is more clean, fast, and more dynamic.
looking forward to more Improvement!!!!!! wink.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Nov 19 2007, 01:06 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 21 2007, 12:24 PM
Instructor
I improved my sight reading a lot last week. I am using some books, and finaly able to read all the notes. Off course, speed of sight reading will come with time but it is very usefull ability. It makes me one step closer of being a wel rounded musician.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Nov 21 2007, 12:36 PM
Acoustic Instructor
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Nov 19 2007, 06:05 PM) *
This week was of great improvement:
  • Learned the C Harmonic Minor Scale
  • Learned the Harmonic Minor Lesson by Walliman
  • Learned to Sight Read all the Open Strings thanks to Vinod
  • Learned all the note names in the fretboard for the High E string (1)
  • Speedpicking is getting faster and more fluid.
  • Sweeping is getting more cleaner and fluid as well.
  • Tapping is more clean, fast, and more dynamic.
looking forward to more Improvement!!!!!! wink.gif smile.gif

you are welcome FretDancer69. smile.gif

& WELL DONE.hope you will continue with the sight reading course future.But remember If you don't revise your drills you will be lacking your sight reading ability.Wish you a nice week with more improvements in all aspects smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Nov 21 2007, 01:06 PM
My playing has improved a lot, thanks to Kris' pentatonic lessons, my speed has increased a bit and my legato is improving, and also thanks to Lavendell' Neoclassical lesson I now know what is sweep picking and that I am able to do that. smile.gif

I also continued learning the scales. I now know Minor pentatonic and the blues scale and the recently learned Major pentatonic scale ( In all boxes of course smile.gif )

I'm so excited about my improvement, and can't wait to learn more stuff biggrin.gif

CYA

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 21 2007, 10:40 PM
I just broke out the Pentatonic Minor boxes so I can more easily construct stuff all over the fretboard instead of in one place all the time!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 21 2007, 10:43 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 21 2007, 11:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Finally using a metronome to practice, thanks to mattacuk wink.gif

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 23 2007, 02:40 AM
Getting Muris' Pent Sub lesson to an 85, Was a 65 this time last week.

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 29 2007, 03:37 PM
Lets go fishing!
Everything seems to be really comeing together for my the past few weeks. Im shredding 16th note triplets clean at 100bpm, 5 & 3 string sweep arpeggios are starting to sound really clean and speedy at 100bpm ! biggrin.gif

My overall skill level feels like its comeing up to the next stage smile.gif

QUOTE (chast @ Nov 21 2007, 10:04 PM) *
Finally using a metronome to practice, thanks to mattacuk wink.gif

GOOD WORK! I think you will progress well Max smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Gerald
Nov 30 2007, 02:45 PM
In the past week I have really enjoyed playing guitar. Having played before, it's nice to return to something that I use to enjoy.

In the past week I have been progressing well on alternate picking. My right hand is starting to do that on auto pilot and the dexterity in my right hand is also improving. I notice this when I do chromatic scale warm ups and scale practice.

I'm also doing well on learning the pentatonic scale. I'm starting to remember the root notes and I can play 4 out of the 5 boxes from memory. Still need to work on mastering these boxes and the root notes.

I have also started to play one string scales after reading about this on GMC. I'm starting with the E major scale on the high E.

Things I need to work on is getting a metronome! I've just been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get to guitar center. I'm going to return an effects pedal and pick up a metronome and a small amp so I don't have to play through my roommates computer/keyboard setup.

Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have practiced with a metronome to work on my timing and progressed on Pavel's heavy metal for beginners and Kris's beginner licks!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 3 2007, 02:01 AM
QUOTE (Gerald @ Nov 30 2007, 08:45 AM) *
In the past week I have really enjoyed playing guitar. Having played before, it's nice to return to something that I use to enjoy.

In the past week I have been progressing well on alternate picking. My right hand is starting to do that on auto pilot and the dexterity in my right hand is also improving. I notice this when I do chromatic scale warm ups and scale practice.

I'm also doing well on learning the pentatonic scale. I'm starting to remember the root notes and I can play 4 out of the 5 boxes from memory. Still need to work on mastering these boxes and the root notes.

I have also started to play one string scales after reading about this on GMC. I'm starting with the E major scale on the high E.

Things I need to work on is getting a metronome! I've just been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get to guitar center. I'm going to return an effects pedal and pick up a metronome and a small amp so I don't have to play through my roommates computer/keyboard setup.

Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have practiced with a metronome to work on my timing and progressed on Pavel's heavy metal for beginners and Kris's beginner licks!

alternate picking is awsome!!!!! took me a while to learn it though. I was playing marcus's lessons with only up-strokes huh.gif didn't feel right.
I improved by being able to nail bends and get then to the corret pitch perfectly. the second solo from the last fight by velvet revolver helped a lot. Does anyone here listen to a lot of velvet revolver?? they are the best band ever!!!!!!!!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 3 2007, 12:00 PM
Lets go fishing!
fantastic work Gerald, keep it up! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bulletproof
Dec 7 2007, 05:24 PM
FINALLY!!!!

I finished learning Winding Roads...it was a toughy but I finished it cleaning at least 3 times in a row so I think I got it down pack. This isn't a weekly thing but I thought it was a good accomplishment and thought I would share it smile.gif

Cheers

*Proof

--------------------

IPB Image

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 8 2007, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Dec 7 2007, 10:24 AM) *
FINALLY!!!!

I finished learning Winding Roads...it was a toughy but I finished it cleaning at least 3 times in a row so I think I got it down pack. This isn't a weekly thing but I thought it was a good accomplishment and thought I would share it smile.gif

Cheers

*Proof

Winding Roads by Marcus? ohmy.gif ohmy.gif wow... congrats man, thats awesome!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ,keep it up! 8)

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 8 2007, 02:07 AM
I haven't. laugh.gif

I haven't even really played any of my guitars. I've been sick with Pneumonia justsitting around feeling like crap.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Dec 8 2007, 02:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bulletproof @ Dec 7 2007, 05:24 PM) *
FINALLY!!!!

Cheers

*Proof

That's great! Congrats! smile.gif

I'd love to hear you play it!

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:01 PM