Back To The 80s Collaboration, Instructor/students Video
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2014, 05:16 PM
Instructor
This time we offer you a unique opportunity to take part in an 80s rock collab.

The backing track is provided by none other than our own Guido - and it's a carefully arranged up tempo rock groove with a genuine 80s rock feel.

This is the perfect opportunity for you to jam with the pentatonic scale, and apply some of the new tricks and techniques you have learned at GMC.

Working with collabs give you the type of input you cannot achieve when practicing on your own - so even if you feel shy about this, you should give it a serious try. You will improve in unpredictable ways.

-------------------------------------------

BACKING TRACK: Attached File  Back_to_80s_Backing_Track.mp3 ( 1.68MB ) Number of downloads: 1244

This collab is based on Guido's 80s Rock Rhythm lesson.

Tempo : 160 BPM

Key : G minor

-------------------------------------------

Here's everything you need to know about how to enter this collaboration:

1. Download the backing track and open it in your recording software
2. Record your part in the recording software and with your video cam (if you have the possibility to record video).
You can record anything - a short fill part, rhythm based ideas, or a full lead part (solo).
3. Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz
4. Render one track containing both solo and backing track in an .mp3 format
5. Send us your video (preferably in .mp4 format)

As always, you can send us the last 3 files mentioned, using a dropbox link, or any other transfer service you are used to, by posting them in this thread or attaching them to a private message.

If you can't submit a video, you can send us only the audio files and some pictures of you - it will work out great as well!
The more pictures you send, the better will it be for editing in the final video!

When attaching/sending the collab files, please include the source file of the video as well.

Very important: IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER/ ADVANCED/ PRO/ GOD - all styles, approaches and all levels are welcome and you can even play just a short fill if you feel like it!

Bringing your contribution to this track and tribute to the GMC community is what really matters!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collab tips:

As in the previous collabs, we want this one to stand out as much as possible, because this will give your playing and progress maximum exposure. So here's what we suggest:

Making short but polished and detailed lines will always give you better results! If you focus on a short part of the backing track, then you will most likely amaze yourself and others! No explicit need to play over the full backing track length, pick any amount of bars you feel most comfortable playing over. It is always better to come up with something short but catchy or memorable!

Check out these lessons for inspiration:

80s Rock Rhythm
80s Hard Rock 2
Jake E Lee Style
80s Glam Rock
George Lynch Style
80s Hard Rock

Scales you could use:

G minor pentatonic

G blues

G Aeolian (Natural minor)

Remember - the only thing we require is that you participate and be yourself - there are no rules, and no limits!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline: 22nd of May

Participants: Cosmin Lupu, Gabriel Leopardi, Weepee, Marek Rojewsky, Sensible Jones, Wavo, SlowfingaX, SteveGuitar, Jeroen, huargo, bleez, Capasso2300, Todd Simpson, Ulrik, DeGroot, gregc1, Stevie-Ray-Vaughn, Deleted, Dizzyzack, Guido Bungenstock. mroberts70

Collaboration final mix and comments: click here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jun 11 2014, 09:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
VilleFIN
Apr 22 2014, 05:26 PM
Tone Seeker
Yeah I'm in for sure !!
smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 22 2014, 05:38 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I'm in, its been too long since my last collab!

Cosmin you forgot to add the deadline, and we know it can be an important factor! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 22 2014, 05:40 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 22 2014, 06:38 PM) *
I'm in, its been too long since my last collab!

Cosmin you forgot to add the deadline, and we know it can be an important factor! tongue.gif

Well spotted smile.gif

Deadline added - it is 1 month (22nd of May).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 22 2014, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Cool idea, guys! Really nice that I could inspire you with my lesson to do this collab. :-)
So rock on, GMC rockers! I'm really exited to see your videos! Have fun!!!

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 22 2014, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
Oh hell yeah I'm in!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
wavo
Apr 22 2014, 07:59 PM
This is awesome! smile.gif

+Quote Post
SlowFingaX
Apr 22 2014, 08:16 PM
Sounds fun to me, so I'm in!

--------------------
My Gear:

Jackson DX10D Dinky
Boss GT-10
Boss Micro BR BR-80
Korg Pandora PX4
Guitar Rig 5
Ezmix 2 + many metal packs
Reaper

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 23 2014, 06:45 AM
Instructor
Thanks for signing up for the team, gentlemen! And thanks to Bogdan for adding the deadline biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Apr 23 2014, 09:14 AM
Wow biggrin.gif I'm in ! This sounds so awesome biggrin.gif It's been so long since my last Collab biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 23 2014, 03:54 PM
Instructor
Great track so....it has to be great collab as well biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 23 2014, 04:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hell yeah, I'm in!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 23 2014, 04:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Cosmin,
You forgot the outro, mate! :-D
Maybe someone wants to solo on it too…

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 23 2014, 05:33 PM
Instructor
This backing is fantastic! I'm sure that the final video of this one will be epic. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 23 2014, 07:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 23 2014, 04:33 PM) *
This backing is fantastic! I'm sure that the final video of this one will be epic. smile.gif

Thx Gabriel! ;-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 24 2014, 08:00 AM
Instructor
SteveGuitar and Jeroen, you guys are welcome in the team! smile.gif Great track Guido! Well, it's easier when folks have to focus on one thing only, so I am sure that the students will have a great time with the track we threw in wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 24 2014, 08:13 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool sounding backing.... I'll have a go smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Apr 24 2014, 08:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 24 2014, 07:00 AM) *
Great track Guido! Well, it's easier when folks have to focus on one thing only, so I am sure that the students will have a great time with the track we threw in wink.gif

Alright then. :-)

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 24 2014, 07:10 PM
Tone Seeker
In

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2014, 12:19 PM
Instructor
Welcome bleez and huargo! Who else is in? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:34 PM