BONUS UPDATES coming soon
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 18 2006, 11:34 AM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

I have gotten a little extra time the last weeks (beard and gals have been discussed in this thread ).

However this has given me the time to prepare relevant content, backing tracks, scale charts, tabs and videos for a new beginner section at gmc.

The lessons will treat exercises, licks, keys, arpeggios and even complete beginner stuff such as powerchords, and barre chords. The aim is for them to provide some necessary background information to the more advanced gmc lessons.

This means we will have bonus updates for aprox two months starting next week. These updates will occur Thursday while the usual updates will be on Mondays.

Let me know what you think, or if you got suggestions! biggrin.gif

/Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Rvddps
Oct 18 2006, 01:37 PM
GMC:er
that sounds too good kris, i think a beginner section is great, but maybe call it basic section, becuase most people dont take nicely being called a beginner when they might have been playing for a while, but are not that good.

one question, how long are these updates going to last? a while i hope

rock on GMC!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mucismaniac
Oct 18 2006, 04:18 PM
wow sounds like music into my ears laugh.gif

but i think rvddps is right some players are playing for a while and just go slow but i can use some basic information to because i didn't practise that enough and if i cant do that specific think good i don't like to be called a beginner even if I am al little bit

keep on going with the good stuff kristof :sun

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Oct 18 2006, 04:22 PM
lol, I bet it's just going to be a bunch of M.M. videos where you've used a computer to insert a graphic of your face over Doug Marks'.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 18 2006, 06:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (InstruMental Case)
lol, I bet it's just going to be a bunch of M.M. videos where you've used a computer to insert a graphic of your face over Doug Marks'.  

laugh.gif

---------------

I have learned a lot the last years by watching different beginner material - it's just a way of describing overall content level, there will for sure be some advanced player who will dive into the material and learn too.

+Quote Post
raqroso
Oct 18 2006, 07:22 PM
I know when I go back through beginner books I see it from a different perspective now and almost always gain *something* .

Maybe that's why they say teaching is a great way to learn.

Here's an example from a Satriani "tip" I saw on t.v. It doesn't get any more basic but I think players of different levels might like it:

1. Pick a note on the b string somewhere around the 10 - 12th fret.
(he used the 'b' on the 12th fret)

2. Play the note. No vibrato or bend just sound the note.

3. Move two frets back from the note you just played (in this case the 10th fret b string) Play that note and bend it to the pitch of the first note.

Very simple. Move around and practce sounding notes on different strings up and down the neck listening to the pitch and then matching it with the bended note... I really started to notice the differences in bending different strings and being able to quickly match the pitch exactly.

+Quote Post
Liam
Oct 18 2006, 09:37 PM
Kris your a sweet man .

I was thinking to help you with this site , i wil pay you 1 million dollar too invest in your site .

>:<

Woehoee wake up kris your dreaming

I need to cut the jokes for a while :oops:

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:24 AM