Speed
beebo
Feb 22 2007, 10:15 PM
GMC:er
Hello, This is my very first time posting my speeds down. I hope You figure out what I mean biggrin.gif

E|-------------12-14-15-----|
B|12-13--15-----------------|

I play all 6 every beep at 75bpm (Is this pretty good) (Only practiced seriously for bout 1 hr)
Is it easier to count them every 3 or 6 notes with the metronome?

E|8-7-5---------------------|
B|-------8-7-5--------------|
G|--------------8-7-5-------| every 3 notes ber beep at 175 bpm (my fastest thing to pick) laugh.gif

Tell me if this is good for a beginner. Thanks rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 22 2007, 10:18 PM
are you blind? there's a metronome topic biggrin.gif
'bout the beginner skills thing all I can say is: I'm faster muahaha
i dunno how long you play

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
beebo
Feb 22 2007, 11:34 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Feb 22 2007, 01:18 PM) *
are you blind? there's a metronome topic biggrin.gif
'bout the beginner skills thing all I can say is: I'm faster muahaha
i dunno how long you play

Aww man!!! I thought I was in that topic! Wow I had a blond moment. (by the way I am a blond so don't be making any jokes mad.gif) No I'm not blind but I'm part color blind meany sad.gif laugh.gif I'm seriously part color blind though, meant to put it in the metronome section but I somehow managed to put it in here

This post has been edited by beebo: Feb 22 2007, 11:39 PM

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 23 2007, 09:05 PM
alright then tongue.gif , I was just kiddin laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Ben C
Feb 26 2007, 03:34 AM
QUOTE (beebo @ Feb 22 2007, 04:15 PM) *
Hello, This is my very first time posting my speeds down. I hope You figure out what I mean biggrin.gif
E|-------------12-14-15-----|
B|12-13--15-----------------|

I play all 6 every beep at 75bpm (Is this pretty good) (Only practiced seriously for bout 1 hr)
Is it easier to count them every 3 or 6 notes with the metronome?
E|8-7-5---------------------|
B|-------8-7-5--------------|
G|--------------8-7-5-------| every 3 notes ber beep at 175 bpm (my fastest thing to pick) laugh.gif
Tell me if this is good for a beginner. Thanks rolleyes.gif

That's not bad for a beginner. How long have you been playing?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
raqroso
Feb 26 2007, 09:21 PM
very nice...
16th note triplets at 75bpm is excellent for a beginner...

it took me months of speed-focus to
get up to 76 where I am today...

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Feb 27 2007, 05:05 AM
The best advice I can give you is make sure your playing is clean, make sure you don't skip every note, and make sure your hands are coordinated perfectly or else you'll get some noise. Although the noise may not be noticed by non-musicians, even amateurs can tell when someone's hands aren't perfectly synchronized, it will sound...a little fishy. And never be satisfied with even a tiny bit of noise always try to be clean as a...um...really...clean...thing huh.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
beebo
Feb 28 2007, 09:04 PM
BenC: I've been playing for a while but just simple things like Smoke on the water and Iron Man! You know what I mean slow songs with a little speed! But I've been actually playing seriously and practicing for I guess about 3-5 weeks! smile.gif

Also thanks for the advice (Rip Dime!) I got a new guitar and I noticed it's NOT ALWAYS the GUITARIST it's the GUITAR and I'm not saying cause it happens to me( which it does) It's just some guitars aren't the same and my old cheap guitar did a hell of a lot better than my new which ticks me off! stupid music store mad.gif But anyway thanks for the advice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 1 2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah some guitars/amps will give you alot of buzz even when all the strings are muted, I just wouldn't worry about the buzz, because that's just the gear. You should be able to tell the difference between amp/pickup buzz and ringing strings and unwanted harmonics, the former is fine, but the latter is what's gonna take some(just kidding! ALOT of) work! It's hard but it'll pay off!! biggrin.gif I've been playing for a year and it's still tough for me, so starting early at muting is great.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:37 PM