2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Quick Licks #57 Asymmetrical Strike Patterns
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2019, 10:01 AM
GMC:er
We've known each other longer than many of the gals I've dated in the past phil! We are darn near family at this point smile.gif I can get your dry English Humor and appreciate it quite a bit. smile.gif

Do give this a go when you can. Gabriel mentioned using a similar technique in another thread. It really can work wonders! It was how I finally broke my own speed barrier many years ago. Once I learned the technique it was much easier to apply.
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 3 2019, 04:36 AM) *
I'm glad you took the post in the way it was meant buddy, it was tongue in cheek and could have been took the wrong way.

By the way, it's "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" tongue.gif

I'l give it a try on a QL that I've already done I think, then I can still do new ones. I will give it a try though.

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 3 2019, 09:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've made a decision, I hope you go with it, I'm going to do the "Brain Out" technique once I've caught up with QL, then I will have one QL and on BC per week so then two or three times a week I can BainOut for 10 minutes. Might as well give it a try but I really want to get up to date with QL first.

Cheers Sarge.
Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2019, 11:12 PM
Whatever works for you Phil my man smile.gif "Brain Out" is just yet another method of trying to get the fingers to adapt to the brain. Looking foorward!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 3 2019, 04:22 PM) *
I've made a decision, I hope you go with it, I'm going to do the "Brain Out" technique once I've caught up with QL, then I will have one QL and on BC per week so then two or three times a week I can BainOut for 10 minutes. Might as well give it a try but I really want to get up to date with QL first.

Cheers Sarge.
Phil

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 3 2021, 12:30 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 4 2021, 12:46 AM
It's a tricky sequence of notes and it's got the bit where you strike the open string twice then fretted string once. The good news is that you've played several of these licks with the 2/1 picking pattern so you've got it sorted! Good mute going on as well which is important, otherwise this lick can produce wads of string noise. You've got this one. Your ready for the next!!!

You just...

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 2 2021, 07:30 PM) *

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:52 AM