Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Unleash-The-Shre...
Aug 29 2007, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
I think their new album is f'ing awesome, Kicks A**

What does everyone else think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Juan M. Valero
Aug 29 2007, 04:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Unleash-The-Shred @ Aug 29 2007, 04:23 AM) *
I think their new album is f'ing awesome, Kicks A**

What does everyone else think?

Yeeeeeah !!! I love Dream Theater !!!! hehe, great album... but It's better "Metropolis part 2: Scenes from a memory" tongue.gif (it's just my opinion)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 29 2007, 05:12 AM
Instructor
Systematic Chaos IMO is too much mathematics - not enough music!! The only song i PARTIALLY like is Dark Eternal Night - but as i said - not even the whole song!

The real DT album is Scenes From The Memory - that's real music and real Dream Theater. Other albums i like is Train Of Thought!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 29 2007, 10:18 AM
Great Album, amazing performed live,, dark eternal night is my favoroite song too..

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 29 2007, 04:59 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
it's a great album!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Aug 29 2007, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Systematic Chaos is my favourite DT album...
I don't think it's mathematical.. I love the intricate arrangements and think it's the best work the band has done so far.
Also I was extremely pleased with James vocal.
He sings in his range on this album and it works wonderfully. He's not overdoing his high range pitch and I love it.
Great album!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 30 2007, 03:16 AM
This album doesnt really sound like DT. Its a nice album dont get me wrong but its not Awake or Images and Words. They went harder on this album and I dont really see DT as a heavy oriented band.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 30 2007, 03:21 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I love this album, although "Scenes...." is still my favorite, this album is amazing!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 30 2007, 03:21 AM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 30 2007, 06:13 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Aug 30 2007, 12:23 AM) *
Systematic Chaos is my favourite DT album...

I'd like to second that. It was heavy, which I appreciate with DT. And I'd say 1% pof my positivism comes from relief of it being such a good album, I was quite scared it would not live up to my expectations.

+Quote Post
Pentatonic Gathe...
Aug 30 2007, 07:04 AM
DT is my favorite band, full stop.
The Album is great, I dont get repentance, I understand that its part of Mike´s writting but I dont really get it. The rest is freaking awesome...
No matter how good any album may be, no one will compare to Scenes From A Memory because of the state of the band at that moment. Cant wait for the DVD...

--------------------
-Gabriel De Rose

Guitars:
(This one is my dad´s but I play it just as much, just love it) -Gibson Les Paul 1957 Custom Delux Sun Burst (Beautifull!!!!!!)
-Fender Stratocaster 1964 Anniversary (Exactly like my display picture)
-Ibanez Acoustic Nylon Strings (This thing is older thank I am and has such a mature sound, its amazing)

My Amp & Pedal Board
-Fender 65R Frontman & Boss GT-8

Thats all folks!

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Sep 1 2007, 09:26 AM
Dream Theater is awesome and the latest album is no exception, I'm seeing them here in Stockholm on september 28th, sooooo looking forward to it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 19 2007, 08:23 AM
I was disappointed with Dream Theater's new album. The only song I like out of it was Dark Eternal Night especially the solo part of it. My favorite album by them is Train of Thought.

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:49 AM