4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Update
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2010, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Just wanted to inform you about some new purchases that I've made.

First thing I bought is Tremol -No and I'll install it in my custom as soon as I receive it,
so far the FR on my custom is dive-only and we'll have to dig regular cavity for FR,
drilling, here I come.wink.gif

And finally, I got myself kind a present for new 2010, a AxeFX Ultra from Fractal Audio. wub.gif
Perhaps some of you have heard about it, it is a fully digital unit, works like some kind of computer
optimized for guitar sounds, studio or live usage, doesn't matter.
Uber cool thing about it is that guys from Fractal are making new firmwares quite often
and basicly you get better and better unit every time you install new firmware.
They also expand list of amps and cabs with new firmwares,
not to mention that cabinets section work with IRs so you can use custom impulses etc,
zillion of options indeed.
To be honest, I NEVER thought that digital would EVER make this possible,
this sound, dynamic, response etc, the unit is totally mind blowing and I can't wait to put my hands on it,
it shall be here in a week or som. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jan 2 2010, 04:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow, can't wait to hear some playing on the AxeFX. That is some amazing gear, everyone seem to use it in studio now smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jan 2 2010, 04:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
Marcus Siepen has it and is already recording lessons with it. He was blown away by it too!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
wrk
Jan 6 2010, 11:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wao, that is indeed some nice gear ... congratulations !!!
With your versatility to switch between different styles, i'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it and will make perfect use of the AxeFx.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 6 2010, 12:36 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
You are a lucky man! biggrin.gif
I want an Axe-FX too!!!!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 6 2010, 09:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jan 6 2010, 12:36 PM) *
You are a lucky man! biggrin.gif
I want an Axe-FX too!!!!

Not lucky, poorer!!! laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 6 2010, 09:36 PM
Instructor
I'm browsing their website. It looks a very interesting processor. Can't wait to listen some new lesson from you, man smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 6 2010, 10:01 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 6 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Luckier AND poorer, I will say.... smile.gif But I will never trust a digital device, not since my digital controlled toothbrush went up in my nose... laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jan 6 2010, 10:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 6 2010, 03:01 PM) *
Luckier AND poorer, I will say.... smile.gif But I will never trust a digital device, not since my digital controlled toothbrush went up in my nose... laugh.gif

//Staffay

How appropriate that the results from both digital toothbrush and digital sound equipment both fall prey to ...

USER ERROR

But that's okay, blame the device a little more wink.gif

For some folks passing through confused about AxeFX, here's Ketil Strand with a decent idea for demoing that's been posted to GMC a couple months ago:

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 6 2010, 10:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jan 6 2010, 10:17 PM) *
How appropriate that the results from both digital toothbrush and digital sound equipment both fall prey to ...

USER ERROR

But that's okay, blame the device a little more wink.gif

For some folks passing through confused about AxeFX, here's Ketil Strand with a decent idea for demoing that's been posted to GMC a couple months ago:

Yeah, I know, its probably "USER ERROR" in my case.... biggrin.gif I've seen the vid before, it just sounds amazing, but I recently tested the Eleven rack from Digidesign and that one disappointed me a little.... even that it has raging reviews.....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jan 6 2010, 10:39 PM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 6 2010, 03:28 PM) *
that one disappointed me a little.... even that it has raging reviews.....

Hmm... device bad despite other people's reviews ...or user error again? smile.gif

I haven't tried this brand personally so I can't get too far into the discussion, but I do feel compelled to point out the trap of blaming devices instead of ourselves.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2010, 01:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 6 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Yeah, I know, its probably "USER ERROR" in my case.... biggrin.gif I've seen the vid before, it just sounds amazing, but I recently tested the Eleven rack from Digidesign and that one disappointed me a little.... even that it has raging reviews.....

//Staffay

Oh yeah, I did lot of research around, specially about Eleven vs. AxeFX.
And guess what, AxeFx is the winner in every single category. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jan 7 2010, 04:10 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Great.. Does that mean you are ditching both Triaxis and G-Force now ? I just bought them.. sad.gif hehe.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 7 2010, 04:44 AM
Learning Roadie
Congrats on the new gear. I have checked into the AxeFx, not seriously since I still have a long way to go until I can justify that kind of purchase, and it seems like an awesome piece of equipment.

I recently brought home a floor pod plus from line 6 to try out which I can take back in days 30 if I want and I probably will. I find I am waisting too much time futzing around with it instead of doing what I should be doing, practicing. It does make my little 15 watt fender amp sound awesome but does not do all the things I want to eventually be able to do.
Anyway, have fun with the new stuff.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jan 7 2010, 07:56 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 6 2010, 09:21 PM) *

Haha, I can imagine biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 7 2010, 08:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 7 2010, 01:40 AM) *
Oh yeah, I did lot of research around, specially about Eleven vs. AxeFX.
And guess what, AxeFx is the winner in every single category. wink.gif

Yeah, I surely think it's an incredible piece of gear, I would love to try it, but the local dealers around here had never heard about it.... sad.gif So I guess I have to wait til some other people also tells them what to get in stock... biggrin.gif I definitely think that You made a wise decision here!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2010, 05:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 7 2010, 08:11 AM) *
Yeah, I surely think it's an incredible piece of gear, I would love to try it, but the local dealers around here had never heard about it.... sad.gif So I guess I have to wait til some other people also tells them what to get in stock... biggrin.gif I definitely think that You made a wise decision here!

//Staffay

Indeed, there is one tiny problem when it comes to Fractal and AxeFx,
you can't find it in stores in Europe, only through EU distributor which is G66 in Germany.
Situation in US is little bit better tho, Tone Merchants has it but no one else. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jan 7 2010, 06:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 7 2010, 05:34 PM) *
Indeed, there is one tiny problem when it comes to Fractal and AxeFx,
you can't find it in stores in Europe, only through EU distributor which is G66 in Germany.
Situation in US is little bit better tho, Tone Merchants has it but no one else. smile.gif

It's a pretty pricey piece of equipment to buy without trying. Although......if Muris and Marco Sfogli think it rocks then that is a pretty good endorsement....... smile.gif

Congrats on your new gear Muris. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2010, 06:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jan 7 2010, 06:29 PM) *
It's a pretty pricey piece of equipment to buy without trying. Although......if Muris and Marco Sfogli think it rocks then that is a pretty good endorsement....... smile.gif

Congrats on your new gear Muris. smile.gif

I still can't say 100% for sure that it rocks but I truly hope it does,
at least from what I have heard so far, thanks. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 7 2010, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 7 2010, 05:31 PM) *
I still can't say 100% for sure that it rocks but I truly hope it does,
at least from what I have heard so far, thanks. smile.gif

It will surely ROCK as soon as you plug yourself into it Muris!!! tongue.gif
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Congrats!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:30 AM