4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
70's Revival Collab!, Let's rock!
Gabriel Leopardi
May 4 2019, 06:06 AM
Instructor
Hello guys! Welcome to our new collaboration!!

This one is based on my lesson in the style of Rival Sons.

Backing Track: Attached File  70s_Revival_Collab.mp3 ( 3.76MB ) Number of downloads: 6779

You can learn the backing track guitars here: LINK.

Tempo: 94 bpm

Suggested scales: D Pentatonic Minor, D Minor Aeolian.

Feel free to record over any of these parts or over the full track, everything you want to play! The more material we have the more elements I have to work on the final mix.

DEADLINE: May 18th (15 days)

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS ONE?

FINAL VIDEO!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 28 2019, 04:38 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 4 2019, 08:08 AM
GMC:er
Let me be the first one to throw my hat in the ring! Very cool backing!!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 4 2019, 01:06 AM) *
Hello guys! Welcome to our new collaboration!!

This one is based on my lesson in the style of Rival Sons.

Backing Track: Attached File  70s_Revival_Collab.mp3 ( 3.76MB ) Number of downloads: 6779

You can learn the backing track guitars here: LINK.

Tempo: 94 bpm

Suggested scales: D Pentatonic Minor, D Minor Aeolian.

Feel free to record over any of these parts or over the full track, everything you want to play! The more material we have the more elements I have to work on the final mix.

DEADLINE: May 18th (15 days)

If you are new to collabs please check out this: LINK

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BE PART OF THIS ONE?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Adam
May 4 2019, 10:46 AM
Learning Roadie
I can't listen to the backing track at work because the transfer here is horrible. So I'm singing up for a blind date! smile.gif

Edit: I came back home and listened to the track. I love the specific tone of the guitar in it.

I'm adding it to my daily practice until the deadline and maybe I'll come up with something real nice! Once I'm familiar with D Minor scale I'll start applying vibrato and bending for some extra practice.

This post has been edited by Adam M: May 4 2019, 05:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 4 2019, 11:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is right up my alley, such a killer backing! I have too many ideas will try to get a take in on time smile.gif

Ok, I recorded a couple parts for the intro/outro. Gonna keep jamming on it, but if you can use these I'll post all the files.

This post has been edited by yoncopin: May 5 2019, 02:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
May 6 2019, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I really liked this backing track. I had some time yesterday to listen to it and came up with a little idea. First of all, I play some bendings and after the minute 0:15 I have an incomplete idea. I was thinking of creating a little harmony by playing the riff 1 octave up and then 2 octaves up, but I still want to add some notes notes in the middle. Please let me know what do you think about it. Probably tonight I could work on polishing this idea and will post an update.

Thanks!

Angel.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 6 2019, 08:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 4 2019, 04:08 AM) *
Let me be the first one to throw my hat in the ring! Very cool backing!!!!!!

Todd

Welcome master!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Adam M @ May 4 2019, 06:46 AM) *
I can't listen to the backing track at work because the transfer here is horrible. So I'm singing up for a blind date! smile.gif

Edit: I came back home and listened to the track. I love the specific tone of the guitar in it.

I'm adding it to my daily practice until the deadline and maybe I'll come up with something real nice! Once I'm familiar with D Minor scale I'll start applying vibrato and bending for some extra practice.

That's great Adam!! Can't wait to hear your first jams over this one!!

QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 4 2019, 07:54 PM) *
This is right up my alley, such a killer backing! I have too many ideas will try to get a take in on time smile.gif

Ok, I recorded a couple parts for the intro/outro. Gonna keep jamming on it, but if you can use these I'll post all the files.

yeah!! Those are very rocker ideas mate!! I love your bends over the first section! I think that this is the energy that the track needs. You are definitely on the right track. Keep on these ideas coming!

QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ May 6 2019, 02:13 PM) *
Hi everyone,

I really liked this backing track. I had some time yesterday to listen to it and came up with a little idea. First of all, I play some bendings and after the minute 0:15 I have an incomplete idea. I was thinking of creating a little harmony by playing the riff 1 octave up and then 2 octaves up, but I still want to add some notes notes in the middle. Please let me know what do you think about it. Probably tonight I could work on polishing this idea and will post an update.

Thanks!

Angel.

That's very promising Angel! The first bends are everything this riff deserve! And I like your Jimmy Page type harmonizations during the riff! This is very good. Keep on experimenting over the backing, and feel free to share more ideas or, new versions of these same licks until you find the one that you want.

I think that you can define the second part and practice it to make the harmonization sound tighter. What do you think?

And regarding the incomplete section, try different improvisations to see what happens... or you can play the same riff than the backing first, and then harmonize. Here you can find the backing tracks tabs: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Rival-Sons-Style/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 7 2019, 08:52 AM
GMC Founder
Awesome contributions already - and it's so cool to see you in here Angel! 😊

I really felt the groove in this backing and recorded my take over it. I also recorded some playing tips in the end of the video. Everyone should give this collab a go! 👌🏽

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 7 2019, 04:48 PM
Instructor
Awesome video Kris!! You jam over this one is amazing, and those tips are very inspiring! I also think that your tone here is so tasty. What amp are you using in your Kemper preset?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2019, 07:19 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 7 2019, 05:48 PM) *
Awesome video Kris!! You jam over this one is amazing, and those tips are very inspiring! I also think that your tone here is so tasty. What amp are you using in your Kemper preset?

Thansk Gab! This is is a Marshall "SL 100" profile by Bert Meulendijk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2019, 03:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 8 2019, 03:19 AM) *
Thansk Gab! This is is a Marshall "SL 100" profile by Bert Meulendijk.

I've asked this question before, and you always respond with a different amp model. However, you always sound good, and you always sound unique, and you always sound similar... That's a great thing... you have your own tone, and keeping the same vibe even when changing amps means that it's in your fingers. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 9 2019, 06:46 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 8 2019, 04:20 PM) *
I've asked this question before, and you always respond with a different amp model. However, you always sound good, and you always sound unique, and you always sound similar... That's a great thing... you have your own tone, and keeping the same vibe even when changing amps means that it's in your fingers. smile.gif

That's an interesting observation. I usually have a sound in my head which I am striving for, and I try to use different amp profiles to get there. So in a way the actual profile I am using maybe isn't that relevant since I often change powerful parameters to my liking - and thereby altering the sound quite a bit. I also tend to copy reverb/delays setting between rigs, and they color the sound quite a bit as I like to have them very audible when jamming - as it creates consistency between the different backings.

But other than that - yes it's probably in the fingers! 🤘🏼

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 11 2019, 07:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 9 2019, 02:46 AM) *
That's an interesting observation. I usually have a sound in my head which I am striving for, and I try to use different amp profiles to get there. So in a way the actual profile I am using maybe isn't that relevant since I often change powerful parameters to my liking - and thereby altering the sound quite a bit. I also tend to copy reverb/delays setting between rigs, and they color the sound quite a bit as I like to have them very audible when jamming - as it creates consistency between the different backings.

But other than that - yes it's probably in the fingers! 🤘🏼

That's very interesting! I think that it would be cool to see how you set your guitar tones in one of your Jam School series lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2019, 08:55 PM
Killer solo and a great example of using FINGER PICKING as an addition to the pick. Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits uses finger picking in amazing ways as do many players. Great vid!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 7 2019, 03:52 AM) *
Awesome contributions already - and it's so cool to see you in here Angel! 😊

I really felt the groove in this backing and recorded my take over it. I also recorded some playing tips in the end of the video. Everyone should give this collab a go! 👌🏽

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 12 2019, 03:44 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 11 2019, 08:28 PM) *
That's very interesting! I think that it would be cool to see how you set your guitar tones in one of your Jam School series lesson.

That's a great idea! It's such a wide topic I would have to think of where to start. Maybe some generic pointers to start off with.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 11 2019, 09:55 PM) *
Killer solo and a great example of using FINGER PICKING as an addition to the pick. Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits uses finger picking in amazing ways as do many players. Great vid!

Well spotted. And this is a great tool for when you want to go down in dynamics, I often find it easier to produce soft tones with my fingers rather than the pick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 13 2019, 01:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 12 2019, 10:44 AM) *
That's a great idea! It's such a wide topic I would have to think of where to start. Maybe some generic pointers to start off with.

Some tone matching lessons would be awesome, it's hard to practice because I only do much of it when finishing a REC lesson. That time is few and far between because of the practice hours to learn the playing part. Starting with a dry track, having isolated guitar examples, and a lesson like your recent REC response wpould be really useful in helping people learn how to use their own gear with fast iterations possible would make progress faster.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 14 2019, 07:07 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 13 2019, 02:44 PM) *
Some tone matching lessons would be awesome, it's hard to practice because I only do much of it when finishing a REC lesson. That time is few and far between because of the practice hours to learn the playing part. Starting with a dry track, having isolated guitar examples, and a lesson like your recent REC response wpould be really useful in helping people learn how to use their own gear with fast iterations possible would make progress faster.

Cool, so maybe I could use a backing track that I plan to jam over as a starting point. I would show how to I tweak the sound to make it work over the backing. I just need to figure out how to make sure a lesson interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 14 2019, 02:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 14 2019, 03:07 AM) *
Cool, so maybe I could use a backing track that I plan to jam over as a starting point. I would show how to I tweak the sound to make it work over the backing. I just need to figure out how to make sure a lesson interesting.

Yes, this would really work! Showing exactly what you do when you decide to record a jam over a backing track. How is this process? What makes you decide to start with one amp or the other? Which are the parameters that you usually change?

These can be interesting series because each backing will suggest different settings and parameters.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 14 2019, 02:30 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 14 2019, 03:01 PM) *
Yes, this would really work! Showing exactly what you do when you decide to record a jam over a backing track. How is this process? What makes you decide to start with one amp or the other? Which are the parameters that you usually change?

These can be interesting series because each backing will suggest different settings and parameters.

I had a new go at it here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=768321

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2019, 02:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 14 2019, 10:30 AM) *

Commented there!! smile.gif

How is this one going guys!! Any takes coming?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Adam
May 15 2019, 09:09 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 15 2019, 02:38 PM) *
Commented there!! smile.gif

How is this one going guys!! Any takes coming?

I reviewed my vids and recorded some new ones. I have a day off tomorrow and I know what I want to submit, so I'll polish that solo a little bit more. It will make me feel better and there's still some time left smile.gif

I'm learning a lot by just watching myself playing too!

This post has been edited by Adam M: May 15 2019, 09:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:55 AM