Adele Skyfall Inspired Guitar Solo, 007
Jeroen
Apr 11 2014, 02:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm a huge fan of James Bond. And Adele's Skyfall title song has a very special meaning to me. So December last year I decided to make a Skyfall inspired solo. This is from my time before GMC. In the meantime I know that I need to work on my string bending and vibrato. This tune is based upon very simple long notes with bends and vibrato. Nevertheless I like playing this piece. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Amitai Kedmi
Apr 13 2014, 01:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
I like it very much Jeoren! smile.gif

I love Adele's Skyfall theme song. And there's a lot of feel in your playing.

Keep posting videos!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Apr 13 2014, 06:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
Great job Jeroen smile.gif Adele's skyfall song is awesome.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 13 2014, 09:03 AM
Thanks Amitai and Hajduk. By the way, you can find the backing track and many more here on Maximo Spodek's site if you like:

http://youtu.be/emTbVc5qkb4

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 13 2014, 06:08 PM
Instructor
Hello Jeroen smile.gif I like the idea and the playing as well wink.gif Now, the things you should focus on would be:

- widening your vibrato and controlling it
- reaching all the correct pitches when bending

Focus on these aspects and you will do an even nicer job on this track wink.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 13 2014, 06:48 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 13 2014, 07:08 PM) *
Hello Jeroen smile.gif I like the idea and the playing as well wink.gif Now, the things you should focus on would be:

- widening your vibrato and controlling it
- reaching all the correct pitches when bending

Focus on these aspects and you will do an even nicer job on this track wink.gif

Thanks Sensei wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 14 2014, 06:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 13 2014, 05:48 PM) *
Thanks Sensei wink.gif

The pleasure is all mine smile.gif Keep me updated mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2014, 03:07 PM
Instructor
I didn't know the track but it sounds very cool and you did a good version. I think that this take could be a good reference to check how much your playing improves thanks to GMC. You could record a new take in some months, but be sure to work on vibrato and bending.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 14 2014, 03:41 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 14 2014, 04:07 PM) *
I didn't know the track but it sounds very cool and you did a good version. I think that this take could be a good reference to check how much your playing improves thanks to GMC. You could record a new take in some months, but be sure to work on vibrato and bending.

Hi Gabriel, you didn't know the track because I created it!! I will make another version some months from now to see my progress wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2014, 04:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 14 2014, 11:41 AM) *
Hi Gabriel, you didn't know the track because I created it!! I will make another version some months from now to see my progress wink.gif

ah! that makes sense! I thought that it was from the movie or something. Extra congrats for the composition! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2014, 06:33 AM
Instructor
Oooh, I was of the same mind as Gabi smile.gif I thought it was a backing track made especially for this tune and you recorded the guitars! Congrats man! As Gabi said, use it as a reference - it will help a lot and it will show you your journey smile.gif When you have hard times, take a look at it and enjoy the achievements. It will boost your morale and get you ready to continue wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 4 2014, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Hello Jeroen

That's a really nice backingtrack you've chosen, it really makes you focus on the melody and that's where i'd like to give you a suggestion.
Building the dynamics of a guitar solo is very important - it works better if you build up your tone.You could start from a nice warm chruncy tone
and take it to a more agressive sound only by using your volume knob.
A good guitar tone can inspire you a lot and push your creativity far more than you can imagine
There are some other tricks you could use to spice up your solos: switching between pick-ups, using some delay, using less distortion and remember that tone is 80% the touch of your fingers

Keep up the good work and we are waiting for new videos

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 4 2014, 10:35 PM
GMC:er
Great movie, Great tune.

When I started I remember wanting to be able to bend strings and make them sing with some great vibrato like my heroes. I spent a LOT of time bending up 1/2 steps, then whole steps. Bending quickly, then slowly with intention! Then working on making a vibrato that really SINGS, not just jiggling the string.

Those 2 things make all the difference to me when I hear someone play.

You got the chops, now refine those little things! I'm sure there's a great vibrato in ya!

enjoyed it

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 11 2014, 01:37 PM) *
I'm a huge fan of James Bond. And Adele's Skyfall title song has a very special meaning to me. So December last year I decided to make a Skyfall inspired solo. This is from my time before GMC. In the meantime I know that I need to work on my string bending and vibrato. This tune is based upon very simple long notes with bends and vibrato. Nevertheless I like playing this piece. smile.gif

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2014, 04:48 PM
Instructor
SeeJay has a lot of great input here smile.gif Vibrato and bending are two things which are more of an ear training based techniques - you need to hear where you are and where you need to get (ex: bend from G to A) and then feel how much to push when bending.

I have never practiced bending on it's own, but I imitated a wide array of things with my guitar in order to hone my articulation chops smile.gif

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 5 2014, 07:38 PM
GMC:er
Totally an ear thing.

Or a mind thing.

like a . . .ear . . .mind . . . .F#$% thing

ha.

I've also spent the past few years focusing on my voice. It's been interesting going through that journey and applying the same ideas that I took from learning guitar. It's really been me finding out how to be a strong, controlled player/vocalist and then learning how to apply the finesse that your ears hear.

I think things like tone and technique will call come par for the course if you are constantly pursuing your strongest most expressive playing.

but who knows. It's monday afternoon and I'm on my couch, still in my underwear. cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2014, 03:48 PM) *
SeeJay has a lot of great input here smile.gif Vibrato and bending are two things which are more of an ear training based techniques - you need to hear where you are and where you need to get (ex: bend from G to A) and then feel how much to push when bending.

I have never practiced bending on it's own, but I imitated a wide array of things with my guitar in order to hone my articulation chops smile.gif

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2014, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Hehe, here's someone who understands the HUGE benefits of learning how to use your voice. I think that a complete player, should make good use of his/her ear, voice and instrument of choice all together.

For me, learning how to use my voice was a great way of juggling things - playing something on the guitar and then with my voice and vice versa all the time. I have thus learned how to be very flexible in this approach and learn how to express music, rather than positions and scales and arpeggios - I am still learning and I will be learning for the rest of my life, but each step ahead takes me further up the ladder, as they say smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:27 AM