> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Rock Solo - Beginner, Lesson By Trond Vold
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Sack
Apr 15 2020, 08:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Rock Solo - Beginner by Trond Vold

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 16 2020, 07:15 PM
GMC Founder
Very nice!

Your bends are impressively precise!

Your vibrato is also promising - though I would try to get rid completely of any finger movement. Try to have all the vibrato movement coming from the arm.

Although you took this lesson to a nice place with the relatively clean tone - it also makes it more difficult for you. As an example, distortion would have helped the last legato/slide run - which now is really hard to hear. Also, this kind of slow melodic playing requires a tone with more sustain/distotrtion - otherwise the notes won't sing for as long.

Overall this is good - I will give you a 7. I am looking forward to seeing more REC takes from you 👊

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 17 2020, 04:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Sack!!

Great job here! This a very good choice for you!

I can say that you are playing everything clean and that you have good timing in this one. I also noticed that you reach the correct pitch when bending most of the times. The only thing that needs some more work is your vibrato which is not regular and as Kris said, it requires a movement adjustment.

Please check out your inbox, I'll send you a video with details on how to improve your vibrato and bending movements.

Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 21 2020, 05:23 AM
GMC:er
IMPRESSIVE!!! You cover a LOT of ground in terms of technique in this video. You handle it all quite well. Even the tricky bits near the end don't throw you off of your game. This solo has a little bit of everything and lots of moving parts and so lots of chance to mess up. You keep it high and tight the entire time. It's great to see a rec done this well. Also you don't use much gain here so you are not hiding any flaws using distortion which we sometimes see. Solid 8 from me!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 22 2020, 11:33 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:05 AM