Musician's Institute
BroncoEra
Apr 14 2011, 02:33 AM
GMC:er
I've been considering going to Musician's Institute or Berklee recently, but one of the biggest problems I think I have at this point is finding a place to stay. I was wondering if anyone else has had experience in either of those two schools, esp. M.I. Musician's Institute (from what I think I've learned) doesn't have dorms or anything like that, so are you just expected to come up with rent each month for your own apartment? I can't imagine how expensive that would be and I don't really have any savings, but I qualify for all types of students loans and grants. If anyone has been through M.I. I'm sure your experiences could help me answer this question.

Thanks in advance for any input!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
del-4fr53e3
Apr 14 2011, 08:18 AM
Learning Tone Master
Both schools will help you find a place to stay. Yes you are expected to pay your own apartments (by taking loans from the bank). Berklee is one of the most expensive modern-music schools in the world (but then again, the US is a cheap country to live in) smile.gif
All the information you are looking for can be found on their websites.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Apr 14 2011, 08:59 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 16 2011, 05:34 PM
Instructor
I believe there are some programs that allow you to work as a musician, gig around, and pay the rent this way. This would be a good way to earn some stage experience while studying.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:33 AM