4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
The Youtube Dog Throw
steve25
Mar 16 2008, 06:33 PM
GMC:er
Probably most of you have heard of it, it's the video that's currently doing the rounds on YouTube. The clip where the marine throws a dog off a cliff. It's been on the news and everything but for those of you who haven't seen it here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Nx8auRWCk...feature=related

Well what do you think? Is it fake or is it real? Personally i'm not sure, it didn't move a lot but then again they don't when they're picked up by the scruff. They could have put in sound of the dog afterwards and it did seem a bit close but i'm not sure, knowing some people these days it could be real.

Warning - some may find the video upsetting, particularly animal lovers. Also quite a lot of bad language in the comments about the video.
Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Mar 16 2008, 06:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 16 2008, 06:44 PM
The dog does look quite real I guess but it didn't move at all and that barking it made sounded fake to me, so yeah, it's probably fake.

Although, I suppose it could be a dead dog that they had found, that would make more sense.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Mar 16 2008, 06:45 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 16 2008, 06:47 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Steve - I've added a warning in case some people are upset by the video. At this point though I'm not going to take any other mod action so as to let a discussion run.

Is it fake or not - ummm don't know though either way it's is as a minimum to me personally a nasty thing to do. If it's real then it's horrid and if it's fake, why do that to upset some people?

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 16 2008, 06:54 PM
Tony - i probably should have thought of that first, apologies

There's a lot of uproar about it. We would all like to think that it is fake but you just don't know. The other question i have to ask is what is a puppy doing on a cliff?

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 16 2008, 07:47 PM
Made me laugh this whole thing. Yeah a dog getting killed is bad and all that. But there is so much worse stuff going on over there and that doesn't get 400,000 views and comments or whatever. Just because it's a cute dog.

Blatantly fake anyway.

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 16 2008, 08:26 PM
certainly looks fake, but then again there are some sick ba***rds around, although i must admit to a guilty chuckle.

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 16 2008, 08:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Duncan @ Mar 16 2008, 02:47 PM) *
Made me laugh this whole thing. Yeah a dog getting killed is bad and all that. But there is so much worse stuff going on over there and that doesn't get 400,000 views and comments or whatever. Just because it's a cute dog.

Blatantly fake anyway.

Pretty much how I feel.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 17 2008, 12:39 AM
People make these kinds of videos to exploit the oversensitivity of the masses. Hate to tell you but we live in a wussified environment where people have very little to no perspective so they over react to the possibility of something cute dying. I don't think it's real, but the gross over reaction is telling.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 17 2008, 01:16 AM
yea im not sure if its real or not.. if it is w/e if its not w/e.. it shows that our society is unaware of everyday truths and not ready to handle alot of it.. during wars real people die, children die, bombs don't spare cute little puppies either.. this is an over reaction for a dog and an under reaction regarding war its self.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 17 2008, 10:40 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 17 2008, 01:16 AM) *
yea im not sure if its real or not.. if it is w/e if its not w/e.. it shows that our society is unaware of everyday truths and not ready to handle alot of it.. during wars real people die, children die, bombs don't spare cute little puppies either.. this is an over reaction for a dog and an under reaction regarding war its self.

As someone says, "Two wrongs don't make a right", just because I'm horrified by war and dead children, doesn't mean I'm happy watching a dog die. I haven't watched it actually. Makes me feel sick.
mad.gif

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 17 2008, 10:41 AM

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 17 2008, 01:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzroIquVy0Y

Oh the humanity.

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 17 2008, 07:58 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right, but wasting energy crying about something you have no control over isn't going to help either.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 17 2008, 08:12 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Mar 17 2008, 12:32 PM) *

i have been mullet fishing with a shotgun and had a better catch than that tongue.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 17 2008, 08:20 PM
I won't lower myself to even view it

I don't trust people who are not disgust by this kind of thing. they may act fine under stable conditions, but you don't turn it on or off. If you are heartless towards animals, under the right circumstances, you will be the heartless towards your own species.

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 17 2008, 08:27 PM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Mar 17 2008, 04:40 AM) *
As someone says, "Two wrongs don't make a right", just because I'm horrified by war and dead children, doesn't mean I'm happy watching a dog die. I haven't watched it actually. Makes me feel sick.
mad.gif

good for you.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 17 2008, 08:45 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 17 2008, 08:20 PM) *

I don't trust people who are not disgust by this kind of thing. they may act fine under stable conditions, but you don't turn it on or off. If you are heartless towards animals, under the right circumstances, you will be the heartless towards your own species.

Absolutely.

One of the sad things is that previously a human quality was to be humane to those in most need of care - human and animal (Heidegger's Sein und Zeit). It seems that in the 'enlightened' world we live in this value has been abandoned. At a sociological level perhaps we now live in a depthless world where society has been corroded (Sennett - The Corrosion of Conformity) to such an extent that the only thing that counts is that we are entertained (Baudrillard - Simulacra and Simulation).

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 18 2008, 12:12 AM
if thats real, i hope those marines are killed. i dont care how, just let it happen. if its fake, then their just idiots.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 18 2008, 02:05 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 17 2008, 11:12 PM) *
if thats real, i hope those marines are killed. i dont care how, just let it happen. if its fake, then their just idiots.

I can't get over how much I despise you right now.

You're putting the life of a puppy over two human beings?

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 18 2008, 02:20 AM
So two wrongs don't make a right but three wrongs does?

fkalich is right, I agree whole heartedly that someone who has the capacity to be so cruel to an animal absolutely will likely harbor few reservations about turning on their own species, but on the same side of the very same coin, you're looking at 3 marines who are being shot at and shooting at other living beings constantly. The reality that they live in is so far from the sheltered lifestyle we all enjoy that they lose touch with things like that. When all you know is death and violence it's kind of tough to just flip on compassion again. Having friends who served in the theater they typically all said it was easier just to kind of switch off and do what was necessary to keep themselves and their friends alive, then when they come back have to re-interface and switch back on.

Of course, it brings up the argument of the civil vs. the savage which is a theme prevalent in pretty much every work of modern literature and which one is "right". Someone who has subscribed to higher education and operates in an academic environment will obviously choose the civil, while someone who is in an environment fraught with risk might opt for the savage more often than not since it serves their ends better. A lot of times it is projection on behalf of the beholder. If someone does exist in an environment where they can reap the benefits of higher education, odds are they lack the skills and instincts to survive in any other sort of environment. You can prescribe to whatever beliefs and ideals you hold lofty but the most human instinct of them all is self preservation: survival. If fulfilling that means performing acts of coldness that color your world view, then so be it. It is easy to judge someone in a situation you have absolutely no frame of reference for, but if you were plunked down in a hostile environment with your wits to protect you, odds are you would steel yourself as well.

This post has been edited by Goliath: Mar 18 2008, 02:21 AM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 18 2008, 02:36 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 17 2008, 03:20 PM) *

I do feel disgust at this, if it's real. However it's outweighed by a perhaps cynical feeling that every day worse things happen that no one speaks out about. It is easy to speak out and feel outrage from your armchair in front of your computer (I'm not saying this specifically applies to anyone here). I do not think I could classify myself as heartless, towards animals or humans. You may think differently.

The mere fact that we have two sides sitting here pointing at each other and labeling each other with conclusive namecalling is a pretty big sign, IMO, that something is wrong with our perception of this situation.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:47 PM