3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Collaborations, Chordprogressions
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 14 2008, 05:29 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 04:20 PM) *
If you weren't being so arrogant and nasty, disregarding your own knowledge and skill, I wouldn't.
Hurtful man, keep in mind that you're always talking to me.

You do talk some rubbish. When do I ever say I'm great on here. Lots of people enjoy the music I write. I wouldn't say I'm brilliant but many buy it. There is no need to be disrespectful by implying that I write rubbish and I suck at everything to do with music. I talked to you because I thought you were a decent guy but now I see that your arrogance consumes you.

But this is the last I'm saying on it. I love this site and being here but I don't need this.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:24 PM) *
Of course not. the creativity lies within improvisation. However to know the notes to improvise with, you need to know the chords that are being played.

If I was god, I would see every single pattern that could be viable, but I am not.

In theory creativity and improvisation lies within all 12 notes on the board, not just the ones in the scale. It may not sound good, but that is how it is.

I geuss we're just taking different approaches to knowing the chords or getting to know what sounds good when playing. Of course you will hold out for your approach while I for mine.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Jesse
"Your collabs wouldn't sound like they did if you hear everything, so I won't take that serious.." <--- This is offensive. This is just rude, you trying to insult people on here?!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 14 2008, 05:29 PM) *
You do talk some rubbish. When do I ever say I'm great on here. Lots of people enjoy the music I write. I wouldn't say I'm brilliant but many buy it. There is no need to be disrespectful by implying that I write rubbish and I suck at everything to do with music. I talked to you because I thought you were a decent guy but now I see that your arrogance consumes you.

But this is the last I'm saying on it. I love this site and being here but I don't need this.

Look man, you gotta understand, this isn't about you.
I am just saying that it's nice to know the chordprogression, to unlock all posibilities.

To do this, you need theory knowledge.
I know you, and I know you don't know thoery, that's why I am pissed off by your arguments.
You can't understand this stuff without knowledge of modes and coherent harmonies.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:29 PM) *
In theory creativity and improvisation lies within all 12 notes on the board, not just the ones in the scale. It may not sound good, but that is how it is.

I geuss we're just taking different approaches to knowing the chords or getting to know what sounds good when playing. Of course you will hold out for your approach while I for mine.

As I said, if you want to play around with those 12 all day, reinventing gunpowder, good for you.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:34 PM) *
Look man, you gotta understand, this isn't about you.
I am just saying that it's nice to know the chordprogression, to unlock all posibilities.

To do this, you need theory knowledge.
I know you, and I know you don't know thoery, that's why I am pissed off by your arguments.
You can't understand this stuff without knowledge of modes and coherent harmonies.

As I said, if you want to play around with those 12 all day, reinventing gunpowder, good for you.

You gotta explain why it is reinventing gunpowder? For all I know those possibilities that the 12 notes unlock is just as creative as those notes you get from knowing the chords?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kjutte
Dec 14 2008, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 14 2008, 05:39 PM) *
You gotta explain why it is reinventing gunpowder? For all I know those possibilities that the 12 notes unlock is just as creative as those notes you get from knowing the chords?

Look, if you make your own song you can do whatever you'd like.
But the fact is that most of the backings are diatonic, meaning you need a formulea.

Experimenting with those 12 may give you a new majorscale, but it won't fit in the formulae, thus causing passing notes and nothing else.

If you still don't understand why this is reinventing gunpowder, then I give up.

I'm sorry for being a bit personal at times, I shouldn't have done it. I may have a temper problem.

This post has been edited by kjutte: Dec 14 2008, 05:43 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 14 2008, 05:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kjutte @ Dec 14 2008, 05:41 PM) *
Look, if you make your own song you can do whatever you'd like.
But the fact is that most of the backings are diatonic, meaning you need a formulea.

Experimenting with those 12 may give you a new majorscale, but it won't fit in the formulae, thus causing passing notes and nothing else.

If you still don't understand why this is reinventing gunpowder, then I give up.

I'd say that using your general major scale or what you come up with given the chord progression or theory is more like re-inventing gunpowder

And you do not NEED a formulea to play to the backing tracks. And even if you do, that formulea can be figured out by yourself, if you are willing to do so - which I can understand why some people aren't, as it's more difficult (yet more rewarding in the end to your ear..) and takes more time, but I would say that given the amount of time in most collabs, it is managable to do so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 14 2008, 05:46 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ok, thanks for apologizing Kjutte, and please don;t take this kind of tone ever again on the forums, it will not be tolerated - I am closing this thread for a while to let everyone calm down.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:31 AM