Ngd, Orange Rockerverb 50 MKIII
AK Rich
May 12 2016, 05:58 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hello again! Some have probably seen that I had ordered a combo version of this amp a while back and know that when I brought it home I had some problems with the amp which resulted in it having to be sent back to Orange for an exchange. Recently I was informed that those combo's were on back order and I probably wouldn't see one until sometime in june. So, instead of waiting I decided to just buy the amp and 4x12 cab version they had at my local music store. I had to drop down another $700 to get it but I am thinking it was worth it, even after having to do some re-arranging to make room for it. rolleyes.gif
So here she is in her new home.
[attachment=44598:DSCF0227.JPG]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Phil66
May 12 2016, 06:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sweet smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 12 2016, 07:51 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 12 2016, 06:34 PM
GMC:er
Cool! looks mighty! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 12 2016, 08:25 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Mertay @ May 12 2016, 09:34 AM) *
Cool! looks mighty! smile.gif

Sounds mighty too! I am glad I made the switch. The 4x12 cab definitely has more punch. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Rammikin
May 12 2016, 08:37 PM
Experienced Rock Star
You can always make room for a 4x12 smile.gif Very nice!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 12 2016, 08:57 PM
Nice! smile.gif That thing is a monster!!!! You can squeeze great tone out of it without killing the neighbors with the bangeetar pedal I'll bet smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 12 2016, 12:58 PM) *
Hello again! Some have probably seen that I had ordered a combo version of this amp a while back and know that when I brought it home I had some problems with the amp which resulted in it having to be sent back to Orange for an exchange. Recently I was informed that those combo's were on back order and I probably wouldn't see one until sometime in june. So, instead of waiting I decided to just buy the amp and 4x12 cab version they had at my local music store. I had to drop down another $700 to get it but I am thinking it was worth it, even after having to do some re-arranging to make room for it. rolleyes.gif
So here she is in her new home.
[attachment=44598:DSCF0227.JPG]

+Quote Post
mhskeide
May 13 2016, 12:07 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Words cant describe the jellyness!....

or yes they can. I am incredible jealous of that biggrin.gif
Probably gonna gig with my AmpliFire in the PA for the foreseeable future, but when student life is done and working life begings, I`m looking at simithing similar. Enjoy!!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 13 2016, 06:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Rammikin @ May 12 2016, 11:37 AM) *
You can always make room for a 4x12 smile.gif Very nice!

Thanks, Rammikin. And you are right. Making room was no problem at all! smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 12 2016, 11:57 AM) *
Nice! smile.gif That thing is a monster!!!! You can squeeze great tone out of it without killing the neighbors with the bangeetar pedal I'll bet smile.gif

Haven't run the Bangeetar in front of it yet but the main reason you can sqeeze great tone at low volumes is the because firstly it can be run at half power via the second switch from the left (full power, half power, standyby). And secondly you can further reduce the power with a global power attenuator knob (first knob from the left).
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day so I took it out on the deck and cranked her up, to which the loons on the lake responded in chorus. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mhskeide @ May 13 2016, 03:07 AM) *
Words cant describe the jellyness!....

or yes they can. I am incredible jealous of that biggrin.gif
Probably gonna gig with my AmpliFire in the PA for the foreseeable future, but when student life is done and working life begings, I`m looking at simithing similar. Enjoy!!

Rock on, mhskeide!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2016, 03:49 AM
Nice to be able to crank it smile.gif I'm sure the wildlife approved!

Todd

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 13 2016, 01:00 PM) *
Thanks, Rammikin. And you are right. Making room was no problem at all! smile.gif

Haven't run the Bangeetar in front of it yet but the main reason you can sqeeze great tone at low volumes is the because firstly it can be run at half power via the second switch from the left (full power, half power, standyby). And secondly you can further reduce the power with a global power attenuator knob (first knob from the left).
Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day so I took it out on the deck and cranked her up, to which the loons on the lake responded in chorus. biggrin.gif

Rock on, mhskeide!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 14 2016, 03:29 PM
Instructor
That's one of my favorite amps smile.gif Probably it's the best "cutting through band" amp I have ever played in a club. Yeah...it had to be worth it smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 14 2016, 03:52 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 14 2016, 06:29 AM) *
That's one of my favorite amps smile.gif Probably it's the best "cutting through band" amp I have ever played in a club. Yeah...it had to be worth it smile.gif

I would say that is a damn good endorsement. Thanks Derek. cool.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 14 2016, 04:03 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Improves the look of any room. smile.gif I'm sure it sounds just as good. Congrats on the purchase!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 14 2016, 04:26 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 14 2016, 07:03 AM) *
Improves the look of any room. smile.gif I'm sure it sounds just as good. Congrats on the purchase!

Thanks Degroot! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:17 PM