Vikings New Tv Show
Todd Simpson
Mar 18 2013, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
I gotta say I really dig this new show on History Channel called VIKINGS. It's got it all, bit of battle, bit of lore, bit of plunder, it's all there smile.gif Anyone else watching it?

and the creepy spiff theme music that seems like it's just BEGGING for a METAL REMAKE!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 18 2013, 04:22 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 18 2013, 08:42 AM
Instructor
I've seen the first three episodes and... I AM HOOKED FOR GOOD! Needless to say I am frantically waiting for the 31st of March when the Game of Thrones third series begins biggrin.gif Oh Lordy, Lord!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 18 2013, 04:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I love it man! However, I'm not sure how historically accurate it is given how inaccurate some of the History Channel information is.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Mar 20 2013, 04:03 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 18 2013, 07:42 AM) *
I've seen the first three episodes and... I AM HOOKED FOR GOOD! Needless to say I am frantically waiting for the 31st of March when the Game of Thrones third series begins biggrin.gif Oh Lordy, Lord!

YES I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This show looks really cool too Todd, I might have to look it up.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 18 2013, 03:40 PM) *
I love it man! However, I'm not sure how historically accurate it is given how inaccurate some of the History Channel information is.

Really? I had no clue that History channel has faults and stuff sad.gif Well, the series looks totally awesome biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 20 2013, 01:14 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 20 2013, 02:54 AM) *
Really? I had no clue that History channel has faults and stuff sad.gif Well, the series looks totally awesome biggrin.gif

Yeah, it's not all of the time but they bend the truth sometimes.

Last year in AP US History class our teacher would show us videos from the history channel and stop it to tell us when a fact wasn't true and would tell us the real story laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 20 2013, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Oh my ... I am a big fan of history so I will follow the facts if i feel like something in the series is strange

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 20 2013, 07:07 PM
Instructor
It does look good. I wonder if it will ever be shown on normal tv, probably not sad.gif

I think they've tried to make the lead viking look a bit too 'hip' though, with his shaved hair style.. but what the hell, the series looks great ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 20 2013, 07:38 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 20 2013, 01:07 PM) *
It does look good. I wonder if it will ever be shown on normal tv, probably not sad.gif

I think they've tried to make the lead viking look a bit too 'hip' though, with his shaved hair style.. but what the hell, the series looks great ! smile.gif

I actually felt the same way Ben. He looked a little too Manscaped.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 21 2013, 09:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 20 2013, 06:38 PM) *
I actually felt the same way Ben. He looked a little too Manscaped.

Manscaped !! Oh.. what a word !! laugh.gif

Reminds me of the time Mudbone introduced me to the phrase 'Skullet' ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 22 2013, 06:18 PM
The Dark Canuck
I am enjoying the show as well I must say. It's no Game of Thrones but it is entertaining never the less smile.gif Also I love Gabriel Byrne so all good wink.gif

I can't wait for March 31st!! Viewing party is being planned and well it's extra special since I met Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder) who is one of my favourite actors when I was in NYC!! Such a great guy and a great actor. (If you haven't seen him as Caesar in Rome you are missing out!) I apparently have a thing for the irish LOL!!

rok

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 23 2013, 04:43 AM
Well, it's just a fictional show, not a documentary right? smile.gif Not to mention the "History" channel is just Themed Entertainment (with history being the theme as opposed to say, the game show channel). It's just a REALLY COOL show that airs on History Channel smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 18 2013, 11:40 AM) *

BINGO smile.gif Game of thrones it's not, but It's sure helping me through til Games starts up again smile.gif it's my fav show on right now. Of course until games starts smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (rokchik @ Mar 22 2013, 01:18 PM) *
I am enjoying the show as well I must say. It's no Game of Thrones but it is entertaining never the less smile.gif Also I love Gabriel Byrne so all good wink.gif

I can't wait for March 31st!! Viewing party is being planned and well it's extra special since I met Ciaran Hinds (Mance Rayder) who is one of my favourite actors when I was in NYC!! Such a great guy and a great actor. (If you haven't seen him as Caesar in Rome you are missing out!) I apparently have a thing for the irish LOL!!

rok

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 23 2013, 04:45 AM

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 23 2013, 04:45 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 22 2013, 10:43 PM) *
Eh? You realize it's a "Fictional" show right? Not to mention the "History" channel is just Themed Entertainment (with history being the theme as opposed to say, the game show channel). You may be way overthinking it a bit. It's just a REALLY COOL show that airs on History Channel smile.gif

Todd

BINGO smile.gif Game of thrones it's not, but It's sure helping me through til Games starts up again smile.gif it's my fav show on right now. Of course until games starts smile.gif

Todd

Oh I know it's shows themed with history but usually the history they add is way over exaggerated. I like my history truthful wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 24 2013, 03:52 AM
The Dark Canuck
Yes it certainly is filling the GOT void at the moment... Although Walking Dead doing a good job of that too wink.gif

rok

PS: I just realized I watch way to much TV LOL!! GOT starts next week, when that is done it will be time for True Blood. When that is done it will be SOA and Homeland time... Well at least I have good taste cool.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 23 2013, 12:43 AM) *
Well, it's just a fictional show, not a documentary right? smile.gif Not to mention the "History" channel is just Themed Entertainment (with history being the theme as opposed to say, the game show channel). It's just a REALLY COOL show that airs on History Channel smile.gif

Todd

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 25 2013, 04:03 AM
A quote from a recent Battle scene on VIKINGS. This show just RAWKS. IMHO one of the best things I"ve seen in years. Not GOT, but sorta scratches the same itch smile.gif

"Up onto the overturned keel
clamber with a heart of steel
cold is the ocean's spray
and your death is on its way
with maidens you have had on your way
each must die someday!"

Here is the BATTLE SCENE itself.

*DISCLAIMER: ENTERTAINMENT VALUE ONLY, NOT HISTORY

Todd

Each must die some day!
QUOTE (rokchik @ Mar 23 2013, 10:52 PM) *
Yes it certainly is filling the GOT void at the moment... Although Walking Dead doing a good job of that too wink.gif

rok

PS: I just realized I watch way to much TV LOL!! GOT starts next week, when that is done it will be time for True Blood. When that is done it will be SOA and Homeland time... Well at least I have good taste cool.gif

I hear ya smile.gif Best stick to documentaries.
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 22 2013, 11:45 PM) *
Oh I know it's shows themed with history but usually the history they add is way over exaggerated. I like my history truthful wink.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 25 2013, 04:06 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2013, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Hehe! Just seen this episode last evening! You know what? I was totally convinced that Rollo would betray Ragnar laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 26 2013, 02:08 AM
I was thinking the same smile.gif I was sorry to see that they killed off the big guy!! He is the same actor that played the Bulliwyf (Beowulf) character in The 13th Warrior and he makes a great Viking smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 25 2013, 03:48 AM) *
Hehe! Just seen this episode last evening! You know what? I was totally convinced that Rollo would betray Ragnar laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 26 2013, 09:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 26 2013, 01:08 AM) *
I was thinking the same smile.gif I was sorry to see that they killed off the big guy!! He is the same actor that played the Bulliwyf (Beowulf) character in The 13th Warrior and he makes a great Viking smile.gif

Todd

OOOOH, NOW I got it biggrin.gif I had no clue where I knew him from!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 27 2013, 04:03 AM
Same guy! He was really great in the series. He's a Czech by birth but man can be do a great Viking!! The star of the show is an actor from Australia and the actress playing his wife the Shield Maiden is from Canada. They all had me fooled with their accents (then again, people from Scandinavia probably are not fooled at all by them ) and I thought they were swedes or finns smile.gif

Then again the lead guy from WALKING DEAD sounds just like he was from Macon Georgia ( I thought for sure he was a local!) and he's British!

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 26 2013, 04:23 AM) *
OOOOH, NOW I got it biggrin.gif I had no clue where I knew him from!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:32 AM