2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Amp :blink:, Around $450 mainly for Rock
sillyman
Nov 19 2007, 07:28 PM
GMC:er
Any suggestions, any1s advice appreciated

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Constie
Nov 19 2007, 08:05 PM
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 19 2007, 01:28 PM) *
Any suggestions, any1s advice appreciated

any all-tube combo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 19 2007, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Master
Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall Get A Marshall

...no kidding get yourself a Marshall if you want to rock. I suggest you buy an AVT 50x, it's a 50 watt hybrid combo from Marshall. It is like a half-tube-amp-half-solidsate-amp. Tt sounds very good and works perfect on every Rock-Style. I play it myself, so does our shred master Pavel (for now)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 19 2007, 09:02 PM
thanx zack i was thinking marshall although i suspect it may be out of my price range, il be sur to check it out though

EDIT: just checked now unfortunatley itl cost double wat im able to spend in South Africa , bout $1000

This post has been edited by sillyman: Nov 19 2007, 09:06 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 19 2007, 09:26 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hmm south africa, so its even more difficult because not every brand is available there (from what I heard). Maybe the Avt Combo with lower watts is in your price range or you can buy it in the uk and let it ship to you(maybe that's makin it more effortable)

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 19 2007, 09:31 PM
yip dis country aint da best for equipment , the only other marshall is the mg15dfx but thats too small

edit: found a behringer blue devilgx112 which sits perfectly in my price range and is a 60 watt tube , duno if anyone here has any experience with these

This post has been edited by sillyman: Nov 19 2007, 09:34 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 19 2007, 09:50 PM
ok this is a list of the amps in my price range feel free to make any comment or recomendation on any of them:

vox valvetronix AD50VT
Laney TF 300-11
Behringer blue devil GX112
Crate GT Series GT212
Crate GLX series GLX65
Line5 Spider iii 30 guitar combo

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Constie
Nov 20 2007, 03:20 PM
** Moderated some of the original text into**
...I disagree on the Marshall suggestion...

The good marshalls are the ones with tubes and they start above 1000$. Have you checked out the "MGs"?
One of the most crappy Amps I've ever played. **text removed**
You can't advise anyone to buy the Amplifier you own.
Please don't think I'm unfriendly. I just want to save sillyman from a big mistake and I do that the best I can
End mod**********

It's a matter of taste!
Go to your local store and test some Amplifiers.
ENGL, Orange, Peavey, Mesa, VOX... these are all great companys.
Find your sound and don't buy a Marshall because it's a "Marshall".

So if you have already 450$ you shoudn't buy a Spider III. This one has no power.
It's my little practisingAmp but I would never crank it up ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Try to find an all tube combo I bet you will get satisfied with it.
Well I don't know the prices in south africa but maybe you should save 600$ and you'll get a lot more for what you pay.

You could tell me some prices so I have a compare wink.gif

Mod comment:
Constie, you're entitled to an opinion, in the future please express it in a more friendly manner. Saying "Sorry for that" and "Please don't think I'm unfriendly" doesn't make what you said less unfriendly.
--
MickeM

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 20 2007, 05:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Nov 20 2007, 04:49 PM
If you can find a Laney tube combo amp in your area at that price you may like it. They have nice cleans and good rock sounds. Or, and saddly what happens to all of us from time to time, is you just need to keep saving your money till you can get the one you want. No one ever mentions this but sometimes the budget is the problem... I have faced this personally several times.

Good luck bud! smile.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 20 2007, 05:02 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Constie @ Nov 20 2007, 02:20 PM) *
** Moderated some of the original text into**
...I disagree on the Marshall suggestion...

The good marshalls are the ones with tubes and they start above 1000$. Have you checked out the "MGs"?
One of the most crappy Amps I've ever played. **text removed**
You can't advise anyone to buy the Amplifier you own.
Please don't think I'm unfriendly. I just want to save sillyman from a big mistake and I do that the best I can
End mod**********

It's a matter of taste!
Go to your local store and test some Amplifiers.
ENGL, Orange, Peavey, Mesa, VOX... these are all great companys.
Find your sound and don't buy a Marshall because it's a "Marshall".

So if you have already 450$ you shoudn't buy a Spider III. This one has no power.
It's my little practisingAmp but I would never crank it up ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

Try to find an all tube combo I bet you will get satisfied with it.
Well I don't know the prices in south africa but maybe you should save 600$ and you'll get a lot more for what you pay.

You could tell me some prices so I have a compare wink.gif

This is great advice !!! Try them all out, Orange or Vox for example do awsome amps, I use a Crush R 30 at my instructors and its fabbo! cool.gif Also none famous brands can often give you massive value for money because your not paying for a brand , but rather for a quality product smile.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 20 2007, 05:27 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Constie
Nov 20 2007, 05:26 PM
edit: @mod alright, that's okay. It was because as I started playing guitar Marshall was THE company for me. It took some time to find out that not everything else is bad.
Don't want someone to make the same mistake as a friend who bought a MG100.

regards

This post has been edited by Constie: Nov 20 2007, 05:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 20 2007, 07:43 PM
wel there is that Laney TF 300-11 thats had the price reduced to within my range

Laney

as a rough guide south african prices are about double that of america and bout 3-4 times that of the UK

This post has been edited by sillyman: Nov 20 2007, 07:49 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Constie
Nov 20 2007, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 20 2007, 01:43 PM) *
as a rough guide south african prices are about double that of america and bout 3-4 times that of the UK

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
Give me an example I can hardly believe it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 20 2007, 08:56 PM
k maybe not the best example but il use the marshall AVT50,
uk= $295
South Africa= $1043

pretty scary

although it only seems to be that bad for marshall and possibly laney, although i dnt have exact models to compare, vox however seems a bit more reasonable

Uk=$280
SA=$570

This post has been edited by sillyman: Nov 20 2007, 09:07 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Constie
Nov 20 2007, 09:19 PM
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 20 2007, 02:56 PM) *
uk= $295
South Africa= $1043

pretty scary
although it only seems to be that bad for marshall and possibly laney, although i dnt have exact models to compare, vox however seems a bit more reasonable

Uk=$280
SA=$570

I always thought it would be cheaper. mad.gif
So you're searching for an amp which is around ~100-150 $ at our place.
There's not very much I could recommend. Can you test any amps or do you have to order via internet?

--------------------

+Quote Post
sillyman
Nov 20 2007, 09:22 PM
no at sum point i intend to go to the place ironically callled marshall music(nothing to do with Marshall amps) and try those that i listed above out and then see what sounds best

This post has been edited by sillyman: Nov 20 2007, 09:27 PM

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)

+Quote Post
Constie
Nov 20 2007, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 20 2007, 03:22 PM) *
no at sum point i intend to go to the place ironically callled marshall music

biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Good luck. Which Amp do you use now?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 21 2007, 12:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 20 2007, 08:56 PM) *
uk= $295
South Africa= $1043

pretty scary

Uk=$280
SA=$570

If I remember well we had another one from South Africa with the exaxt same problems. Less amps to choose from and horrid prices. Can't recall the name....

How about a Peavey Valveking? Built in China and sounds alright, with tubes.

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 21 2007, 12:17 AM
QUOTE (sillyman @ Nov 20 2007, 11:56 AM) *
uk= $295
South Africa= $1043

pretty scary

Uk=$280
SA=$570

Uk price for the AVT50 is £295, Uk does not work in dollars, the ratio for converting dollars to pounds(UK currency) is 2/1, therefore the Uk price in dollars is 600$

and for the laney it would be 520$.

Only america gets gear cheap, as I have complained about many times laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 21 2007, 12:18 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 21 2007, 12:20 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 20 2007, 06:17 PM) *
Only america gets gear cheap, as I have complained about many times laugh.gif

Why do you think I went to the trouble of marrying an American girl so I could move here wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:06 PM