2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Have You Ever Tried To Impress A Girl By Playing The Guitar?
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 23 2011, 09:21 PM
Instructor
I know it's uber corny biggrin.gif but i happen to know a lot of folks trying to learn some songs just to be able to sway the damsels biggrin.gif have you ever tried it? And even more interesting, what was the outcome? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 23 2011, 09:38 PM
Learning Roadie
I can't say I have actually done that...yet.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 23 2011, 09:56 PM
GMC:er
Got laid, lol jokes

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 23 2011, 10:51 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Never really done it. Most of the girls I knew weren't impressed with being able to play Arch Enemy's album "Wages Of Sin" in its entirety.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 23 2011, 10:56 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 23 2011, 10:51 PM) *
Never really done it. Most of the girls I knew weren't impressed with being able to play Arch Enemy's album "Wages Of Sin" in its entirety.

biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jul 23 2011, 11:15 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jul 23 2011, 10:51 PM) *

laugh.gif

To answer the topic, no. Just, no.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jul 24 2011, 01:16 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I have picked up the guitar once or twice with a girl, and impressed her to a certain point...but as mentioned with Arch Enemy, I know basicly rock/metal songs, which don`t get you laid tongue.gif

Recently, I have learned both to play and sing several "pretty/cute" songs, for several reasons. They are nice to sing when alone/with a relaxed company/with a girl... but until now, I have not had the opportunity to play any of them to a girl, so it`s almost a bit wasted tongue.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Jul 24 2011, 01:33 AM
Learning Rock Star
I think it helped me get a date once to learn "more than words" wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 24 2011, 01:42 AM
Ok ok, here's the secrets your'll after...

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 24 2011, 02:50 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 23 2011, 09:21 PM) *
I know it's uber corny biggrin.gif but i happen to know a lot of folks trying to learn some songs just to be able to sway the damsels biggrin.gif have you ever tried it? And even more interesting, what was the outcome? biggrin.gif

oh ya ,it worked ,a little to well
the out come-- 1 wife , 3 mortgages and 7 kids laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 24 2011, 03:19 AM
You'd be just shocked how responsive some women can be once they see you on stage. Even if you weren't very good, only played covers and your guitar was out of tune the entire time. Doesn't work on every gal. But it does work on quite a few. I've played in bands with guys who learned guitar just to meet girls. Call me old fashioned, but I wanted to learn guitar just to learn it, but I have dated girls I"ve met at various gigs. It's a great way to meet people.

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 24 2011, 04:08 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
It was all about impressing girls in the school days. Few were a fan, one particular liked me so much she followed me wherever I went in the school (even in class, she was junior). Oh those were the days. But I was too shy (and she too) to talk to each other. I wish I never had to graduate. It was sort of happy feeling when you know someone liked you so much. biggrin.gif

I was never too nervous in the stage than I was when I encountered a girl. sad.gif It was a boys only school but later changed to co-ed so never ever spoke to girls. sad.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2011, 06:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 24 2011, 12:42 AM) *

This just made my day biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif good company for my coffee this morning biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 24 2011, 11:34 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
To answer the topic...and this will be a surprise to some of you (I am looking at the hairy beast from Dorset)...the answer is yes. When I was a teenager, I used to play at campfires etc...got me some kisses wink.gif Since I play in a band, there have been gigs where girls were quite obviously interested in me...but yeah, metal stuff won't get you far, so learn your 4 chord songs wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 24 2011, 12:23 PM
Instructor
hmm, I did it in high school perhaps.. laugh.gif

After a while, it got a bit boring for me to be with girls just because I was in the band. Most of them wanted to get into serious relationship, some of them just wanted to have fun. I think the first group is why I was a bit bored, because I was immature. It became important to me later on not to tell girls that I play guitar, because they would treat me differently. Then I met my love, and she supports me all the way, although she is definitely not with me because I can play the guitar wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 24 2011, 01:55 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Ha Ivan. When my wife knew I play guitar and I have 5 guitars, she was like throw this away from my room. biggrin.gif But now she has agreed to make a studio if we ever own a new house. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Frederik
Jul 24 2011, 03:13 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Its good to have your body is a wonderland" in the arsenal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 24 2011, 04:33 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 24 2011, 02:42 AM) *

Hehe awesome tutorial videos smile.gif

Playing a guitar definitely helps with the girls purely because of the attractive lifestyle and lot of opportunities to meet them (gigs etc)... smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 24 2011, 08:16 PM
The issue with that funny video "Learning guitar to get Laid", is well it actually works... but I was on the wrong end, which seemed a bit wierd.

True story:
At this party I went to, this guy in his early 20s came in... wearing a cowboy hat and holding an acoustic guitar. First impressions do last, no matter how extreme, he stood out from the rest of the drunken crowd.

He sat himself down in front, open space around him, on the carpet. Started jamming away. I instantly thought cool this guy knows how to play, wasn't until afterwards did I relise it was the most basic four chord songs. Everyone knew the song and he was singing along, some girls went up and sat right next to him singing along happily.

He also started tapping the guitar and got all the girls singing. Then he pasted it to the girl next to him, teached a basic strum and she tried to play. He only had one beer and somehow made that last the entire night as he was busy chatting and playing.

I instantly liked him (ps. not in that way, he was another fellow guitarist) and he became the topic of some girls mind when I chatted with them. I however play the electric, chickened out of jamming, didn't ask to use his guitar. He left with a girl soon after at night, I left... drunk (underage drinking doesn't impress the chicks and there's a rare few that like heavy metal/rock). dry.gif

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Jul 24 2011, 08:19 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 24 2011, 10:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Jul 24 2011, 07:16 PM) *
The issue with that funny video "Learning guitar to get Laid", is well it actually works... but I was on the wrong end, which seemed a bit wierd.

True story:
At this party I went to, this guy in his early 20s came in... wearing a cowboy hat and holding an acoustic guitar. First impressions do last, no matter how extreme, he stood out from the rest of the drunken crowd.

He sat himself down in front, open space around him, on the carpet. Started jamming away. I instantly thought cool this guy knows how to play, wasn't until afterwards did I relise it was the most basic four chord songs. Everyone knew the song and he was singing along, some girls went up and sat right next to him singing along happily.

He also started tapping the guitar and got all the girls singing. Then he pasted it to the girl next to him, teached a basic strum and she tried to play. He only had one beer and somehow made that last the entire night as he was busy chatting and playing.

I instantly liked him (ps. not in that way, he was another fellow guitarist) and he became the topic of some girls mind when I chatted with them. I however play the electric, chickened out of jamming, didn't ask to use his guitar. He left with a girl soon after at night, I left... drunk (underage drinking doesn't impress the chicks and there's a rare few that like heavy metal/rock). dry.gif

Well, that's a sign - always have an acoustic axe around biggrin.gif and learn those 4 chords biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:54 PM