I Love This Pedal, Behringer GDI21
Taka Perry
Oct 5 2013, 09:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey folks,

Attached Image

I've been having a lot of fun playing through this today. It's a Behringer GDI 21 (a Sansamp clone) that I never really used until today, but there are some nice tones hidden in it. I think it goes for about $40, which isn't much at all biggrin.gif I think it's definitely going on my PA system rig wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 5 2013, 11:27 AM
Instructor
Had this for a while. Pretty nice thing and probably one of better Behringer devices - like fcb1010 midi controller. Enjoy Your toy as long as it's working tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2013, 05:28 PM
Instructor
Nice one and very cheap! I use a cheap amp modeller for practice out of home called "Nux"

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 09:39 PM
GMC:er
These do sound spiff smile.gif And makes a portable rig very simple!! Just plug in to the P.A. and bingo! smile.gif High gain through low gain ready to go. Can't beat it for the price. I had a Sansamp Paradriver and I like it but it's not a high gain unit like the regular stomp model. More of a parametric eg preamp. Anyhoo, enjoy!!

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 5 2013, 04:29 AM) *
Hey folks,

Attached Image

I've been having a lot of fun playing through this today. It's a Behringer GDI 21 (a Sansamp clone) that I never really used until today, but there are some nice tones hidden in it. I think it goes for about $40, which isn't much at all biggrin.gif I think it's definitely going on my PA system rig wink.gif

I have the NUX Overdrive Unit which is a Tube Screamer Clone and it sounds great!! And it was way cheap! $35.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 5 2013, 12:28 PM) *
Nice one and very cheap! I use a cheap amp modeller for practice out of home called "Nux"

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 5 2013, 10:48 PM
I have a student that can't afford a good soundcard yet, the one he uses doesn't have a preamp. Can something like this give enough signal strength for (clean and distortion tones) clean recording?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 6 2013, 03:35 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 5 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Had this for a while. Pretty nice thing and probably one of better Behringer devices - like fcb1010 midi controller. Enjoy Your toy as long as it's working tongue.gif

Yes, I've heard good things about that controller too. While it is plastic, it feels more 'solid' than the other Behringer pedals I have. I have a few, but this GDI21 is the only one I use. smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 6 2013, 02:28 AM) *

Attached Image

Looks cool, and it also has a tuner? Nice!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 6 2013, 06:39 AM) *
These do sound spiff smile.gif And makes a portable rig very simple!! Just plug in to the P.A. and bingo! smile.gif High gain through low gain ready to go. Can't beat it for the price. I had a Sansamp Paradriver and I like it but it's not a high gain unit like the regular stomp model. More of a parametric eg preamp. Anyhoo, enjoy!!

Yes, that's how I'm planning to gig, so it's perfect. smile.gif The Behringer is basically a clone of the Sansamp. I haven't tried an actualy Sansamp, so I can't really say what the difference is, but those Sansamp have a unforgiving price tag ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 6 2013, 07:48 AM) *
I have a student that can't afford a good soundcard yet, the one he uses doesn't have a preamp. Can something like this give enough signal strength for (clean and distortion tones) clean recording?

If it has an XLR input, it should be fine. I haven't tried it, but I will do an audio sample and upload it for you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 6 2013, 04:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
Quick sound test of the pedal. Just went straight from the Balanced out into the mic input of my Fast track. I got some nice tones, especially the clean ones. The output is very hot, so I had to turn the gain on my audio interface right down.

I think I could get some better tones if I spent more time tweaking, but here is a 5 minute sound test I did:

Attached File  GDI21_Sound_Test.mp3 ( 1.75MB ) Number of downloads: 119

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 6 2013, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Indeed but this plastic is resistant enought - If You smash the pedal so the plastic cover will break...You will destroy something inside anyway...even if the cover is from metal, pdeals are not design to fall down from ther 4th floor biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 7 2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks I'll let him know smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:05 AM