Jazz Notes Bebop Style, Question on lesson
cdirk
Jul 25 2016, 08:43 PM
GMC:er
When your improvising have you memorized the scales and arpeggios in all different positions and playing it from that or do u just go from scale to scale in one position

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2016, 10:42 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, and welcome to the forum!

Advanced improvisers can visualize scale shapes all over the neck so they can switch from one scale to the other at any part of the guitar in a smooth way. However, when studying improvisation, we have to start with smaller sections (of the neck) to make it easier to memorize the shapes and to switch from one scale to the other.

Does it make sense?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 25 2016, 10:56 PM
GMC Founder
Also - to play coherent/fluid lines - you need to always be able to find the closest scale position. So that you are not forced to move five frets up to find the root note..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 PM