Acoustic/electric Problem, big problem
Ryan
Apr 30 2007, 04:45 AM
GMC:er
Ok well my Ibanez Acoustic/Electric AEL20D (sorry cant find a pic)

When i plug it into my amp...its makes a big noise like a wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwhawahwahwah.sound...and thats only ifi turn my amp up...and use my equalizer...i think it might be a wiring problem with my equalizer.or something but im not really for sure about these things..i dont have the money to take it in though......my parents bought it for me for christmas...at a pawn shop..and it had nothign wrong with it..for 100 dollars....biggrin.gif..but yea...this kinda came up..and is now pissing me off..its my backup guitar..cus my Electrics High E string broke..and i dont have no more..if anybody knows what im talking about please help..and im damn sure its the equalizer cus when i turn the volume up on it...then it will start to do it...but if anybody can please help me...or if some1 needs more of a description..of it..to figure it out...just elt me know..PLEASE!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 30 2007, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Apr 29 2007, 10:45 PM) *
Ok well my Ibanez Acoustic/Electric AEL20D (sorry cant find a pic)

When i plug it into my amp...its makes a big noise like a wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhwhawahwahwah.sound...and thats only ifi turn my amp up...and use my equalizer...i think it might be a wiring problem with my equalizer.or something but im not really for sure about these things..i dont have the money to take it in though......my parents bought it for me for christmas...at a pawn shop..and it had nothign wrong with it..for 100 dollars....biggrin.gif..but yea...this kinda came up..and is now pissing me off..its my backup guitar..cus my Electrics High E string broke..and i dont have no more..if anybody knows what im talking about please help..and im damn sure its the equalizer cus when i turn the volume up on it...then it will start to do it...but if anybody can please help me...or if some1 needs more of a description..of it..to figure it out...just elt me know..PLEASE!!!

I'm not much of a techie, but here's some common culprits: A- Make sure all of your jacks (guitar and amp) are snug and clean. If they feel loose at all...that could be it. B- Borrow a different cord from a friend and give it a try. C- Turn off any other electronics around you and distance yourself from your amp.....could be picking up ambient signals or feeding back.

Just some free things you can try without having to take your geetar apart.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by wheeler: Apr 30 2007, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 1 2007, 12:18 AM
yea..the staying farther away helps it some..but not all of it..and my cord is just fine..sad.gif i wish it was just my cord sad.gif but well i got more strings so i guess i can worry about this, and fix it later..but thx though wheeler biggrin.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:09 AM