Lesson Self-test, What Do You Think?
skennington
Dec 23 2007, 02:43 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
OK guys and gal's. I'm relatively new here and gaining lots of knowledge. I also value all answers and opions about questions I may have. I'm studying scales at this point and find myself wondering if I know a paticular scale enough to move on to different lesson. I need to know what to ask myself about the particular lesson i'm studying.

Would it help you to have say a 5 - 10 question self-test ( provided by the instructor in which he/she feels most important ) at the end of each lesson? I know this won't pertain to all l, but how bout the beginner lessons. If I can answer yes to all questions, then I may feel a little better about moving on.

What do you think? Am I just getting to wrapped up? maybe I need a drink or something blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 23 2007, 03:14 AM
GMC:er
seems like a good idea to me, even for the non beginner lessons. But i think the "test" should reserve itself to theory only, imo.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 23 2007, 03:33 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 22 2007, 09:14 PM) *
seems like a good idea to me, even for the non beginner lessons. But i think the "test" should reserve itself to theory only, imo.

Agreed Fret, the theory of the lesson is what I question myself.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 23 2007, 12:19 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`m never against any new idea but I`m not sure that I understand the idea to be honest, could you explain a little further?

Its more about how comfortable you are in playing something as well isnt it? surely by saying "play this scale" (lets say x for now could be any number of them) to yourself, then play it without the need to refer to tabs etc If you nail it without references then surely that would be confirmation enough that you know the scale, plus nailing the lesson 100% all the time is a test in itself?

I dont know? thats kind of what I meant at the beginning, I dont really understand your idea laugh.gif

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Dec 23 2007, 12:34 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 23 2007, 01:51 PM
Instructor
It is a nice idea, but you can ask your questions or ask specific instructor to write them for a specific lesson, so that we all don't have to write it. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 23 2007, 03:39 PM
Smells, Ivan thanks for the input.

I think I was at a point last night questioning myself with how I was progressing. Not having an instuctor in front of me giving immediate feedback I guess.

Like you said, If I can nail the lesson 100% then it's time to move on. I hear people say "they've gotten rusty" and I guess I was wanting to know how long I should drill a lesson into my head. Is it like learning to ride a bike? Once you know a technique or a particular scale, will it always be there? Of course assuming I practice lessons already learned occasionaly.

Anyway, great to be here guys and look forward to learning guitar GMC style!

-Steve

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 23 2007, 04:25 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I dont think you forget things provided you keep revisiting it often enough, even if you do forget bits its suprising how it suddenly clicks back into place when you go back over it, you`ll be using parts of various scales when you start improvising too so that `ll keep it all up there wink.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:55 PM