If You Met Your Favourite Guitar Player
PosterBoy
Jan 25 2017, 12:47 PM
Learning Roadie
and they told you how to improve your playing, and it was something you already knew deep down but didn't put into practice because, either it was boring like learning triads and arpeggios in all inversions in all 12 keys, would it make a difference because the advice came from them?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jan 25 2017, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
It would probably felt like a "short term boost".
If the will to do it ain't in your guts, you would probably run out of power after a while.

tongue.gif I think, I dunno.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 26 2017, 09:12 AM
Learning Roadie
You may be right, I wonder if they would appear in your head when the motivation started to go telling you how you needed to do this.

Like Bruce Lee in No Retreat No Surrender (for those of us who liked teen martial arts films in the 80s)

The Coursera course Learning how to learn has motivated me, as it has explained how we learn and remember and what learning techniques work and why they work.

I can't help but think some sage advice from Paul Gilbert, Andy Timmons or Satchel would come in useful.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 26 2017, 03:33 PM
GMC:er
Most of the time, until you yourself are an expert or at least a pro (or you pay money to go to a clinic or a camp and get lucky enough for some one on one) you don't meet the other experts. You have to listen to their music and try to learn it and decipher it. Also, read interviews and take very seriously what they say.
Generally speaking, this is what the 'experts' did. And yes, 99% of the time they're going to tell you stuff you already know you should work on.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jan 26 2017, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:35 PM