> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

SRV - Stevie Ray Vaughan, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

diegocasmo
Mar 21 2016, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
Original lesson: SRV - Stevie Ray Vaughan by Muris Varajic

I had lots of fun learning this lesson!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 21 2016, 03:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, good job with this one!

I like how relaxed you look while playing this lesson. The overall take sounds good but there are some details to have in mind in order to master this one. One thing that I note is that sometimes you tend to rush a bit the timing so you need to put some attention to it. This is not something dramatic but it will make your playing sound groovier.

SRV style requires really strong picking and vibrato. The solo section sounds good, but if you want to make this sound better I recommend you to try to pick everything extremely stronger, at first try with some unnatural strength to hear how it affects the way your licks sound. Then you will have to slowly graduate dynamics.

Another difference between this one and the original is vibrato. I notice that your vibrato is a bit weak yet. As I recommended doing with dynamics, try to exaggerate your vibrato to make your fingers stronger.

There are also some details to fix around 00:39 and 00:44, some notes that sound weak and some bend that doesn't reach the correct pitch.

That's all by now. It's a good take by the way, just adjust these details and it will sound like the masters!

PS: The name of the instructor is Muris.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 22 2016, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Hi!

Again a piece of great playing. Unfortunately there is one kind of problem with blues - it shouldn't be square. It's a true nightmare because precision is something that we, players at some stage recpect most, right after emotions. Sometimes those two things can't go together and cruel life shows that a players how tend to have less skills are sounding more naturall in blues playing. It's probably the worst nightmare for any player - sounding too clean. And yes you made your homework perfectly...to perfect biggrin.gif But the topic of blues flavor that can't be attached to any ruler is endless topic. Your playing here was top notch. It will now need some more attention to figure out how to play it with the reall blues vibe. Gab's suggestions are spot on. As for my tips....Do you ibanez have 5-way switch? Ibanez had it's specific wirring patent for 2 humbuckers with 5-way selector. One of position should be neck humbucker splitted to single coil. It would be best choice for playin Steve's type of lessons smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 26 2016, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Hi dude, this is a coll lesson and I think you've got a good energy to your playing. I think your picking hand is totally right in the delivery but Gab mentioned that you could try adding a bit more aggression yet so perhaps experiment with that and see how you get on.

Timing - you can sometimes rush ahead slightly so try to reign it in wink.gif

Vibrato - still developing, I'm sure but see if you can get it a bit wider and more aggressive

Tone - gain is a bit too fizzy here. It can be difficult to get a tone close to SRV without a Strat, although Muris does quite a good job, so I would experiment with pickup selection as Darius suggested and hone the presets you're using to record with.

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 28 2016, 01:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 PM