I Need Help
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2009, 08:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So I'm trying to cut back on music that is like "Kill yourself yay yay yay!" but still listen to bands with the same sound. So I thought why not try christian metal I mean whats the harm in trying to reconnect with God. So I'm trying to find some good christian metal bands. Can anyone help me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 15 2009, 08:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Some screamers in this list but pretty good."Demon Hunter" and "Gwen Stacy" sounds pretty cool!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Mar 15 2009, 08:20 PM
Instructor
I didn´t know that much about these bands... sorry man.
looking for some recommendations...

+Quote Post
Frederik
Mar 15 2009, 08:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 15 2009, 08:06 PM) *
So I'm trying to cut back on music that is like "Kill yourself yay yay yay!" but still listen to bands with the same sound. So I thought why not try christian metal I mean whats the harm in trying to reconnect with God. So I'm trying to find some good christian metal bands. Can anyone help me?

Try John Mayer. Its the shiat wink.gif he also speaks of christianity. though its definitly not metal

-Frederik

U could also start listening to clasical music. it has a lot in common with metal. i like the romantic period. with chopin, listz, berlioz, wagner, shumann, rackmanirov etc.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2009, 08:35 PM
QUOTE (Frederik @ Mar 15 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Try John Mayer. Its the shiat wink.gif he also speaks of christianity. though its definitly not metal

-Frederik

U could also start listening to clasical music. it has a lot in common with metal. i like the romantic period. with chopin, listz, berlioz, wagner, shumann, rackmanirov etc.

Hmm interesting. Lately I have been through a very depressed state in my life and I thought it was just because I'm a teenager but I realized on days that I didnt listen to some bands I would be happy but then when I listen to are you dead yet I just go psychotic. John Mayer and Jack Johnson have actually helped me through alot lately.

QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 15 2009, 02:17 PM) *
Some screamers in this list but pretty good."Demon Hunter" and "Gwen Stacy" sounds pretty cool!

Thanks I am really going to check out Demon Hunter I have heard of Gwen Stacy before never really checked them out though. Thanks for sharing the vid with me.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
sigma7
Mar 15 2009, 08:38 PM
GMC:er
august burns red...awesome band, (check out truth of the liar, barbarian, and composure)
every time i die...

This post has been edited by sigma7: Mar 15 2009, 08:40 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frederik
Mar 15 2009, 08:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Ohh jack is awsome. really like it. when im down i usually compose my way out. mostly blues and whatever comes in mind. or i try to be with my friends or meet others. it really is the best thing imo

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 15 2009, 08:44 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 15 2009, 02:35 PM) *
Thanks I am really going to check out Demon Hunter I have heard of Gwen Stacy before never really checked them out though. Thanks for sharing the vid with me.

Your welcome man. This thread of yours actually got me looking around for new music too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
sigma7
Mar 15 2009, 08:46 PM
actually download like the rhapsody or napster software and they have wide spans of recomendations for you,

or go to allmusic.com

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 15 2009, 10:13 PM
Try Orphaned Land. Progressive Death Metal with some Middle Eastern Folk. The lyrics are not Christian, but they are about The Old Testament and God (Judaism) to be exact. The album Mabool revolves around the 40 days of rain, one of the many parables in the Old Testament. Give it a try, I think Mabool is one of the best Metal albums that's been released in the last 10 years.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Mar 15 2009, 10:21 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2009, 10:51 PM
QUOTE (Frederik @ Mar 15 2009, 02:39 PM) *
Ohh jack is awsome. really like it. when im down i usually compose my way out. mostly blues and whatever comes in mind. or i try to be with my friends or meet others. it really is the best thing imo

Banana Pancakes helped me out of my slump. Thing is my friends are in the same place I am.

QUOTE (sigma7 @ Mar 15 2009, 02:46 PM) *
actually download like the rhapsody or napster software and they have wide spans of recomendations for you,

or go to allmusic.com

Good Idea I will do that tomorrow!

QUOTE (VinceG @ Mar 15 2009, 04:13 PM) *
Try Orphaned Land. Progressive Death Metal with some Middle Eastern Folk. The lyrics are not Christian, but they are about The Old Testament and God (Judaism) to be exact. The album Mabool revolves around the 40 days of rain, one of the many parables in the Old Testament. Give it a try, I think Mabool is one of the best Metal albums that's been released in the last 10 years.

Thanks for the share that was pretty cool.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Mar 16 2009, 02:21 AM
You may like a lot of Midnattsol's songs. Not Christian metal and a couple songs may not be what you're looking for but...

Another Return
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0ykJHu7X20

En Natt I Nord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQtM9vT130

This is just off the top of my head thinking. I'll try to find some others if you would like me too. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Disturbed21: Mar 16 2009, 02:23 AM

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Fullmetal_Tmd
Mar 24 2009, 11:54 PM
If you're into newer metal bands, you like most of the other bands that have been suggested...

BUT, if you're into full blown death metal, you should definitely listen to MORTIFICATION, they're one of the forefathers of christian death metal

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:15 AM