> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Dec 22 2015, 11:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
You're very welcome Gab.

I'm struggling with motivation at the moment mate, sorry. Probably just because I'm tired with the workload at work currently.
I think Scott (Bleez) is struggling too.

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 22 2015, 11:14 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 23 2015, 09:47 PM
Instructor
The world goes mad this days... don't worry mate. Try to take is easy, relax and enjoy what you do. This new collb will be waiting for you:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=56403

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 23 2015, 10:10 PM
Thank you for your understanding Gab,

I've just discovered the collab I entered last Christmas and it has inspired me a bit. I really like this piece even though it's simple. I don't know if you ever saw it but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8XIG723MRQ

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2015, 08:14 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, nice playing here. I'm not sure if this is an original solo or a cover, what are you exactly playing? I liked the melody, and your vibrato on this recording. Your tone also fits good with the backing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 26 2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks Gab,
I appreciate that.
It was an improvisation but when I played it back I thought there were elements of Cryin' by Satch in the beginning, I think it's the pre bends.
It was totally improvised though.
Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 27 2015, 12:05 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 26 2015, 11:28 PM
Instructor
This makes it even cooler! Congrats Phil.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 27 2015, 12:05 AM
Thanks Gab
This is one of my favourite takes smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 28 2015, 01:34 PM
Instructor
Keep on rocking! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 28 2015, 11:40 PM
I try mate, I really do but life keeps throwing me a curve ball sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2015, 01:29 PM
Instructor
Hey Phil, I've seen your comment on the punk collab. I don't think that you can't solo over the first section. It's not a fast tempo, what about working on something for it a bit here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 29 2015, 02:06 PM
Thanks Gab,
I know it's not really fast, I meant I am to be able to do ballad stuff better.
I'm going away for a few days to celebrate the new year so I'll try when I get back. I need to get back on track anyway
Cheers my friend.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 29 2015, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 29 2015, 10:06 AM) *
Thanks Gab,
I know it's not really fast, I meant I am to be able to do ballad stuff better.
I'm going away for a few days to celebrate the new year so I'll try when I get back. I need to get back on track anyway
Cheers my friend.

Ok mate! End of year is the best time to re-organize and set new goals. Happy new year! See you when you're back.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 29 2015, 05:29 PM
Happy new year to you to mate. I'm not leaving until tomorrow smile.gif

Update:

I had my first go at the Sex Pistols lesson in about a month tonight. Probably since HERE but I managed to play it all the way through at 50% speed, not super clean but I got through it, no vibrato yet either but I'll put that in when I get more comfortable with it wink.gif I can't believe that I managed it after about 15 minutes when I consider the trouble I was having when I stopped playing it. It's like my fingers have been practising in my sleep smile.gif

Cheers mate.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 29 2015, 10:22 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 30 2015, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Great news mate!! This shows how much our mind is involved in playing. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 30 2015, 06:58 PM
The spark is re-ignited smile.gif
Thanks for your patience Gab, I was starting to think you might throw me out of the army because of recent commitment or lack of it.
Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2015, 04:19 PM
Instructor
hahaha never! You are a very motivating person, and you have growed a lot as a person and musician this year.

Congratulations my friend!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 31 2015, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 31 2015, 03:19 PM) *
hahaha never! You are a very motivating person, and you have growed a lot as a person and musician this year.

Congratulations my friend!

Thank you Gab,
I really appreciate your words and your help . I hope one day our paths will cross.
A happy; healthy and successful new year to you my friend.
Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2015, 05:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 31 2015, 01:02 PM) *
Thank you Gab,
I really appreciate your words and your help . I hope one day our paths will cross.
A happy; healthy and successful new year to you my friend.
Cheers

Thanks mate, the same for you and your family.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 6 2016, 10:35 PM
Hello Gab,
Ok, my head is better now the funeral is over, it was a very dark cloud looming over my head.

I've just had a go at the theory assignment 1, task 2, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I tend to get stuck in a certain groove and can't break out of it but that comes with experience I guess as you build your knowledge.

I think I will do all three tasks to learn them and then every couple of days I will go over them again to reinforce the knowledge in my head.

I apologise in advance for the many question I might be asking. I seem to have a mental block with music theory for some reason, ask me to explain the coefficient of thermal linear expansion, or continuous second order polynomial function and I can, but music theory blink.gif

It's not that I lack intelligence but you probably get it yourself with some things, they just don't stick. That's why I'm hoping this will help with the application involved.

Thanks for this mate wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 7 2016, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, good to know that things are getting lighter now. As I've said at the theory thread, your questions are always welcome! That's the purpose of this forum! Helping, giving feedback and making music are the main goals here.

If everything goes as I expect it, this new workout will motivate you to make music while learning theory, composition and improvisation concepts.

As always, don't think too much, enjoy it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:02 AM