Problems With Metronome, Help please.
Oxac
Oct 19 2008, 02:10 PM
GMC:er
It seems like my metronome jumps when I'm recording (I use the built in metronome) how can I solve this problem?

I use a brand new Macbook pro with Garage Band (atm) and it's really annoying when I can't record to a metronome.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 19 2008, 11:46 PM
Instructor
You can't really use software metronome precisely. It is too unprecise. The best way is to buy some cheap metronome device, like Korg TM40.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Skalde
Oct 20 2008, 01:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Perhaps you have to many programms running in the background so your cpu is operating at full capacity.
I had this problem some time ago with Guitar Pro and Reaper. You can download a free ram defrag tool like 'Z-defragRAM" it cleans your ram and makes space for your recording software.
It do not know if this is helpful in your case, but worked for me.

Or you can create a midi track and sample a simple four beat, this is what I do when I record to a metronome.

This post has been edited by Skalde: Oct 20 2008, 01:10 PM

+Quote Post
Oxac
Oct 24 2008, 08:16 AM
I dunno man, I have a brand new Mac and with the only process running is the recording software. So Ivan you're saying that my best bet is an external device? Even for recording?

Isn't there a problem when synchronazing several tracks then?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
wrk
Oct 24 2008, 09:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
You mean the build in metronome in GarageBand jumps? I use a drum track in GB, but with both i never had the problem that the speed is changing. Normally GB stops to play if you have too many tracks, VSTs or CPU limit is reached.

Which version of GB do you use? The previous version had some serious performance problems. It's better now, but it still need a lot CPU. Here the same .. the interaction with the application was more and more slow, but the playback was stable.

How much RAM do you have?

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 24 2008, 03:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You must be overloading your computer if it jumps....Wrk made an interesting suggestion, if you can't use internal metronome make a drum track that will substitute it...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 24 2008, 03:57 PM
Instructor
Could be a bug of the program....or some problem with the ram. Is weird in a Mac but...who knows. Check that out by running more programs and looking the Ram Usage.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Oxac
Oct 24 2008, 04:27 PM
I have 4 gigs of ram and that's the only program running except finder ang guitarport...

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 24 2008, 04:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Oxac @ Oct 24 2008, 09:16 AM) *
I dunno man, I have a brand new Mac and with the only process running is the recording software. So Ivan you're saying that my best bet is an external device? Even for recording?

Isn't there a problem when synchronazing several tracks then?

Hmm, you have a point mate, it isn't the computer, it is definitely something wrong with garage then. Why don't you transfer to another DAW, like Reaper or Nuendo if you can buy it? That metronome is pretty accurate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Oct 24 2008, 06:16 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 24 2008, 05:35 PM) *
Hmm, you have a point mate, it isn't the computer, it is definitely something wrong with garage then. Why don't you transfer to another DAW, like Reaper or Nuendo if you can buy it? That metronome is pretty accurate.

I've been thinking about Logic, that metronome should be very accurate (considering their price...) Or what do you think?

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 24 2008, 06:56 PM
Instructor
I think Logic would be great, it's one of the best DAWs. I use Nuendo and Toneport and never had any problems whatsoever, only when processor or RAM is badly overloaded.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Oct 24 2008, 06:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Nov 3 2008, 09:10 AM
Singing Instructor
Logic would be my choice too if I work on mac.I think your problem is Garage Band.Other thing you can do in the meantime.Open a midi track,and load any drums you haw.Take a rim shot sample and just copy every bar.That way you can adjust the loudness of your new improvised metronome.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:27 PM