Delicious Coffee
Andrew6
Mar 14 2009, 06:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
I just opened a bag of coffee I bought a month or two ago while I was in Cuba and I just wanted to let all you coffee lovers know it is probably the best i've ever had! Blows the North American brands out of the water easily! It was also obsecenly cheap down there when I bought it butthey don't import it so there is no where I can get a refill sad.gif . Anyone else have any coffee recommendations ? laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 14 2009, 06:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:02 PM) *
I just opened a bag of coffee I bought a month or two ago while I was in Cuba and I just wanted to let all you coffee lovers know it is probably the best i've ever had! Blows the North American brands out of the water easily! It was also obsecenly cheap down there when I bought it butthey don't import it so there is no where I can get a refill sad.gif . Anyone else have any coffee recommendations ? laugh.gif

Man, I'm a coffee addict as well... At least 3 cups/day, but that's the minimum for me... hehe. I like Davidoff light for example. I like it pretty sweet, so a foamy cappuccinos or a melange is always welcome on my desk... Especially during practicing, you can have a minute rest just to sip your coffee a little cool.gif

But you didn't write the brand of the Cuban miracle, so please do so tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 14 2009, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (berko @ Mar 14 2009, 02:17 PM) *
Man, I'm a coffee addict as well... At least 3 cups/day, but that's the minimum for me... hehe. I like Davidoff light for example. I like it pretty sweet, so a foamy cappuccinos or a melange is always welcome on my desk... Especially during practicing, you can have a minute rest just to sip your coffee a little cool.gif

But you didn't write the brand of the Cuban miracle, so please do so tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Sorry Cubita is the brand I have here, I hear cerano is also good ( if thats how its spelled) . Yeah I consume a vast amount of coffee over the course of a day laugh.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2009, 06:32 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/CUBAN-COFFEE-CAFE-CUBA...p3286.m20.l1116

you can get anything online

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 14 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
Look at the price !!! thats insane !!! It was like 45 cents or something when I got it hahaha

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
berko
Mar 14 2009, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:32 PM) *

Yeah, thanks man! I don't think I would be able to live without coffee for too long tongue.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 14 2009, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Look at the price !!! thats insane !!! It was like 45 cents or something when I got it hahaha

Looks like thats for 10 bags of it...not 45 cents, but cheaper than a plane ticket

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 14 2009, 07:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nope thats for one bag you can order up to 10 :S and that was 45 cents canadian so even less than what your thinking of laugh.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 14 2009, 07:36 PM
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 14 2009, 11:02 AM) *

The big issue with coffee is not the brand, or where it comes from. It is how you make it.

Basically you can't make it in a coffee maker, certainly not one that you buy at Walmart. You want to use water at the highest temp possible, not just boiling, but rapidly boiling. I pour that through a funnel, in one cup portions, making 8 cups, which I put into two 24 hour thermos containers.

I never find any coffee in a restaurant that tastes as good as mine, and I just use grocery store coffee. Although they often have pretty good coffee, because they use expensive coffee makers that get the water very hot.

QUOTE (berko @ Mar 14 2009, 11:45 AM) *
Yeah, thanks man! I don't think I would be able to live without coffee for too long tongue.gif

being a survivalist, I keep a store of essentials. one of these is 6 months supply of coffee. Another is 6 months of toilet paper. Actually I should keep more. In a survivalist scenario, the barter value of coffee and toilet paper would be quite high me thinks.

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Mar 14 2009, 07:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
Especially if you plant laxatives in your coffee and then sell the toilet paper laugh.gif Post-apocalyptic get rich scheme ? I think so laugh.gif

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 14 2009, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (Andrew6 @ Mar 14 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Especially if you plant laxatives in your coffee and then sell the toilet paper laugh.gif Post-apocalyptic get rich scheme ? I think so laugh.gif

Good idea, creative thinking. However, I don't think you would need to do that in a Mad Max scenario. Deny people toilet paper and coffee for just a short time, and they will be out of control. I also keep a lot of ammo .357 magnum, to protect my hoard of coffee and toilet paper, and my dog, in such as scenario.

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Mar 14 2009, 09:19 PM
Also being a coffee addict, I purchased a coffee maker last year that grinds the beans. You just buy the whole beans at safeway.

It's 20x better than regular coffee from can.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 14 2009, 09:59 PM
I was never that addicted to caffeine. The only time I would drink coffee is when im tired/sleepy in the morning or when I have to pull an all nighter, im gonna drink at least a few cups of coffee. I want to purchase a french press though. I heard the flavors of a coffee comes out best on a French Press.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 14 2009, 10:38 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
we`ll have to tap up "Coffeeman" to buy some of his own brand of coffee smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 14 2009, 10:57 PM
Instructor
I drink 1-2 coffee every day, and enjoy a good cup, but I drink only instant coffee, like Jacobs Monarch or Gold, I stopped drinking filter and regular coffee a while ago. I would like to get espresso machine some time these days so I can make mocha at home biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:09 PM