Locking Tuner Care
BrainSmash
Jan 31 2009, 01:58 AM
GMC:er
hi, recently got a new parker nitefly(yeahh). Anyways since its 13 years old i want to know some tips regarding its sperzel tuners(that orignially came with the guitar). Any tips would be very helpfull. The tuners are still good but A and low E string are still going out of tune(more then i would like). General there pretty good but when i use the vibratto it goes out of tune.

Ps, i know that the tremelo puts the guitar out of tune, but i dont do dive bombs or anything too bad, i use it more as a bigsby thing.

thx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
inertia
Jan 31 2009, 02:13 AM
GMC:er
I'm no expert but if the guitar is going out of tune, it could be the nut as well, you may want to add some graphite on the nut for those strings so that it doesn't catch

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 31 2009, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Yeah, check the nut like inertia said and also change the strings if you haven't done that in awhile. If those dont' help, then the tuners may be too old and aren't working properly.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:19 AM