Behringer V Amp 2., Anyone else using one???
Sensible Jones
Jul 14 2009, 01:31 PM
GMC:er
Just wondering if anyone else is using a V Amp 2, Pro or XT???
I have one but never really used it much but a friend of mine just sent me some links and rekindled my interest in using it as a recording device again!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 14 2009, 01:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Have had the V-amp 2, but never really used it. In many ways I could only make it sound very... plastic-ish.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 14 2009, 02:12 PM
Instructor
The guy at the studio where I´m recording has the V-Amp pro for bass and he is very happy.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 14 2009, 03:01 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 14 2009, 01:57 PM) *
Have had the V-amp 2, but never really used it. In many ways I could only make it sound very... plastic-ish.

That's exactly what I thought!! There was only a couple of Presets on there that I ever found usable!! Plastic-ish is a great way of describing it!!!

QUOTE (Gerardo Siere @ Jul 14 2009, 02:12 PM) *
The guy at the studio where I´m recording has the V-Amp pro for bass and he is very happy.

Agreed!! I know a couple of people that use the Bass Version and are really happy with it!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
dysfunction
Jul 17 2009, 07:32 AM
I personally really like mine, use it exclusively for recording in fact, and I get some beautiful tones with it- friends with PODs are jealous.

--------------------
I've slaughtered truth
And I've shattered my heart

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 17 2009, 03:30 PM
QUOTE (dysfunction @ Jul 17 2009, 07:32 AM) *
I personally really like mine, use it exclusively for recording in fact, and I get some beautiful tones with it- friends with PODs are jealous.

That's good to hear!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 17 2009, 10:59 PM
Instructor
Hmm, whats the budget on it? Possibly there are better devices in the price range?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
dysfunction
Jul 18 2009, 12:21 AM
The price has held steady at $100US for at least the past couple years. The POD (at least the POD 2.0) does have markedly superior effects, plus it has digital output and doesn't need MIDI to edit presets on the computer, but in the end I find the V-Amp's amp models to be more faithful and less digital in general. Since I prefer to mix with VST effects on the computer, of which there are effects much better than the POD's, the V-Amp's effects aren't an issue for me.

--------------------
I've slaughtered truth
And I've shattered my heart

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 18 2009, 04:28 PM
QUOTE (dysfunction @ Jul 18 2009, 12:21 AM) *
Since I prefer to mix with VST effects on the computer, of which there are effects much better than the POD's, the V-Amp's effects aren't an issue for me.

A great point!! I hadn't thought of using it that way!!!!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 18 2009, 08:57 PM
I have the V-amp 2 for giving lessons and it sounds great. I usually use it for record some ideas that I don't want to miss because the studio of my band is a bit far, so I can't go there anytime. But it's a great tool. Of course that there are better things, but I think that the V-amp 2 is amazing for it's low price. The bass player of my band has the Bass V-amp and he has made a really blow-mind sound with it. And for record bass, it's unbelievable. I'll show you some that soon

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 18 2009, 11:15 PM
Instructor
I agree with Santigao. This device may not be top notch for home recording, but for doing some guitar examples to others like lessons, and recording some ideas on the go it is great.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:04 PM